You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Rearender's Double the Bankroll or Bust (£100) Going on to £500 hopefully

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Nice results last night, well played
  • Options
    rearenderrearender Member Posts: 151
    What a difference a day makes.

Only 8.15 and out of 2out of 3 tournaments when my money was in good both times and the 4 and 2 outer hit on the river in both games.
    Micro had 66s called pre flop raise hit the 6 high flop, he raised I re-raised he pushed I called my trip 6s v qs q hit on river.
    Deepstack - Flopped top two, got to turn I raised he re-raised I pushed he called for a 4 outer and again hit on river.
    8pm BH Half stacked as I write this if the magic happens I will update this but wont hold my breath.

Have to call it for today, I didn't lose a lot today the BH was a token.

Start of Day - £108.76
    End of Day - £107.17
    Profit/Loss - Loss 1.59
  • Options
    rearender said:

What a difference a day makes.

Only 8.15 and out of 2out of 3 tournaments when my money was in good both times and the 4 and 2 outer hit on the river in both games.
    Micro had 66s called pre flop raise hit the 6 high flop, he raised I re-raised he pushed I called my trip 6s v qs q hit on river.
    Deepstack - Flopped top two, got to turn I raised he re-raised I pushed he called for a 4 outer and again hit on river.
    8pm BH Half stacked as I write this if the magic happens I will update this but wont hold my breath.

Have to call it for today, I didn't lose a lot today the BH was a token.

Start of Day - £108.76
    End of Day - £107.17
    Profit/Loss - Loss 1.59

update It was too early to call it a day so played mini, finished 24th unlucky again J-J v A-J and got caught with a 4 card flush, would have been top 10 and had a real FT chance. Anyway cashed for £6.77 and took £14.18 in heads so not all bad.

Start of Day - £108.76
    End of Day - £122.62
    Profit/Loss - Profit £13.86
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    was on the same table as u rear before my exit keep playing the same and u will smash ur challenge wp and gl
  • Options
    gpc70 said:

was on the same table as u rear before my exit keep playing the same and u will smash ur challenge wp and gl

Thank you @gpc70 means a lot, I enjoy a chat at the table if you ever see me again. Also I have had a nice start to the day. First time I have got to ft in a freebie saying that I did rebuy accidentally when I was typing and pressed enter.

Todays 2pm Freerole
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Mixed bag today.

Started off with a bang today.
    2pm Freerole
    I actually got knocked out and accidently bought in for 50p which angered me as I thought it was a waste of money. However I sat and tried so hard just hoping to get the 50p back which meant finishing 8th. 8th came and went and onto FT decent stacked got into first for last 4 then knocked out 2nd and 3rd at the same time putting me heads up about 7-1. Heads up took 3 hands for a £4.72 profit when I should have been out.
    Micro Played well at the start cant remember what happened (must have been a hard luck story) concentrating on getting back in the BH too much I think. £0.55 loss
    8pm BH started bad struggled for a long time less than half stacked before a treble up got me to starting stack before making a bad call J9 v J6. £2.20 loss
    21.15 Deepstack Less said about this the better didn't play 1 hand right and ended up pushing to A-A £2.20 loss
    21.45 BH Was a tough tourney this never got ay hands and when I did I kept getting pushed off by the large stacks on a wet flop. went out with 10s v Js vs 9s ( 9s won) £2.20 loss

Considering how bad my evening play was I am glad to be down so little.

Day start £122.62
    Day End £119.17
    Profit/Loss £3.45 Loss
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Started bad tonight wasn't playing well went on tilt in the Micro and couldn't shake it so I took a break came back for the 9.45 BH and it turned around until the Frozen tables.....
    But another Final table and a top 3 finish so cant complain about m play just about Sky for once :P.

Again took no heads before the cash (one day I will win it taking only the final head) actually at one point in the last 12 the 2 biggest chipstacks had exactly 0 heads between them.

Micro - £0.55 loss
    19.45 Deepy - £1.10 loss
    20.00 BH - £2.20 loss
    21.45 BH - 3rd £11.17 + £2.80 heads £11.77 Profit

Day start £119.17
    Day End £ 127.69
    Profit/Loss £8.52 Profit
  • Options
    Quiet day made some pence in the early Freerole but as for Friday Night business, I have my kids thought I would try the Freerole and see how it goes, I had no chance with those monsters. Had to give up and got them into "bed" at 9.30 so I could play the 9.45 BH £2.20. I knew they wouldn't go to sleep but did hope they would try to be quieter and pretend they are so I don't come through (thus giving me peace to play) alas it was not meant to be.

Started bad kids up and down for toilet, food, water, then I thought it was the breakout of WW3 but there was a spider in the room. Super dad to the rescue. Missed a lot of hands, played hands too fast I missed things. From about 10.45 they quietened down a bit got a double up then took a short stack head before the next break.
    Coming back I took 2 more heads but they were both short only had about 7k which was 5k less than everyone at my table. After a badly played pair of 7s where I probably could have been top 3 I was short with 19 left with 13 cash. I couldn't believe it I was last but other people kept going out and I got a walk into the money. I pushed with A-7 hit 2 pair but was called by 2 hands one of which was A-A and I was out.
    Cash £2.21 Heads 3 for £2.67 Total £2.68 Profit

Wont be around until Sunday as tomorrow I will be watching the Mighty Dons and then off for a much needed nacht oot.

Day start : £127.69
    Day End : £130.79
    Profit/Loss: £3.10 Profit
  • Options
    Good to see the bankroll heading in the right direction. Not sure I would describe the Dons as "mighty" though, but each to their own.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Good to see the bankroll heading in the right direction. Not sure I would describe the Dons as "mighty" though, but each to their own.

Firstly Cheers Waller was worried after the first few days but a wee tweak was all that was needed. However I decided against going out tonight but had a few and continuing to do so at home so I expect a step back tonight.

As for the Dons it is Aberdeen not Wimbledon that should clear it up and I think you will agree now realising your mistake it was The Mighty Dons.... 3-0
  • Options
    rearender said:

waller02 said:

Firstly Cheers Waller was worried after the first few days but a wee tweak was all that was needed. However I decided against going out tonight but had a few and continuing to do so at home so I expect a step back tonight.

As for the Dons it is Aberdeen not Wimbledon that should clear it up and I think you will agree now realising your mistake it was The Mighty Dons.... 3-0
    Unless we have gone back in time to the early 80s, I stand by my comment :)
  • Options
    Firstly @waller02 no offence but your an idiot :D The Mighty Dons are great although its not the 80s we are still MIGHTY... That being said get back to playing your poker is better than your football theories.

SO I played a little drunk tonight not overly.
    £1.10 Deepstack at 7.45 Worst I have played I think so I really concentrated on the other 2 I was in at the time. £1.10 loss
    £2.20 BH at 8pm After the first 20 mins in this I played really well, didn't take a head and came back from a v short stack, getting unlucky when I had 9-9 the flop was 347 there was an all in I called he had k-4, Guess what happened K on river. Had confidence in my game so registered for mini. £2.20 loss
    Mini £5.50 played really well down to 22nd had taken 3 heads then push with k-10 called by k-6 and the 6 comes on flop no 10. Cash £7.54 Heads £7.41 Profit £9.50
    After mini I was up enough for a free shot at the deepy plus I love a deepy £2.20 at 23.15 its now 23.55 registration is not closed and I want to go to bed. I need someone to play for me anyone in Aberdeen?
    As it stands and I don't think I will do anything in the deepstack if I do I will update.

Day start : £130.79
    Day End : £134.74
    Profit/Loss: £3.95 Profit
  • Options
    Today I thought I would try an early tourney. I tried the £1.10 rebuy at 11.15. Wow I don't think I am ready for that type of poker, I did rebuy once and that was enough. -£2.20
    8pm £2.20 BH, £1.10 Deep, 9.45 BH£2.20 all went wrong -£5.50 loss
    Micro - Not much better but min cashed for £.84 lol £.29 profit

Day start : £134.74
    Day End : £127.45
    Profit/Loss: £7.29 Loss

Overall proper bad day but have had a wee hangover. roll on tomorrow
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Tonight was the Triple Take Down,

TTD 1 : short stacking this one quite well got to 13th pushed with AJ looked u by KJ the K on the river and to rub it in 4 card flush too and out, so 13 points. Buy In £2 cash for £3.92
    TTD 2 : was 9th here and last ended up all in kq v 4-4 and I never hit. Buy in £1 Cash for £2.70
    TTD 3 : Started well took a head got some chips, took foot off gas everyone caught up as I was trying to survive in other games then before I knew it was in trouble finished about 25th not too sure. Buy in £2 Cash for 1 head £0.75

Day start : £127.45
    Day End : £129.82
    Profit/Loss: £2.37PROFIT
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,166
    Enjoying the diary mate keep it up and keep the balance north of £100.

Interesting to hear you are an Aberdeen fan. I went to Pittodrie when it opened as the first all seater stadium in Britain. I was a teenager on holiday in Banff with my parents. You played Spurs in a pre season game (they had just signed Ardilles and Villa) it was 50 pence to sit anywhere.

Think the score was 2-0.

Also watched Deveronvale V Macduff in the Banffshire derby and adopted Deveronvale as my Highland League team

Rungood.

Mark
  • Options

Interesting to hear you are an Aberdeen fan. I went to Pittodrie when it opened as the first all seater stadium in Britain. I was a teenager on holiday in Banff with my parents. You played Spurs in a pre season game (they had just signed Ardilles and Villa) it was 50 pence to sit anywhere.

Think the score was 2-0.

Also watched Deveronvale V Macduff in the Banffshire derby and adopted Deveronvale as my Highland League team

Rungood.

Mark

Hey Mark, Thank you for your kind words.

I wasn't around when Pittodrie was opened like that :) I do wish it was still 50p to sit anywhere. Cove was my Highland team but they are now in the second division so I have none.

Aberdeen are stagnant now I think McInnes has taken us as far as he can but I remember what it was like pre him so I don't know if I want him to go.

James
  • Options
    Played 3 Tourneys tonight but I really only paid attention to 1 I shouldn't have botered with the other 2.
    8pm £2.20 BH - Don't remember much about it played bad ignored it really was a just in case tournament. £2.20 loss
    Mini £5.50 (£5 token) never really got started I this and pushed witht the first hand I had which was q-q but was beat by something I cant remember what. £0.50 Loss
    Predator £33 (£30 token) Start was just plodding along then I raised with K-Q 2 callers flop Q-J-* turn was a K and River a Q, I got called all the way so the river I shoved he had J-Q I took a head and set myself up, took 4 more heads and got the cash. 2 hands after cash I was BB and SB pushed on me which happened a few times this time I had A-J unlucky for me he had A-Q. I got no help and went out. Probably shouldn't have called the push but the amount of times it happened I thought I was ahead. Good cash though
    5 x heads £65.40 and a cash for £38.30 total 103.70

Day start : £129.82
    Day End : £227.82
    Profit/Loss: £98 PROFIT

I have now completed my challenge, I am sorta lost in what to do now. Think I will try to aim for a bit more
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited September 2019
    rearender said:

Played 3 Tourneys tonight but I really only paid attention to 1 I shouldn't have botered with the other 2.
    8pm £2.20 BH - Don't remember much about it played bad ignored it really was a just in case tournament. £2.20 loss
    Mini £5.50 (£5 token) never really got started I this and pushed witht the first hand I had which was q-q but was beat by something I cant remember what. £0.50 Loss
    Predator £33 (£30 token) Start was just plodding along then I raised with K-Q 2 callers flop Q-J-* turn was a K and River a Q, I got called all the way so the river I shoved he had J-Q I took a head and set myself up, took 4 more heads and got the cash. 2 hands after cash I was BB and SB pushed on me which happened a few times this time I had A-J unlucky for me he had A-Q. I got no help and went out. Probably shouldn't have called the push but the amount of times it happened I thought I was ahead. Good cash though

I have now completed my challenge, I am sorta lost in what to do now. Think I will try to aim for a bit more

Great stuff
    Very well played

Without knowing the stack sizes it sounds ok
    Payouts are very flat at first as well

Ps what did you think Lowe last season?
    And is Shinnie any good? Haven’t seen him play yet
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,166
    rearender said:

Think the score was 2-0.

Rungood.

Mark

Hey Mark, Thank you for your kind words.

I wasn't around when Pittodrie was opened like that :) I do wish it was still 50p to sit anywhere. Cove was my Highland team but they are now in the second division so I have none.

Aberdeen are stagnant now I think McInnes has taken us as far as he can but I remember what it was like pre him so I don't know if I want him to go.

James
    Well we are so bad at the moment I understand Nathan Jones is considering buying a second hand submarine.

Apparantly there's 20,000 leagues under the sea and he's convinced his diamond formation will be successful in one of them.
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

rearender said:

Great stuff
    Very well played

Without knowing the stack sizes it sounds ok
    Payouts are very flat at first as well

Ps what did you think Lowe last season?
    And is Shinnie any good? Haven’t seen him play yet
    Hi @Jac35,

Firstly thanks, and the blinds I think were 1k and 2k I had 36k but if I didn't fold pre and he just raised to say 6k, there was an A on the flop so it would have been all in. The only way I was getting away was if I folded AJ pre and I couldn't against an aggressive small blind :)

As for Max Lowe would have him back in a heartbeat, good in defence and going forward, need to work on his crosses a little but defenders didn't like coming against him and rarely at fault or caught out of position for a goal all season.

Shinnie, might have rose tinted specs because he's a local boy 15 mins from me, but he's a good lad def championship level could probably do a good job for Burnley type of team too, good tackler, and protecter of the back 4, can play left back (actually what we bought hkm as) was our captain and team workhorse really, not the best on the ball but that's what the others were for.