You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,573

A money-saving dog.
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited October 2021
    Tikay10 said:

A money-saving dog.

:)

I’m done now for the night
    Recovered last nights small loss but no streaks

Played an mtt and had a lovely chat with HappyNige

I made a pot size river bet with a flush and he called with 3rd pair and lost
    He called me a few names like ‘donkk’ but i’m sure it was all in jest and he’s charming normally
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Jac35 said:

Off to London in a couple of weeks to see Phantom.

Thanks for the mention, but I live in Lancashire (at the moment). Trying very hard to be at SPT Manchester so we may get to meet after all.
  • Options
    Well not too bad for the first week
    Played a lot by my recent standards. A whole 498 points this week :)

Dropped off the £11 leaderboard after being there all week but clung on on the £5 table for £20
    Finally got a streak going at £3s about 10.30 last night. Was a race against time and how to throw in some dirty turbos. Fortunately i won those and i got 2nd for £200

Not going to play now until Sunday and then i’ll start over again
  • Options
    Maybe a tad extreme but i do want to harm people who don’t acknowledge when you let them through in traffic
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Maybe a tad extreme but i do want to harm people who don’t acknowledge when you let them through in traffic

@Jac35

There's a thread called "Pet Hates" for that.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Jac35 said:

@Jac35

There's a thread called "Pet Hates" for that.
    Oops
    Just seen. Wondered where that post had gone. Was maybe a little tipsy

Put in the right place now :)
  • Options
    Gonna start streak week again now
    Although results look formidable so far
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    Jac35 said:

I remember a great Sean Lock stand up sketch where he said he loves 'just staring' at people as they let him through :D

Paula also wants to strangle every driver who doesn't acknowledge .... :D
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    Jac35 said:

Gonna start streak week again now
    Although results look formidable so far

I think you need to search for tables where @bongo69 is playing, he's so unlucky you're bound to get a good streak going ;):D
  • Options
    Gg streak week and this thread

Think my best streak has been about 2

Shoddy promo :)
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,168
    Jac35 said:

Gg streak week and this thread

Think my best streak has been about 2

Shoddy promo :)

You did better than me mate.....played 2 LOST both......Gave up :/
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Dym update

Hardly played. When i have i’ve been shoddy
    Mtts have been awful when i’ve played.

I’m more of a professor of the game now and it’s great to see the likes of @waller02 @bbMike @goldnballz and @Summers119 do so well under my tutelage
    I think the biggest thing they’ve learned from me is that having a strong mental game is so important:

Stuff update

Wedding in July.
    Very busy with that

Harry excited about being a Page Boy.
    We’re having the whole day at Makeney Hall,which is very close to us, as neither of us are religious.
    Honeymoon in Dubrovnik. Never been there and really looking forward to it.

Derby situation still not sorted although it does appear to be closer than at any other stage.
    If we’re still in existence i’ve got some good away days next season. Morecambe etc.

Golf is shocking so far this season.
    Got a game at Lindrick soon so hopefully will find form. I played Ganton last year which was really good. I’m led to believe that Lindrick is pretty similar

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Dog update

Brian is a lunatic
    Finally stopped chewing skirting boards (not Harry’s though)

Getting him ‘done’ in a couple of weeks so maybe that will calm him down

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,367
    Congratulations on the wedding and good luck.

An ex of mine had her dog done, it still tries to hump me when it sees me, I think hes gay.Good luck with that too. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    @Jac35

Sounds like life is going well Paul, great to hear.

I happened to take a quick look at Horsley Lodge last Thursday. My, it's matured beautifully.

Also went to Morley Hayes (for Afternoon Tea - very good it was too ) & I see they now have two courses.

It really gave me the itch to try & play again, so I've found my golf clubs & plan to get me a bag of balls at the Morley Hayes Driving Range, if only to confirm my golf days are behind me. It so excited me to see beautiful golf courses again, but I fear it's too late now.

• Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Hi Paul

Great to see you posting, looks like life is treating you well , long may that continue.
    Wish we could have a dog, they complete a family ( congrats on the upcoming wedding)
    Harry looks so grown up now, kids at his age are great, pity about teenage ( and the rest) years.
    Hope to see you in Vegas sometime 😊
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Congratulations on the wedding and good luck.

An ex of mine had her dog done, it still tries to hump me when it sees me, I think hes gay.Good luck with that too. :)

Cheers
    My dogs bisexual
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Sounds like life is going well Paul, great to hear.

I happened to take a quick look at Horsley Lodge last Thursday. My, it's matured beautifully.

Also went to Morley Hayes (for Afternoon Tea - very good it was too ) & I see they now have two courses.

It really gave me the itch to try & play again, so I've found my golf clubs & plan to get me a bag of balls at the Morley Hayes Driving Range, if only to confirm my golf days are behind me. It so excited me to see beautiful golf courses again, but I fear it's too late now.

Just don’t take a close look at the greens
    They lost them over the winter

Dean Hibbert is a great pro at Morley. He used to be at Horsley. Have a word with him and you’ll be tip-top in no time
    He does Seniors discounts too
  • Options
    tomgoodun said:

Hi Paul

Great to see you posting, looks like life is treating you well , long may that continue.
    Wish we could have a dog, they complete a family ( congrats on the upcoming wedding)
    Harry looks so grown up now, kids at his age are great, pity about teenage ( and the rest) years.
    Hope to see you in Vegas sometime 😊

Cheers Tom. Hope all is well with you
    Noticed you bubbled a vegas sat the other day :(
    Keep going. I know you’ve got decent form in Vegas after qualifying through Sats ;)