You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

what a questionable site

Comments

• Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    complete drivel
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,743
    Or a Banker 😉
  • Options
    The filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection by Lehman Brothers on September 15, 2008 remains the largest bankruptcy filing in U.S. history, with Lehman holding over US$600 billion in assets.
  • Options
    I’m confused
    To summarise- The “ good players” lose money, to drive them away from the site.
    The “ Bad players” win money to keep them on the site.
    When all the “ Good Players” leave, who wins then?

What category would you put Matt Bates, Loolololo, Miniman, Stayorgo, Waller, Itsover4u in?

There’s a few more winners like Jac I have failed to mention 😊
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,352
    tomgoodun said:

I’m confused

What category would you put Matt Bates, Loolololo, Miniman, Stayorgo, Waller, Itsover4u in?

@tomgoodun

It's worked! Traffic on the forum....TK's on 0.10p a post bonus so he was bored this afternoon and thought? hmm I'll call meself XXDREXELXX (which is probably roman for his age) and get it going? ;)
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,038

ALL POKER SITES ARE RIGGED
    ALL POKER SITES ARE RIGGED. …
    Let me explain why every single poker site out there is rigged. Imagine you hold a poker night in your home every week for you and 19 mates making 20 players call it a small tournament or sit and go, now of those 20 players 4 of them are very good players and 16 are recreational players or donks / fish !! I can guarantee that 9 weeks out of every 10 one of the 4 good players will win the tournament / sit and go because they are better players because they have applied skill and understanding of the game this is fact. So as the weeks and months go by what happens ? The 16 bad players slowly drop out one by one because they see the same 4 players winning every week, they drop out because they are wasting there time and money that’s fact as it’s human nature !! The poker sites apply the same theory they are not stupid. Let’s say hypothetically a poker site has 1 million customers and 10% of the players are of a high standard and 90% are donks / fish that equates to 900,000 bad players ! They are the overwhelming majority of the sites customer base, the poker site does not want these players to get bored to not win to stop depositing to stop playing so how does the poker site combat this potential problem ?? Simple they handicap each and every player based on how much they deposit the frequency of which they deposit if they are a winning player or losing player how much they win or lose how frequently they win or lose etc to put it in Lehman’s term if you are a good player your going to receive a mathematically impossible amount of bad beats to accommodate the bad players who receive a mathematically impossible amount of good beats to level the playing field thus keeping the majority (90%) of the customer base happy keeping them happy means they keep depositing which means the poker site drives more traffic and makes more rake. These poker sites don’t reward good players because they are the minority (10%) so when your sitting there as a good player wondering how you have lost your 24th flip on the bounce or you’ve just been runner runner’d or 3 outer’d for the 15th time in a day or rivered yet again just remember what I’ve said. You as a good player are designed to lose to keep the bad players (majority) happy because that’s more profitable for these low life sites

I've never seen @MattBates lose a flip so that's your theory out of the window, unless he's one of the 90% afterall.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,964
    edited February 2020
    The "it's rigged" post by XXDREXELXX was posted identically on 7 different threads.

It was also posted (identically) on TrustPilot yesterday in the "Sky Poker Reviews" section, and last month on Trustpilot in the "Ladbrokes Poker Reviews" section.

On this Forum, 6 of the 7 have now been deleted as well as Posts in reply to it which made no sense once the original was deleted.

The one on this thread has not been deleted though, as it seems to be consistent with the rest of the thread.

If the binge posting is repeated the poster will lose his posting rights, but let's hope it does not come to that.

The Poster was actually playing on the site this afternoon as it happens.

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,707
    Must be a bad player then, collecting all the money
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Hello. I am a bad player, can someone turn on the "mathematically impossible amount of good beats" switch on for me, please. Thanks.
  • Options
    glceudglceud Member Posts: 13
    tomgoodun said:

I’m confused

I am in no way suggesting poker is rigged but if the good players left and all the bad players remained there would be next to no money actually leaving the site as is currently the case with the good players withdrawing on a regular basis. So yes the site would win.
    Think my last withdrawal was 2012.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,653
    I often think Sky are like the KGB hunt me down and stab me with the Brolly under the Table to make me lose. cough!
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

The "it's rigged" post by XXDREXELXX was posted identically on 7 different threads.

It was also posted (identically) on TrustPilot yesterday in the "Sky Poker Reviews" section, and last month on Trustpilot in the "Ladbrokes Poker Reviews" section.

On this Forum, 6 of the 7 have now been deleted as well as Posts in reply to it which made no sense once the original was deleted.

The one on this thread has not been deleted though, as it seems to be consistent with the rest of the thread.

If the binge posting is repeated the poster will lose his posting rights, but let's hope it does not come to that.

I assume my diary was one of them as I had a notification but the post has disappeared?
  • Options
    ckdckd Member Posts: 1,386
    edited February 2020
    Tikay10 said:

trying to silence the truth hahahahaha.

if all poker is rigged then why do you make an account and play?

also if i deposit £50,000 a week does that mean i will win all the time as i am a high depositor, if so would anybody like to chip in to a fund to do this.. better rates than an isa.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 162,964
    waller02 said:

Tikay10 said:

I assume my diary was one of them as I had a notification but the post has disappeared?
    @waller02

Hi Ryan,

Yes, that's correct.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    glceud said:

tomgoodun said:

I’m confused

I am in no way suggesting poker is rigged but if the good players left and all the bad players remained there would be next to no money actually leaving the site as is currently the case with the good players withdrawing on a regular basis. So yes the site would win.
    Think my last withdrawal was 2012.
    Would the small losing/breakeven players not start doing better and start winning/win more as they would then be at the top of the tree?
  • Options
    XXDREXELXXXXDREXELXX Member Posts: 76
    Tomgoodun, your confused because your stupid but that’s ok some people are and you just happen to be one of them 👍 poker sites would want nothing more than the 10% of good players to leave the site and to just have a platform full of you donks left to play bingo poker, your still gonna deposit regardless, just means they don’t have to put up with ppl like me who want nothing more than to expose there scam 👍
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,519
    *bites tounge*
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Tomgoodun, your confused because your stupid but that’s ok some people are and you just happen to be one of them 👍 poker sites would want nothing more than the 10% of good players to leave the site and to just have a platform full of you donks left to play bingo poker, your still gonna deposit regardless, just means they don’t have to put up with ppl like me who want nothing more than to expose there scam 👍

If you're accusing somebody of being stupid then try to remember your primary school grammar lessons. You don't look so foolish then.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459

poker sites would want nothing more than the 10% of good players to leave the site and to just have a platform full of you donks left to play bingo poker, your still gonna deposit regardless, just means they don’t have to put up with ppl like me who want nothing more than to expose there scam 👍

Saw you playing the Mini Gold Rush last night. Should that be taken as tacit admission that you're bad at poker, since that's the only way playing on Sky would be +EV according to you? I think you busted out of the money, which definitely supports that theory.
  • Options
    XXDREXELXXXXDREXELXX Member Posts: 76