You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    I’m completing on my house next week.
    Until our new house is ready i’m moving in with Melissa.

I don’t get paid until next Friday. I’ve looked at everything and with all the costs associated with moving etc i’m going to drop into my overdraft by just over £200
    I haven’t been in my overdraft for 20 years and i don’t particularly want to start now. I could bolster my current account with my savings but i don’t really want to do that. I want to use them for important stuff like new golf sticks and PS4 games for Harry. Also i’ve had my current car for over 6 months now and so i’m starting to get a little restless.

So, i’ve decided to do one of the challenge things.

I want to turn £37.11 into £250 by next Thursdays evening.
    I will probably fail but i’ll give it a go. Now i guess i should be playing 55p dyms to start with. But as you can probably guess i’m going to say absolute balls to that.
    I’ll be playing £3s and £5s mainly but will also happily throw in a £11. Possibly even a £22 if the line up is decent.
    Given this, it’s highly likely that my challenge won’t last much more than an hour but you never know.
    I’ll also be my usual lazy self so it’s unlikely that i’ll put much more than 2 hours in a night and if i do happen to win much then i’ll no doubt withdraw along the way as well.

We’ll start this evening
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,293

GL Grumps.
  • Options
    IVIysticalIVIystical Member Posts: 101
    Best of luck
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    Good luck
  • Options
    eon1961eon1961 Member Posts: 1,795
    Try PLO8
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Jac35 said:

I’m completing on my house next week.
    Until our new house is ready i’m moving in with Melissa.

I don’t get paid until next Friday. I’ve looked at everything and with all the costs associated with moving etc i’m going to drop into my overdraft by just over £200
    I haven’t been in my overdraft for 20 years and i don’t particularly want to start now. I could bolster my current account with my savings but i don’t really want to do that. I want to use them for important stuff like new golf sticks and PS4 games for Harry. Also i’ve had my current car for over 6 months now and so i’m starting to get a little restless.

So, i’ve decided to do one of the challenge things.

I want to turn £37.11 into £250 by next Thursdays evening.
    I will probably fail but i’ll give it a go. Now i guess i should be playing 55p dyms to start with. But as you can probably guess i’m going to say absolute balls to that.
    I’ll be playing £3s and £5s mainly but will also happily throw in a £11. Possibly even a £22 if the line up is decent.
    Given this, it’s highly likely that my challenge won’t last much more than an hour but you never know.
    I’ll also be my usual lazy self so it’s unlikely that i’ll put much more than 2 hours in a night and if i do happen to win much then i’ll no doubt withdraw along the way as well.

We’ll start this evening

wow^^^
    i've never been out of mine in all me working life and what's this saving thing ,savings :o

• Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    I presume you've exchanged then? If so congratulations, it shouldn't go wrong from here!

GL with your mini challenge, I'm sure you'll cruise it.
  • Options
    eon1961 said:

Try PLO8

You don’t want me to succeed I presume? :)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    So I’ve done a high volume evening at dyms
    I’ve played for a whole 1 hour and 18 minutes

We still have a bankroll!

It went ok
    Won the 2 £11s that ran in that time and a few others here and there

Bankroll is now £65.61

As an aside. It’s always been the same but the lower you play the more chat box shite you see.
    Eg in a £3 a player limped. He then bet 20 on all 3 streets and then called the river raise. He had Aces and lost to 96
    He then spent the next 5 minutes calling the other guy a fish 🙂

Ps
    Paw Patrol is no more.
    It’s all about Lego Ninjago these days
  • Options
    You don’t want me to succeed I presume? :)

Anything to boost the player pool & I would want you to be as successful as Wayne Rooney's Derby. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Cliffs - Challenge over

But it got worse

Things were looking up when I got an unexpected £300 to put into Sky on Friday.
    Bankroll of £365 was useful
    I’ve now played 28823 dyms on Sky and I doubt I’ve ever had a run like the last 3 days before. It’s been pretty brutal.

Head is just spinning and I haven’t a clue what I’m doing (you may well consider that this is always the case)

A number of beats that I won’t bore you with.
    Just one maybe
    Highlight so far is first hand if a £22 and opening aces. I got 3bet and I put the 4bet in which was flatted
    9 4 3 flop seemed ok. It wasn’t. He had 9 3

We now have £94.11 in the account which I plan to dust off later today

After that I’ll take a short break

As another elderly player just told me in a game, us donosaurs have been left behind

In other news I have to self isolate until Friday, Marvellous timing as I’m moving on Saturday. I was expecting it so at least it came when it did and completion can still go ahead on Monday

Was pretty rubbish having to miss Harry’s 7th birthday on Friday though. It wouldn’t have been much, I was just going to stand at the end of his Mums drive and watch him open his presents but that would have been at least something

Derby are still toss.

Slipped over yesterday in the garden absolutely twatted my knee on the ground. Surprised I didn’t break it

Grumpy Jacosaurus signing off

Gl all

• Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    Wow... i had just posted something on my blog about running bad and you go and trump me big time! Hope you run better soon...
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,293

Other than that, it's all going well though?

PS - The Harry beat is easily the worst. Tough times.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Other than that, it's all going well though?

PS - The Harry beat is easily the worst. Tough times.

Correct

It’s strange but you get used to it.
    FaceTime etc has just become the norm
  • Options
    Face Time is horrible.
    My Mother in Law is in a nursing home with late stage dementia & my Wife hasn't had any contact with her since last March.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,001
    QUICKFEET said:

Wow... i had just posted something on my blog about running bad and you go and trump me big time! Hope you run better soon...

With that knee?
  • Options
    eon1961 said:

Face Time is horrible.
    My Mother in Law is in a nursing home with late stage dementia & my Wife hasn't had any contact with her since last March.

I’m really sorry to hear that Eon
    It must awful for your wife
  • Options
    TY m8,it is an awful thing to see an intelligent woman lose most of their faculties.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Well the evening session has started well

Lost the 1st 4 £11s
    AK v KK was fine
    AK v A3 to be locked on the next, we chopped
    Lost 3 flips

Won a £5!!!

Was looking good in the next when Gregkdy shoved 1k at 200/400 with A rag and I had QQ. Standard from him obv. Also standard that he won. Next hand bvb I’m now short and shove A rag v him. He tanks to the last second and calls with 77 and wins. Gotta love a slowroll. It’s a mystery to me why no one likes him

Bust mini JJ v AA

One tabling now with £36 in account. At least the poker pain is nearly over

Had a fun hand just now in mega
    I opened QJdd on button and called the smallish 3bet from bb
    Qs 10d 9d seemed pretty good

J on turn not so good
    K on river not so good

I haven’t a clue how to play anymore

Edit
    End of bankroll getting ever closer fortunately
    £11bh We have A6 in bb and call the button raise.
    Flop A 6 9

We get it in. He has flush draw. Gg me

£3rebuy v have AKdd and get it in v QQ. Gg me

Oh lovely, just as I was writing that someone just called my shove with the next bullet with K10. We had JJ. Gg us

These are all pretty standard but it’d be nice to win one from time to time

Bankroll now £15.84 and we’re one tabling again 🙂
  • Options
    Seriously,grind the PLO8 dym tables,you will profit I'm sure