You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

Comments

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    edited July 2023
    Tikay10 said:

Any golfer that wears shorts on the Course should obviously be snap-banned.

Can't imagine anyone here would disagree with that.

(Am prepared to make an exception for Rory & DJ).

I wear shorts as much as I can, when you've got pins like mine it makes sense to flaunt them
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    HENDRIK62 said:

Tikay10 said:

Any golfer that wears shorts on the Course should obviously be snap-banned.

Can't imagine anyone here would disagree with that.

(Am prepared to make an exception for Rory & DJ).

I wear shorts as much as I can, when you've got pins like mine it makes sense to flaunt them

True story
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163

Me on a 1st tee somewhere abroad 13 years ago. B)

Obviously aiming down the left for a 'Soft-Fade' ;)
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    MISTY4ME said:

I have quite a strange set up where I stand mega-open but somehow hit most shots with a draw, not really sure how it happens! I've tried to square up my stance but feels like I'm aiming miles right and I block everything! :D
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Just a heads up...a golfer from my neck of the woods has just qualified for the open..hes an amatuer who has won everything in ayrshire....Michael Stewart's the name....small bets only..
  • Options
    Glenelg said:

Just a heads up...a golfer from my neck of the woods has just qualified for the open..hes an amatuer who has won everything in ayrshire....Michael Stewart's the name....small bets only..

From Troon, isn't he? Think he played Walker Cup, has he not had a bash at turning pro?
  • Options
    We did a win to sort out the shoddy start to the month.
    Poker is a great game ;)

• Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited July 2023

MISTY4ME said:

I have quite a strange set up where I stand mega-open but somehow hit most shots with a draw, not really sure how it happens! I've tried to square up my stance but feels like I'm aiming miles right and I block everything! :D
    Probably down to the 'Super-Strong Grip' ....... normally aiming that far left and drawing it, you'd be finishing round the back of the Clubhouse :D

......but as long as it works for you.......stick with what you know :)
  • Options
    MISTY4ME said:

MISTY4ME said:

Probably down to the 'Super-Strong Grip' ....... normally aiming that far left and drawing it, you'd be finishing round the back of the Clubhouse :D

......but as long as it works for you.......stick with what you know :)
    Currently off 3 and have been <5 for 25 years so it must kind of work, haha!
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    edited July 2023

Glenelg said:

From Troon, isn't he? Think he played Walker Cup, has he not had a bash at turning pro?
    Great player, been a little in the wilderness lately (not amateur, been professional for a few years now), played in Walker Cup years ago
    really nice guy too, hope he does well
  • Options
    Mostly playing mtts at the moment. My volume is lower than it’s ever been but that’s fine as i’m actually enjoying playing for the first time in years. Things have gone reasonably well but i must be the worst heads up player in the world this year. Lots of 2nds which affect profits considerably.
    Thought i was in with a shout in the 9@9 last night when 3 handed. KK v 33 for a huge chiplead heads up went the wrong way and i bust the next hand.
    I’ve just had a look and i’m just under £2400 up for the year so far which is pretty mediocre but decent enough considering how
    much i play. I barely get enough for £2.20 tokens each week.
    Had a week in Wales which was good Beautiful place.
    Mighty Rams are back on track now and are obv gonna win the league.
    Played a course that’s 5 minutes from home on Thursday. I’d forgotten how nice it is. Breadsall Moorland course
    Was going to play today but i’ve pulled something in my back and it’s hurts like fck.
    Enjoying the new car. Not enjoying public charging though. Finally get my home charger next Monday. That’ll save a few quid
  • Options
    Due a rant

Poker is toss

Bust every mtt in stupid fashion

9@9 guy decides to 4bet shove A5 v me for 95bbs
    Gg me

3 rebuy lunatic wins about 4 million hands v me pre add on with shitte. I admitted defeat before add on period as i already needed about 2nd place to get my money back

Megatwat was going well. 2/24
    I lose with QQ v KT when i hit my set on river all in pre v short stack
    I lose QQ v KQ all in pre
    On bubble i flop a set bvb v KT guy. Set doesn’t win and it’s gg

I hate poker
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    In other news
    Mighty Rams beat horrible Peterborough who we always lose to.

I have bad knees

I now have glasses. I’m not a fan. I can now see what i look like when i look in the mirror. I’ve aged.

l now have an electric charger. It’s a lot lot cheaper

Tried a Greek restaurant for first time in my life last night. Will go back
  • Options
    Driver for sale

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

@Jac35

Bad round?

I've played the Priory Course again today. Was OK & poo in equal measure.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Bad round?

It wasn't great :)

I went to the range before the round and it seemed ok. Ball striking was dreadful on the c
    Tikay10 said:

@Jac35

Bad round?

I’ve played better :)
    Actually drove well but irons were a shocker

I definitely need another steroid injection
    I can hardly walk this evening

At least i didn’t raise with AA in 9@9 and get flatted by bb who then open shoved a J 9 7 flop with 75 and turned a 5. Oh wait….
  • Options
    Just arrived at Sherwood Forest. Really looking forward to it. The weather forecast appears to be getting better so hopefully we’ll be ok.
    The view from the first tee looks both wonderful and daunting. It’s only stroke 12 on the card so I have a feeling this will be tough.
    I had a knock last night. Drove well but that was about it. Had some good company which included a poker legend who was pretty handy at the game.
    Right. Off to hit some wedges on the range

Oh yeah. Poker is a wankerr right now. You may have deduced that it’s not going well currently 😀

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,264

Sherwood looks brutally tough.

handy at the game might be gilding the lily a touch too much. But thank you, great company, tremendous fun & I was very grateful for the invite. Really enjoyed the Course immensely even though I tired badly on the back 9. Very playable, not easy, but less hard than Morley or either of the two Breadsall Priory tracks.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Sherwood looks brutally tough.

handy at the game might be gilding the lily a touch too much. But thank you, great company, tremendous fun & I was very grateful for the invite. Really enjoyed the Course immensely even though I tired badly on the back 9. Very playable, not easy, but less hard than Morley or either of the two Breadsall Priory tracks.

Interesting
    I find it tougher than those 3 as it’s so tight off the tees