You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

gr0wapear's gr0wabankroll challenge (£7.73 to £100 in 5 weeks)

Comments

• Options
    gr0wapeargr0wapear Member Posts: 93
    Yes,most people are like that @waller02, myself included on most days. I stumbled into the fasting world as it were, by just trying to not eat for 4 days and then began researching into it. I already had done 3 weeks of very strict ketogenic diet so I knew that the body can survive largely on fats. Yes, the chicken soup I had tasted amazing lol but then I had one pickle and the taste was so sour it was unreal hahaha

Thank you for the interest, I am thinking about what months will be easy to do and so on, August seems like a good one. I have visited India a few times in the past and would love to do a charity that helps people over there - either for women's issues or for drinking water in villages.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430

Fascinated by the water fasting & ketogenic stuff, more of the same please.

Bill Bryson, perhaps my favourite author, has a new book out in October, "THE BODY: A Guide for Occupants", which should be a cracking read. As you note earlier, our bodies are a thing of wonder.

Well done on (almost) £60, too.
  • Options

@gr0wapear

oioi.....

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/community/forums#/discussion/175970/streak-week-two-day-two-standings/p1?new=1

The very best of luck mate, some decent money to be won in this, could make a huge difference to your challenge.
  • Options
    @Tikay10 yes, things escalated on the DYM front :wink:

I came 32nd in the second £1k freeroll last night too,for £10.

current bankroll: £74.40 + £2.3 token

• Options
    successfully used my 2.3 token, to finish ITM in a £2.2 DON,

current bankroll: £78.40
  • Options

current bankroll: £82.40
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    So, the week and challenge itself came to a close. I initially ran quite well during the DYM streak week, I was leading after two or three days, with 11 games won in a row. Ironically enough this was from the first 25 games that I played in the week and I was fairly confident that I'd finish in the top 5 with it, so my volume suffered towards the tail end of the week.

Friday I was out so there were no games played, on Saturday I was out the whole day too, only managed to squeeze in some games on the Sunday. My streak was still on but I lost the first game I played, so I just ground out enough games for 100 points and a £2.3 token. Had I finished 5th in the DYM streak week for £1.1s and got the token, that would have got me just above the £100 mark.

congrats to everyone, especially @gpc70, you must have put in some mad volume towards the end of the week.

I attempted to make a graph of all of the results that I had over the 5 weeks, and this graph is more or less accurate:

Final bankroll:

+ £2.3 tournament token.

Final thoughts: Thank you for all of the support over these weeks, you lot kept me motivated to grind, even though I did mess up along the way - missed out on 5 £1k freerolls due to not getting my 100 points in the week on time, that was demoralising but then I ran really well in that second week of the DYM streak promo.
  • Options

Really enjoyed that @gr0wapear, thank you.

Fine effort too.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited July 2019
    Great effort. Well played.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Very well done on completing this - patience and perseverance personified :)
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Wpwp! Well played sticking at it!
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Well played just goes to show where patience, determination and a good discipline can get you
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,361
    You came saw and conquered.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Discipline rewarded. Wp, great effort
  • Options
    hey all, thank you for the positive vibes and comments, again :smile:

I will carry on grinding this wee roll, see where it will take me. Long-term goals - have the roll to around £1000 by the end of the year, and slowly but surely start becoming more of an MTT grinder.

For the past week, I played some games - cashed for £4, £2 and £4 in the £1k freeroll, and had a deep run in the Sunday Major freeroll where I called off A9o for 10bb, BU vs my BB and villain had AK, that cost me half my stack and then lost T8s vs A2o for the rest in the next hand, BvB. Finished around 15th in that, was a bit tilted.

I did get around 200 points last week, for the golden ticket promo, but I have not got any returns from that yet. On Saturday, I played a live game, for £30 + £10 buyin, £5 included, and I ended up shipping the tourney for £265, that was a lot of fun, ran and played well.

Update for today, my DYM grind was a bit frustrating, bubbled a lot of games, not played my best game, if I'm honest. Came 15th in the £1k freeroll, for £10, and that was the daysaver, as bankroll took a hit.

Current bankroll: £111.99

Goals for July:

Double bankroll to £200+
    750+ DYM games at regular speed, £2.2s and £3.3s

• Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,012
    Well done.

Good luck with your goals. They look sensible and achievable.
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    Congratulations on shipping that live tournament, well done on a deep run in the freeroll tonight and good luck with the goals for July.
  • Options

Chopping an MTT, best fun ever.

Were there any arguments when the negotiations started? There's usually a chorus of "I want" & when you add all the "I want's" up its about double the prize pool.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Were there any arguments when the negotiations started? There's usually a chorus of "I want" & when you add all the "I want's" up its about double the prize pool.

@Tikay10 no chopping this time, I was 6:1 chipleader heads-up so just played for the win :smile:

The structure was quite slow too, if the blinds were insane and we were short-stacked I may have considered some sort of split, taking into account the stacks, of course.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,012
    Tikay10 said:

Correct.

Things haven't changed since way back when you used to cash, Tony ;)