You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

400 QUID

13»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,619
    edited June 2019
    Thread temporarily closed whilst I sort a few things out.

Thread now re-opened.
  • Options

OP has received a 7 day Ban for persistent abuse, & been warned that further abuse will result in a 3 month ban, followed by a permanent ban if necessary.

It's your Forum guys, & we all need to behave responsibly if we want to keep the Forum, &, perhaps, persuade our new owners that it's worth keeping.

Several senior Forum Members have written to me suggesting the fella was going too far, & then, today, the Suits suggested to me it was all a bit much, so that's that.

Personally, I thought most regular Forum users had the fella sussed & just thought it was funny, & I'm of that view too, but we have to draw a line somewhere.

In a way, it's a bit like the Referee stepping in during a one sided boxing match, where one of the boxers is getting a right pasting. Sometimes you have to step in for their own good, to save them further punishment. He was certainly getting beat up, & deservedly so, but it's a little unpleasant to see someone being so totally owned.

I expect the Usual Suspects will say we are Ban-Happy, & it's all so unfair. It's never good to ban folks, but sometimes it has to be done. So that's the third person (& 4th Account) banned this year.

Let's hope there are no more.
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,044
    Tikay10 said:

OP has received a 7 day Ban for persistent abuse, & been warned that further abuse will result in a 3 month ban, followed by a permanent ban if necessary.

It's your Forum guys, & we all need to behave responsibly if we want to keep the Forum, &, perhaps, persuade our new owners that it's worth keeping.

Several senior Forum Members have written to me suggesting the fella was going too far, & then, today, the Suits suggested to me it was all a bit much, so that's that.

Personally, I thought most regular Forum users had the fella sussed & just thought it was funny, & I'm of that view too, but we have to draw a line somewhere.

In a way, it's a bit like the Referee stepping in during a one sided boxing match, where one of the boxers is getting a right pasting. Sometimes you have to step in for their own good, to save them further punishment. He was certainly getting beat up, & deservedly so, but it's a little unpleasant to see someone being so totally owned.

I expect the Usual Suspects will say we are Ban-Happy, & it's all so unfair. It's never good to ban folks, but sometimes it has to be done. So that's the third person (& 4th Account) banned this year.

Let's hope there are no more.

That's all very well but where's the "100 fcknquid "..?
  • Options

@lucy4

Disappeared, out of the blue, apparently. Except it didn't.

• Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,554
    om mani padme hum
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,191
    Seriously guys I was never trying to get Mr Zen banned. I was merely engaging in a battle of wit and banter which admittedly i felt might provide the occassional moment of hilarity.

Mr Zen don't know if you can still read posts but if you can just let me say nothing was personal and i will be the first to welcome you back to the forum.

be happy
  • Options

Seriously guys I was never trying to get Mr Zen banned. I was merely engaging in a battle of wit and banter which admittedly i felt might provide the occassional moment of hilarity.

Mr Zen don't know if you can still read posts but if you can just let me say nothing was personal and i will be the first to welcome you back to the forum.

be happy

There was never any suggestion of that Mark. He was just pushing it too far.

Hopefully when he returns he'll be a little more reasoned & sensible.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    edited June 2019
    waller02 said:

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN ? GET THEFCK OFF MY THREAD FATHEAD

I'm starting to think that you might not actually be a Zen Buddhist......can't quite put my finger on it but I've definitely got my doubts.
    Tikay10 said:

be happy

There was never any suggestion of that Mark. He was just pushing it too far.

Hopefully when he returns he'll be a little more reasoned & sensible.
    I doubt it.
  • Options

Welcome back @zenbudhist

How about we keep it cool this time?

Have some bants by all means, but less of the gratuitous insults & profanities.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
  • Options
    zenbudhistzenbudhist Member Posts: 144
    do I look like a Michael Jackson fan?