You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

gr0wapear's gr0wabankroll challenge (£7.73 to £100 in 5 weeks)

Comments

• Options
    gr0wapeargr0wapear Member Posts: 93
    waller02 said:

Nice work keep it up.

Any plans to start playing the nightly micro now? It's only 55p or are you sticking with the DYM route?

Yes, i played it last night but punted off my stack in an unnecessary fashion - got it in with AK vs AK vs JJ, where the BB woke up with the jacks. Not the best day, my bankroll went down a bit

Currently: £32.42 + £2.3 tournament token
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Good Morning Mr.Pr.
    Well done on a few levels, firstly having the mental strength to play and cash in the free rolls., and having set a target going the right way, I really hope you succeed with this.
    Great thread.
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Good Morning Mr.Pr.
    Well done on a few levels, firstly having the mental strength to play and cash in the free rolls., and having set a target going the right way, I really hope you succeed with this.
    Great thread.

Thank you,

there hasn't been much to report on, bricked both of the big freerolls a bit short of the money yesterday and was not able to grind DYM games last night.

Bankroll:

£32.43 + £2.3 ticket.
  • Options
    Had a deepish run in the second £1k freeroll, finished 66th after running A2s into 77 button vs SB, so a bit meh, cashed for £2 for my efforts

played 20 DYM games as well and largely broke even in it

Bankroll: £34.32 + £2.3 token

• Options
    not much action last night, just played the two freerolls, lost with AQ vs KT for a good stack going towards the bubble in the first one and finished 55th in the second one, for a £2 cash

Bankroll: £36.32 + £2.3 token
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Was a bit premature with the update, played a £20 freeroll while getting ready for work and managed to do alright in it. For the first time, I decided to put the add on my stack, for £0.50 but I'm not sure if it was a +EV move, I prefer to straight up freeroll these.

Initially I ran pretty well, won an all in with 99 > QQ , and then QQ > AJ on A high flop, where villain called from BB and donk shoved flop, I didn't believe he had an ace and called him. Once in the money, I got a decent stack, was chipleader for a bit but the structure is such that the blinds change things from hand to hand.

While in final table, I got a walk with AA when there were three stacks on life support and massive stack to my right, that could have put pressure on me with an all in. Made it to heads up and again, I got a walk with a monster, this time QQ, and ultimately ended up losing A2 < KT, I would have been monster stack had I won that. Oh well, another addition to the bankroll, £2.91 profit in this one

Current bankroll : £39.23 + £2.3 tournament ticket
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    And another report, came second again in this £20 freeroll, back to back 2nd placed :neutral: always the bridesmaid and all that. Lost a coinflip for all the marbles heads up, finished 3x 2nd and 3rd once over the last two weeks in these freerolls :(

bankroll: £42.44 + £2.3 ticket
  • Options
    step7step7 Member Posts: 298
    You've got to be in with a shout now to get there, good luck with the challenge!
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    Really hope you can pull this off.
  • Options
    Bust both of the freerolls today without any returns, and mincashed in the nightly micro for £1.1, after losing AA < 84o bvb for 6bb......
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Another good luck...
  • Options
    Thank you @Glenelg

wow, what a mess of a session. So I hadn't grinded out any DYM games and I only had 21 points going into today. Was busy with work and other commitments so I only sat down to play at 9:11pm tonight, and I started 8 tabling the £0.28 DYMs, points and results wise these went okay then, naturally, after 11pm most people were in bed so I couldnt open as many tables, so I started playing a £2.2, a £3.3 and two £5.5 turbo dyms... at around 10 mins to midnight I still needed 11 points and I tried to hurry the action without losing too much value. I missed the 12pm deadline, inexcusable and only myself to blame, 100 points per week is really easy to get.

Best thing was, I was on the bubble of the £5.5 dym game, with one clear short stack and myself in a comfortable position, when my laptop shut down. I had ignored the low battery messages a bit too long. Rush to get it charged, started and logged in.... To my relief, I had cashed. Never going this far outside the bankroll again.

Current bankroll: £45.74

Goals for the coming week:

I'm happy that the DYM streak promotion is on, I will take part in that for sure. I will play the £1.1s only for the first week anyway. Will carry on grinding small freerolls as well, those have been fortunate so far. Volume goals: 500 £1.1 games this week, turbo primarily.

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,361
    Good morning MR G_a_P. , good luck with this.

There is a daily free fun competition that starts Today , Monday , it runs for a week you could win entry to to a higher buy in tournie. Theres not much effort involved either.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    Thank you for letting me know about that @mumsie

I haven't been playing a lot over this week so far, will try to fit in some hours over the weekend. Came 62nd or something in a freeroll the other night for £4 and last night I mincashed for £1.

Had a fun run in the freeroll tonight until the last hand... button shoves for 2k, at blinds 300/600 (i think), SB calls and I shove over the top with 99 for 6.5k and SB called with T4s and managed to get two pair with his hand, just before the money

bankroll £50.74
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    edited June 2019
    You realise that when you complete this challenge we shall require a John Connor style
    gr0wapears ultimate guide to micro success

Keep it up and gl

Mark

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,431

"wow, what a mess of a session. So I hadn't grinded out any DYM games and I only had 21 points going into today. Was busy with work and other commitments so I only sat down to play at 9:11pm tonight, and I started 8 tabling the £0.28 DYMs, points and results wise these went okay then, naturally, after 11pm most people were in bed so I couldnt open as many tables, so I started playing a £2.2, a £3.3 and two £5.5 turbo dyms... at around 10 mins to midnight I still needed 11 points and I tried to hurry the action without losing too much value. I missed the 12pm deadline, inexcusable and only myself to blame, 100 points per week is really easy to get.

Best thing was, I was on the bubble of the £5.5 dym game, with one clear short stack and myself in a comfortable position, when my laptop shut down. I had ignored the low battery messages a bit too long. Rush to get it charged, started and logged in.... To my relief, I had cashed. Never going this far outside the bankroll again."

I was on the edge of my seat reading that, WP, WP.

bankroll £50.74

It's amazing how quickly you have got to £50. Probably best to swerve those £5.50 Turbo DYM's though. ;)
  • Options

You realise that when you complete this challenge we shall require a John Connor style

Keep it up and gl

Mark

haha, maybe if I manage to complete the challenge I will do that, yes :smiley:
    Tikay10 said:

"wow, what a mess of a session. So I hadn't grinded out any DYM games and I only had 21 points going into today. Was busy with work and other commitments so I only sat down to play at 9:11pm tonight, and I started 8 tabling the £0.28 DYMs, points and results wise these went okay then, naturally, after 11pm most people were in bed so I couldnt open as many tables, so I started playing a £2.2, a £3.3 and two £5.5 turbo dyms... at around 10 mins to midnight I still needed 11 points and I tried to hurry the action without losing too much value. I missed the 12pm deadline, inexcusable and only myself to blame, 100 points per week is really easy to get.

Best thing was, I was on the bubble of the £5.5 dym game, with one clear short stack and myself in a comfortable position, when my laptop shut down. I had ignored the low battery messages a bit too long. Rush to get it charged, started and logged in.... To my relief, I had cashed. Never going this far outside the bankroll again."

bankroll £50.74

It's amazing how quickly you have got to £50. Probably best to swerve those £5.50 Turbo DYM's though. ;)

played some more turbo £5.5s last night, went a bit more smoothly than the previous sunday, went 2/3 in them and in the third one I lost a massive pot as a 55% favourite for almost guaranteed cash.

To be honest this last week, I wasn't really on it, I did play some freerolls but definitely put my foot off the gas pedal. The lack of motivation, added to the fact that I was a bit tired from doing a 14 day water only fast, made it a slow week last week.

this week I'll put in the real DYM volume for the DYM streak promo

current bankroll: £57.01 + £2.3 token
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited June 2019
    gr0wapear said:

Keep it up and gl

Mark

haha, maybe if I manage to complete the challenge I will do that, yes :smiley:
    Tikay10 said:

bankroll £50.74

played some more turbo £5.5s last night, went a bit more smoothly than the previous sunday, went 2/3 in them and in the third one I lost a massive pot as a 55% favourite for almost guaranteed cash.

To be honest this last week, I wasn't really on it, I did play some freerolls but definitely put my foot off the gas pedal. The lack of motivation, added to the fact that I was a bit tired from doing a 14 day water only fast, made it a slow week last week.

this week I'll put in the real DYM volume for the DYM streak promo

current bankroll: £57.01 + £2.3 token
    That can't be healthy, surely. Were you taking vitamin supplements? How did you not faint!

That 14 day water fast is worth a blog in it's own right haha, it must be torture!
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    "That can't be healthy, surely. Were you taking vitamin supplements? How did you not faint!

That 14 day water fast is worth a blog in it's own right haha, it must be torture!"

I've done a few water fasts so far, - a 4 day, 2x 10 days and 11 days previously, so I knew what to expect largely. Human bodies are wonderful things, we are designed to use glucose as the primary source of fuel but, in a famine or a similar state, we can adapt to using fat as the source of energy. Not too many other species on the planet can do that, from what I remember.

I took some potassium, some fish oil etc, but not too much as my stomach was largely empty for the last 2 weeks bar the water I was having, which was at most 2 pints a day. After 4-5 days the body actually stops being hungry and just resorts to its own fat storages for energy... so the difficult parts were more mental than anything else. I have felt worse on other fasts actually, this was the best one to date in terms of how I felt. So many factors go into how the body will react, going into a fast. Levels of exercise, sleep and quality of sleep, caffeine intake and dependence, alcohol intake, stress levels and so on.

I did it primarily for weight loss, I dropped 22.5 pounds in that time, plenty more where that came from lol. I might do a whole month later this year, for charity. @waller02

Pokerwise, had some DYM games, bang on breakeven with them and then cashed in the first freeroll for £2 and bubbled the second one, losing QQ vs ATo vs 77.... that would have been a juicy pot to win going into the money.

Bankroll is £59.01 + £2.3 token

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    edited June 2019
    I can't go 14 minutes without thinking about my next meal. I googled water fasting and there are some interesting stories, it's not something I could ever consider trying, it must be tough! The first meal after the fast must be so satisfying. If you do end up doing a month for charity then let us know and I'll be happy to donate to your charity of choice