You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Golf and stuff

1606162636466»

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Sherwood was brutally tough but a fabulous course.
    Heather lining the fairways meant accuracy was at a premium. However with most of the Par 3s well over 400 yards you still needed to get it out there.
    As a pair we managed a respectable 2 under. I was in and out but there’s always something that makes you come back with golf. I parred the last 3 holes, 2 of which were shot holes for net birdies.

The winner was the most unpopular golfer i’ve ever known.
    I played with him 5 years ago when he was a 2 handicapper. He is now off 18!
    Going up 16 shots seems to have worked out quite well for him as he wins every open he enters. His partner does the same thing and they got 53 points! Believe me when i say that should be just about impossible.
    46 would probably be about the standard amount to win these things.
    He’s been kicked out of numerous clubs but it’s a very difficult process.
    Reputation means more to most people ahead of wining £150 every so often in an Open but not this guy. He threatens all
    kind of legal actions when challenged.

At Horsley he’d shoot 90 in a regular comp but also make a couple of 2s in that to win some money.
    Then in a Major he’d be round in 72 and clean up.
    ****!.

Turn
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    edited September 2023
    'Heather lining the fairways meant accuracy was at a premium. However with most of the Par 3s well over 400 yards you still needed to get it out there.'

Jesus, what were the par 4's like?
  • Options
    Enut said:

'Heather lining the fairways meant accuracy was at a premium. However with most of the Par 3s well over 400 yards you still needed to get it out there.'

Ha
    May have been a typo. 😀

How are you Paul?
    Still considering building a golf course on your land?
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Enut said:

Ha
    May have been a typo. 😀

How are you Paul?
    Still considering building a golf course on your land?

All good here, working too hard but I'm planning to retire in a couple of years so the golf thing is starting to appeal. I last played a round over 30 years ago, but it's relatively easy compared to tennis, isn't it? :D
    I did actually hit a few balls at the Vegas, Sky, Top Golf thingy five or so years ago and was amazed at how quickly it sort of came back, but then they don't have trees, ponds and rough to interfere with your enjoyment at Top Golf!
    I enjoyed reading about your round with Tikay, I bet that was a great way to spend an afternoon.
  • Options
    Sent you a PM on another matter!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213
    Jac35 said:

Tikay10 said:

Sherwood looks brutally tough.

handy at the game might be gilding the lily a touch too much. But thank you, great company, tremendous fun & I was very grateful for the invite. Really enjoyed the Course immensely even though I tired badly on the back 9. Very playable, not easy, but less hard than Morley or either of the two Breadsall Priory tracks.

Interesting
    I find it tougher than those 3 as it’s so tight off the tees
    Well that's because you hit your drives so far. For me, being so short off the tee, there's more margin for error.
  • Options
  • Options
    Up to a 14 streak at £5s
    Ridiculous beat by @gregkdy82 to end it. I can really see why he’s so unpopular :)

Got to 8 in £3s before losing with aces for 4th consecutive time this evening. I think it’s all probably rigged

Taking a beating in mtts currently so i’d really appreciate it if nobody went crazy at £5s please

£1s and £2s are unbeatable. I take my hat off to anyone who can get more than a 3 streak at them
    Turbos are still evil

Prime Hydration is also evil. 9 year olds like Prime. £10 for a rare flavour? Fuuk off!

Managed to get Friday and Saturday off work. Wife is away with her Mum. Good luck Brian getting a walk whilst the Ryder Cup is on :)

Have fun all
  • Options

Ahh, don't be so cruel to Brian.

GL with that streak in the £5ers.
  • Options
    Welease Bwian!

How can you not take Brian out for multiple walks per day? He's adorable.

Well done on the 14 streak, I played a dozen or so last night and started with 6 in a row at the £5s, decided to play one more and that was the end of that. I did see @johnmonty get his aces cracked by KQ though, that's a rare event.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,633
    Brian is a very naughty boy :p
  • Options
    The golf was wonderful today
    To win the afternoon session was even more impressive than the morning in some ways

Won some money at streak week
    Makes me about breakeven for the week after trying and failing to beat £1 and £2 turbos ;)
  • Options

Most fetching
    Disagree though. Definitely shouldn’t be shorts on tour
  • Options
    Going to play a little tonight, Probs just 3-4 mtts.
    Haven’t played since, I think, last Friday.

I used to get 10k points a month a few times a year and certainly a minimum of 7k. I rarely get to 200 points in a month these days.
    I wondered with the seasons changing and dark nights if I’d play more but it’s not happened.

Derby decided on Tuesday night it might be better just to concentrate on the league. Although I was already pretty confident that we’d stay up this year.

Saw yesterday that there’s going to be a 3rd series of Welcome to Wrexham 😀
    Absolutely loved it.
  • Options
    Spike4000Spike4000 Member Posts: 278
    hate wrexham with a passion hahaha
  • Options
    Only played 2 mtts in the end and a dym
    Lost the dym KQ v AK
    That's not supposed to happen!

JJ v K3 just short of money in mini, all in pre, K on river

KQ v KJ heads up in mega, gg me.

I think that's conclusive evidence that something is amiss

But nevermind, £62 up is ok i guess.

@goldnballz called me names as well.
    Ban please

gg, gn :)
  • Options
    Shoddy game
    GG account balance :(

Quit or redeposit?
    As i've quit poker 843 times so far it will probs end up with a deposit :)