You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Can Duesenberg cut it as an MTT reg? Let's find out...

Comments

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    3. Most MTT players are awful.

Bang bang indeed!
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    Tikay10 said:

Thanks Angmar.

I'm not sure what the biggest thing I've learned this month is, but the first three that spring to mind are:

1. I find poker much more enjoyable and motivating when I have a specific near-term target to aim for.

2. I hate gardening.

Isn't it about time your own diary had an update?

:)
    Paging @MynaFrett

Agree about @Angmar2626 - pull your finger out :)

I had a little bash at the diary thing when I documented my DYM fishiness during the last DYM streak week, or was it the one before that? (speaking of which, hats off to @Jacquelyn , impressive stuff) I don't think it's for me to be honest (DYM's and public diaries both :D ) I'm not sure it would be beneficial for me and I'm not sure anyone else would get anything out of it either. There are plenty diaries on the go at the minute from:

i) Interesting people
    ii) Better players
    iii) Interesting people who play better
  • Options

Bang bang indeed!

I know, right? Between this comment and the other one (about mass tabling nano-stakes being pointless) he's alienated most of his readers, me included.

*unsubscribed*
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

MattBates said:

Congrats on win 2. Get a t-shirt made with I won the mega stack so you can brag at the school reunion.

I think the issue was maybe starting off with an unrealistic target. Be interesting to know what sort of volume say me/lool do per month excluding all in sats. With sats, I don't think there is much value in the 1 seat ones but the multi seat ones are very good value.

Also if your just going for volume you could play lower stakes and have a load of tables and auto pilot and make a profit but I doubt it leads to a better hourly and wont mean your game improves so I think your adjusted plan is the way forward.

Thanks Matt.

I wore the t-shirt but most people assumed "I won the Mega Stack" was something to do with me getting a very large free burger in some fast food promo. Bunch of heathens!

I crunched the numbers for May out of curiosity and it broke down as follows:

Matt: Total played = 1,264, Total Sats = 801, Lottery Sats = 643.
    Lool: Total played = 656, Total Sats = 203, Lottery Sats = 0.

I think you make a good point about the multi-seat sats so I might have a closer look at those. I do have a 100% success rate in them so far* B).

I think my biggest focus now will be on improving as a tourney player so mindlessly mass-tabling nano stakes is probably a fairly pointless exercise now.

*Sample size of 1 ;)
    MynaFrett said:

Tikay10 said:

Thanks Angmar.

I'm not sure what the biggest thing I've learned this month is, but the first three that spring to mind are:

1. I find poker much more enjoyable and motivating when I have a specific near-term target to aim for.

2. I hate gardening.

Isn't it about time your own diary had an update?

:)
    Paging @MynaFrett

Agree about @Angmar2626 - pull your finger out :)

I had a little bash at the diary thing when I documented my DYM fishiness during the last DYM streak week, or was it the one before that? (speaking of which, hats off to @Jacquelyn , impressive stuff) I don't think it's for me to be honest (DYM's and public diaries both :D ) I'm not sure it would be beneficial for me and I'm not sure anyone else would get anything out of it either. There are plenty diaries on the go at the minute from:

i) Interesting people
    ii) Better players
    iii) Interesting people who play better
    iv) Players like Duesenberg

I think your diary would be good but do agree with your views on the current diaries
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,742
    MynaFrett said:

Bang bang indeed!

I know, right? Between this comment and the other one (about mass tabling nano-stakes being pointless) he's alienated most both of his readers, me included.

*unsubscribed*
    FYP
  • Options
    Day 17-18.

Slightly overdue update but not too much to report. I played a very small session on Wednesday and probably wouldn't have played at all but for the fact I'd luckboxed myself a free entry into that night's Main thank to a heater in the weekly forum competition. No joy that time but at least it was free!

Thursday saw me play a little more and I achieved a new personal best - I managed to get through both bullets in the Main Event within 20 minutes :D. A 3rd place in the 18:30 £5.50bh lessened the damage slightly but tanking almost every other event made for small back to back losses overall.

I should be at the tables now but the summer heat is making me feel extra lazy so I think a very light recreational session will be in store tonight.

MTT's played: 251
    MTT's won: 3
    Profit/Loss: +£1,174.93
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,539
    Nice results!

How you finding the MTT, pee in a bottle, lifestyle compared to the cash grind? My other half is quite relentless in letting me know MTTs are not healthy long term.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Nice results!

How you finding the MTT, pee in a bottle, lifestyle compared to the cash grind? My other half is quite relentless in letting me know MTTs are not healthy long term.

I think your other half might have a point - have you seen the state of @MattBates?! ;)

I haven't yet had to resort to a pee bottle thankfully (I'm a bit of a camel in that regard, which helps) but number two's are nowhere near as enjoyable when they're a rushed affair... is that a little too much sharing?

Other than that, I'm still enjoying the donkament grind for the most part. The only weird bit is that I can finish an MTT session in far more profit than a successful cash session but still feel thoroughly disappointed at the end of it!

How was Vegas?
  • Options
    Day 19.

Suppose I may as well keep on top of the updates whilst I'm here.

Just a very small and late one tonight - only 5 played and I didn't start until 11pm. The rot of the last couple of nights was and truly stopped though as I came through with a mighty 45p profit on the evening :).

Hopefully I'll stop faffing about soon and get back to putting in some half decent volume.

MTT's played: 256
    Profit/Loss: +£1,175.38
  • Options
    It's ask the audience time...

With one week to go until my July 5th deadline, I'm miles off reaching my 500 game target. That's not bothering me too much though as the challenge has still very much done its job in that I've played more MTT's this month than ever before and had a good bit of fun along the way too.

The question is, what should I do with this diary come July 5th?

There are 3 options as I see it:

1. Wrap it up on the 5th with a typically concise summary of how I felt about the whole thing.

2. Keep it going until I reach 500 games, however long it takes.

3. Something else entirely - you tell me!

Any feedback would be most appreciated :)
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,690
    edited June 2019
    Keep it going , it's interesting
    Edit: I think @waller02 diary should be moved to poker chat, like how you guys bounce off each other
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027

Nice results!

I think your other half might have a point - have you seen the state of @MattBates?! ;)

I haven't yet had to resort to a pee bottle thankfully (I'm a bit of a camel in that regard, which helps) but number two's are nowhere near as enjoyable when they're a rushed affair... is that a little too much sharing?

Other than that, I'm still enjoying the donkament grind for the most part. The only weird bit is that I can finish an MTT session in far more profit than a successful cash session but still feel thoroughly disappointed at the end of it!

How was Vegas?
    Whats better being like a camel or horse? Either keep it in or cant get it in..
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,038
    Keep it going. Set some new goals. Like a profit target or beat Matt Bates in a flip.
  • Options
    i) Get on this list by the end of the year
    ii) Be in the top 10 in the first half of 2020
    iii) Be in the top 5 by the end of 2020 (assuming and hoping this list will still be a thing by then :( )

• Options
    * worth noting that this list isn't actually the top 30 earners from MTT on SKY in 2019 as it is missing a number of big hitters who are either blocked or not opted in on SharkScope… so it should be even easier for you to achieve those goals above ;)
  • Options
    Oh and document the journey here, obviously.

gl :)
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,690
    am shocked , why arn,t i on that list , i come 2nd in the 715 deepy last night too
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback guys - good to hear some of you enjoy my wafflings :)

I really ran out of steam quite easily when doing a 12 month challenge last year so I'll probably look to still keep this on the shorter side of things (unless I have a change of heart or develop a grand new plan).

With that in mind, I'll keep this going until I hit the 500 game target and see where I go from there - I'm certainly still enjoying the MTT grind so would be continuing with that either way.

I've had a really slow finish to the month volume wise but it's been good to chill a little and I'll look to pick up the pace in earnest come July. Not sure if I'll be on tomorrow and I only played 3 tonight so I'll add those into the next proper update.

Thanks again all.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Day 20-21.

I played a tiny 3 game session on Saturday (which hardly warranted its own update) before taking Sunday off and getting back down to business in a more substantial fashion on Monday.

There was nothing too exciting to note and it's to starting to feel like I'm treading water slightly from a profit perspective. The tiny session on Saturday actually went pretty well with 2 FT's made from 3 games, but most of that profit got donated back tonight. Still, I can't grumble too much and I'm only £34 off the peak profit level of the challenge, so it's not as if I have some kind of hole I feel I need to dig myself out of... well, not yet at least!

I might have to tap up @MynaFrett for some coaching - he's been making @MattBates look like a complete novice over the past few weeks :).

MTT's played: 272
    Profit/Loss: +£1,204.69
  • Options

...I might have to tap up @MynaFrett for some coaching - he's been making @MattBates look like a complete novice over the past few weeks :).

:D