You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

gr0wapear's gr0wabankroll challenge (£7.73 to £100 in 5 weeks)

gr0wapeargr0wapear Member Posts: 93
Hi all, I recently had to withdraw most of my funds from Sky due to poor finances, so I left myself with £7.73 and thought I'd challenge myself to get to £100 by the end of the month.

How will I do it? I will play micro DYM games to get 100 points per week - that will give me a £2.3 tournament token to be used on DYM low variance games and, more importantly, I will have access to 40 £1k freerolls in June. I am hoping for some deep runs in these in order to get this challenge complete by the end of the month. Technically I started this past week, so overall it will be 5 weeks during which I am aiming to get to £100.

Week one recap:

Profited around £1 from the DYM games and then around the same from the £20 Freerolls, had two cashes of £0.23 and £0.66, respectively. I just finished another one of thee freerolls, came second for £3.69

End of week 1, bankroll is sitting at £13.31

Will try to update daily, depending on volume and activities.

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,451

Good luck Mr Gr0wapear.

PS - Love that alias.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Good luck Mr Gr0wapear.

PS - Love that alias.

Haha, thank you :smiley:
  • Options
    Nothing too exciting to report on, played 20 dym games last night and was up around 60p, also bricked both of the £1k freeroll

bankroll at £13.92 and £2.3 tournament ticket
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Best of luck with this
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Best of luck with this

thanks, I recognise your name, I think we tried to qualify for Las Vegas, may have played the £430 final together - did you make it?

Today was a bit meh - stone cold bubbled a small freeroll, with TT < K2. Dym wise things were bad today, quite tired to play properly though, to be fair. I got mincashes in both the £1k freerolls so bankroll is currently at £14.83 + £2.3 ticket
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    Good luck with this.

Looking forward to the updates
  • Options
    Thank you @TheEdge949

Today will be a quiet day, just playing the 6:30 Sunday ticket freeroll, 7:30 Rewards freeroll and the 8:30 extra freeroll. Going to a local pub to play a £20 live tournament, and have the games open on my phone lol
  • Options
    The first freeroll didn't go as planned, I called a shove on 2345A rainbow board on river with 64, when villain had 76, could not get away from the higher straight than on the board, then ran K4 into QQ for my last 4.5bb

Anyway we go again later
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    The second freeroll went a bit better, built a stack and managed to get in the money... Then, for some reason, my tables switched to the 8:30 freeroll, which I was actively sitting out as I could only play one on mobile, and I shoved any two cards to bust early before I could re-open the 7:30 freeroll.. lol

I lost an all in w/ AK Vs A6 for 130k stack, then got no action on my KK I'm the big blind and lost A9 Vs J4s for my last 3.5bb, I came 15th for a whopping £10. To be honest, I don't know if I played the ending well, was not aware of what the payjumps were, maybe I could have folded my way to a payjumps but it's unlikely

My live game went okay too, finished just outside the money, lost JJ vs AKs for a decent stack very near the bubble, have been losing all my flips there :(

bankroll: £24.83 (+£2.3 tournament ticket)

also wow, apologies for the huge screenshot, uploaded and posted straight from my phone
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    gr0wapear said:

MattBates said:

Best of luck with this

thanks, I recognise your name, I think we tried to qualify for Las Vegas, may have played the £430 final together - did you make it?

Today was a bit meh - stone cold bubbled a small freeroll, with TT < K2. Dym wise things were bad today, quite tired to play properly though, to be fair. I got mincashes in both the £1k freerolls so bankroll is currently at £14.83 + £2.3 ticket
    No, I didn't make Vegas this year.
  • Options
    Hopefully we both make it next time @MattBates

Played an early morning £20 freeroll, whilst getting ready for work, got quite lucky to ladder up as much as I did, even though I was pretty card dead

Bankroll £26.93 + £2.3 tournament token

Today I'll play the two freerolls, at 7:30 and 8:30 and then 20 Dym sngs
  • Options
    KerrnalKerrnal Member Posts: 132
    I admire your discipline I would probably be doing 5 pound dyms and blow my br by now! Good luck with this.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    4x the roll already :o well done. Looks like you'll do this comfortably. What's the plan for once you've made the £100?

gl
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    Great start, be careful though, youll be accused of being one of the "favoured players".
    Although you must be already as the withdrawal doom switch obviously hasnt been activated on your account.

In all seriousness keep going, Im enjoying the diary
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Kerrnal said:

I admire your discipline I would probably be doing 5 pound dyms and blow my br by now! Good luck with this.

I am doing my best to just make it work in these freerolls, will need one super deep run in them to make it work I think.Odds of me having 7 more £10+ cashes are slim to be fair. Might take more risks towards the end of the month, if I am still below the £100 mark
    MynaFrett said:

4x the roll already :o well done. Looks like you'll do this comfortably. What's the plan for once you've made the £100?

gl

Hey, thank you, it's going well so far! When I reach £100 I will play £1 and £2 MTTs and DYM sit and gos most likely. Will try not to withdraw any money from the account and let the roll get built.

Thank you :)

Great start, be careful though, youll be accused of being one of the "favoured players".
    Although you must be already as the withdrawal doom switch obviously hasnt been activated on your account.

In all seriousness keep going, Im enjoying the diary

Thank you, haha I don;t think I've been favoured on any site. I truly think if I can complete this challenge, everyone could, given there are 40 £1k freerolls this month, this is why I thought it was doable.

• Options

This is fabulous @gr0wapear , keep it up.

I'll try & find the thread later, but a few years ago, a chap named @GaryQQQ went from £0 to £1,000, starting with freerolls.

Would love to see you succeed, poker is not all about the Big Potatoes.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    thank you @Tikay10

today was a decent day on the tables too - came 69th in the second freeroll for £2 and used my £2.3 token in a regular speed DYM which I won. Felt bad for villain I knocked out as I flopped trip 2s from the BB when he limped AA and then got it in on the flop, there was a shorter stack than both of us but we had to go for it

as some of you know, the available balance can take a bit of time to refresh after an sng finishes so it didn't include the cash itself.

so, the bankroll is now at £33.33 which is ironic, since it's exactly a 1/3 of the way to £100 and about that in terms of length of the challenge
  • Options

Brilliant. Keep it going.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited June 2019
    Nice work keep it up.

Any plans to start playing the nightly micro now? It's only 55p or are you sticking with the DYM route?