You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Rearender's Double the Bankroll or Bust (£100) Going on to £500 hopefully

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Nice one, well played. Cruising toward the 500 mark. Keep it up mate.
  • Options
    rearenderrearender Member Posts: 151
    Tikay10 said:

Good grief.

Best ever day?

Well done bud.

Cheers @Tikay10 I think it was my or at least one of my best playing days getting to 3 out of 3 final 2 tables and I actually got unlucky not to make 3 out of 3 FT. All the decisions seemed easy and mostly right. Saying that a stopped clock is right twice a day hopefully it continues.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Nice one, well played. Cruising toward the 500 mark. Keep it up mate.

Thanks, trying to not get too carried away still a lot of hard work to be done, and the downswing that I will need to battle through. Enjoying it again after a few days of crying :P
  • Options
    engyengy Member Posts: 723
    Well played @rearender, great bankroll management and playing well, congrats on the results
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Well done. Stop wasting time on the Micro.
  • Options
    Mixed bag tonight, There was a point I thought I was making a big loss.
    7.45 Deepstack £1.10 done decent in this after a dodgy start, got all the way to the bubble quite short but not worried as I play short and am quite comfortable. I ended up going out on the bubble with 10-10 getting called by A-7 guess when the A hit, yes on the river f$8#ing Sky rigged. £1.10 Loss

8pm BH £2.20 didn't do great in this not getting a proper stack at any time and just fizzled out without any fight. £2.20 Loss

Mini £5.50 played ok in this think I got done by A-A seem to have ran into that a lot tonight and all times they held. however before they went I got 2 heads. Heads £3.76 £1.74 Loss

21.45 bh £2.20 done well in this after a horror start and being down to 500 chips, ended up getting to the FT and the final 4 had 10-J called a min raise, Flop was 8,9,10 he bet I pushed and he turned over A-A I still had outs but no 7 10 J or Q arrived and I went out. Heads 4 £2.82 Cash £8.89 Profit £9.51

Day Start - £363.81
    Day Finish - £366.42 lost a bit on DYMs
    Profit/Loss - £ 2.61 PROFIT what a miracle
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

Well done. Stop wasting time on the Micro.

Left out the Micro save a bit of hassle just wanted someone to agree it was a good move :)
  • Options
    engy said:

Well played @rearender, great bankroll management and playing well, congrats on the results

Thank you @engy it des help knowing people are reading, it keeps you motivated to keep playing and trying hard. First time I have ever tried to manage the roll, it seems to be working and not worrying about cashing just playing to get as high as possible in a tourney.
  • Options
    Had a bad weekend not poker ways life ways. Experienced the worst pain ever in toothache had no sleep on Sat or Sun getting if fixed today was the best feeling.

Also had to withdraw my role due to unforeseen circumstances but left as much in as I could, but its like I am starting again I don't know if I will be able to work it back up but I hope so. Maybe the first time was just fluke.

Looking on the positive side things cant get worse (apart from losing it all)

New Start after buying in todays TTD
    £80.54
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    rearender said:

Had a bad weekend not poker ways life ways. Experienced the worst pain ever in toothache had no sleep on Sat or Sun getting if fixed today was the best feeling.

Also had to withdraw my role due to unforeseen circumstances but left as much in as I could, but its like I am starting again I don't know if I will be able to work it back up but I hope so. Maybe the first time was just fluke.

Looking on the positive side things cant get worse (apart from losing it all)

New Start after buying in todays TTD
    £80.54

You've done it once and you can do it again. Just stay disciplined mate.
  • Options
    You've done it once and you can do it again. Just stay disciplined mate.

Cheers @waller02 sometimes life gets in the way I am not worrying about tonight's results I have a thumping headache but its my favourite night so couldn't pass it up. Starting tomorrow fresh hopefully and smash it...
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,381

@rearender

You'll be fine, I'm 100% sure.

Good luck.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,550
    Another good luck re...
  • Options
    engyengy Member Posts: 723
    good luck bud
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Played yesterday but ended up about even maybe a few pence down,
    Today I played the following
    Micro £.55 - played ok was called until the river in 2 big pots where they hit and ended up being too low that when I pushed with I think 66 2 callers and was out. £.55 Loss
    7.45 Deepstack £1.10 played this really well never really short and wasn't all in much at all, this was proper poker and really enjoyable even at this low buy in. To cash was 11 that came and went and made it to the FT in 5th out of 6, and that's where I finished. Going out with top pair flush draw v top pair better kicker, no flush came with the last 2 cards. Finished 5th £6.25Profit and a ft
    8pm BH £2.20 started well took an early had but because of a different tourney didn't concentrate on this and when I came back to it I was 34th out of 35. A nice treble up with K-K helped get me back in. was still extremely short but somehow made it to the bubble of 24 with a head. It didn't take long to cash and I thought my game would be over quick but I won a decent hand then bullied the big stack off a pot where an even shorter stack than me was all in and I took it down. Must have donked it all the way to the FT as I don't remember anything else but I took another head on FT. 2 stacks were V large then the rest of us and somehow I got to heads up with the big stacks fighting. Had 3 chances to win twice with AK v 33, once I even hit the A but a 3 hit on the flop too, the other I didn't hit, the last chance I had to win was with 9-9 v a-q and hit both the A and Q. Was a long good game. and I was second. Cash £35.59 Heads £3.16 Profit £36.55

Oh the 7pm Freerole £0 96 was my hand of the tournament twice giving me a big pot. don't remember too much hands now they have all mushed together. Was always high up in the leaderboard until the last 50 or so when I was mid pack, people started falling away around here fast and the last 2 tables was right there. I had never made more than £1 from the freerole was happy with £20. so opened my range and picked up a lot of pots putting me in top 4. Where I was until FT never got near first in this I don't think but did well and came in 2nd. £60 Profit
    9.45pm BH £2.20 Normal service resumed, early on flopped 2nd nut club flush, no other clubs came went out to nut flush arrrrgghh, £2.20 Loss

3 FT tonight 2 x 2nd places I cant complain really.. and even thought I decimated the BR its now looking decent again

Day Start - £80.54
    Day Finish - £184.19
    Profit/Loss - £103.65 Profit
  • Options

Oh my @rearender, that's a cracking night, very well done.

Bankroll back in a good place again too.

Top work bud.
  • Options
    Thanks @Tikay10,

Was worried after needing to withdraw that I wouldn't be able to get it back, but it all seems to be coming together at this level next aim is to take down the mini :wink:
  • Options
    Not a great night last night just couldn't seem to have my cards hold up and in 3 outta 4 tourneys I was outdrew on the river.
    The last one I had a decent amount of chips picked up AK, Flop comes ant there is an A on flop, a player pushed and I call he had A-A. That put me short blinds were 800 + 1600 had 6800 left. Couple of hands later pushed with A-10, the v loose big stack called I was pretty happy because he had been calling light all night. He turned over AK the happiness quickly left my body and I went out 1 before the bubble in the Deepstack.
    Apart from that game I got nowhere with the Micro again being a joke being called all the way to the river for a gutshot to hit not once but twice, need to re-evaluate how I play this tourney I think.
    The BH I took a head of someone who had lost all his chips bar the last few so got a £.075 return but this was the only cash I got back rom a £6.05 outlay.

Tonight is my treat night and I will be playing the mini I cant wait I think I will drop the Deepstack for tonight.

Day Start - £184.19
    Day Finish - £178.89
    Profit/Loss - £5. 30 Loss
  • Options

@rearender

GL in the Mini tonight bud.
  • Options
    Cheers @Tikay10 I'm all set up, for tonight.. Hydration check, Snacks check, distraction free zone check.