You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

gr0wapear 2020 Zero deposit challenge

Comments

• Options
    gr0wapeargr0wapear Member Posts: 93
    edited February 2020

gr0wapear said:

Update for the week, played 500 DYMs overall this week, with 395 over Friday-Sunday period, slightly less than break even I guess.

Bankroll £76.25 (including £5.01 rakeback payment).

Will be playing the Stack Builder freeroll, as well as a Live Poker game at my flat later on, will post if there is anything worthy of an update.

Showing a lot of heart for the Challenge! Good luck with it.
    Thank you :)
    DEL560 said:

Good to see the Bankroll is going northwards!

Nice speaking to you at the tables the other day. (Know it must be difficult when you are playing all those tables! 😂)

What is your target? Will you move up stakes, keep playing Turbo DYM'S?

GL

Yes, likewise, thank you for the kind words while playing the games. Haha, I was just about managing, had around 8 tables when we were chatting.

My target for the entire challenge is probably to make a 4 digit bankroll by the end of the year, with £1000 seeming achievable by then. It depends on another thing, I will see what promos Sky has for the Vegas tournament, I might put some of the roll towards that, either qualify via a satellite or via another promotion.

Games wise, DYM and MTTs depending on what kind of promotions are running, something like that most likely.

Bankroll at the moment:

£77.18 (+£2.3 token) EDIT: Cashed for £1 in the daily freeroll , so £78.18 plus the token.
  • Options
    Hi all, apologies for the lack of updates. It has been a crazy last few months with the virus and the whole lockdown. I am lucky that I am able to fully work from home so I am working standard office hours typically and have been playing some poker on the side, volume on Sky hasn't really been too high as of late, though.

Bankroll was as high as £94 but some bad runs in the miniops and some £2.2 and £3.3 got me back down to £70, before the start of the month.

I will be taking part in the Golden Ticket Giveaway promotion, it is one of my favourite promotions that Sky does, for the first week I did 5 x 100 points, so I'm in every draw :)

Bankroll: £76.21 (+2.3 token)

Good luck at the tables and stay safe!
  • Options
    Finishing the games for the 100 points was a grind since I had a terrible headache but I managed to get there in the end - I have been running rather well in the DYMs this week and the bankroll is creeping upwards, which is a good sign.

I had a really funny game the other day where I lasted 2 hands in a turbo DYM game, both of those hands being pocket aces. First hand I folded on the river, as the board got super scary and lost 200 chips in that hand. The second AA hand was heads-up on a J high flop, not too connected, where I got check-raised and I piled the chips in and he had JJ, of course :smiley:

Bankroll: £80.25 (+£2.3 token) (+£5.12 rewards payment for last week)
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,537
    28p 50p D.Y.M.s slow boat to China. gl
  • Options
    goldon said:

28p 50p D.Y.M.s slow boat to China. gl

thank you :)

Yes, the slow boat is on its voyage but the seas will be changed from DYMs to MTTs after May, for the most part.

Had a 2 and a half hour session yesterday, to get in the 100 points for the May Giveaway promotion, ran well though I did make some mistakes multitabling, like calling a 10bb shove with 42s for my entire stack....

Cashed in the £2.2 DYM from the token, too.

Bankroll: £92.20
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,119
    edited May 2020
    £100 bankroll hoves into view, good luck.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

£100 bankroll hoves into view, good luck.

Thank you, should've been there already but I got a wee bit lazy, going to play a lot of DYMs this month for the promotion, hopefully run good in that
  • Options
    Had a 2 and a bit hour session just now, went okay with some interesting spots, mostly 12-14 tabling. No cash in either of the 6pm or the 6:30pm freeroll.

Bankroll: £93.94
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,255
    Full steam ahead into three digit figures.

Good luck, just keep grinding.
  • Options

Full steam ahead into three digit figures.

Good luck, just keep grinding.

Thank you, if things go according to plan by the end of the week I should be at the promised £100 mark, oops I may have just jinxed myself :D
  • Options
    YouMadYouMad Member Posts: 60
    gr0wapear said:

goldon said:

like calling a 10bb shove with 42s for my entire stack....

:)
  • Options
    No cashes in either of the freerolls today but I ran quite well in the DYM games, did not play my best game, that's for sure!

Bankroll: £99.05 Otherwise known as "so close yet so far from that eluside £100 mark" :smiley:
  • Options
    Again no cashes in freerolls but I put in the 100 points for the promotion,

Bankroll: £105.70

• Options
    Sunday8pmSunday8pm Member Posts: 58
    You are amongst the very very small % of players who would be willing to grind out these micro stakes DYM's in a disciplined and controlled manner and that is by far the biggest skill you can have as a poker player. Great work.
  • Options

Well hello there £100.
  • Options
    Sunday8pm said:

You are amongst the very very small % of players who would be willing to grind out these micro stakes DYM's in a disciplined and controlled manner and that is by far the biggest skill you can have as a poker player. Great work.

Thank you for the kind words, I am trying to keep the volume up with the added incentive of the May giveaway promo and thankfully results have been good as of late.
    Tikay10 said:

Well hello there £100.

Today's games went okay, got a bit lucky, felt like I had AA quite a few times in today's session, even though I wasted one of them on a terrible call.

Managed to get in a spot on the bubble of one tourney, where I had 85% of the chips in play :smiley:

Points for the day:

Bankroll: £105.00

• Options
    Sunday's recap - played another 100 games where I ran probably the worst I have since I started the challenge. Kept running into tops of people's ranges, losing when ahead, losing AKo vs AKs, running KK into AA on bubble and so on...

Bankroll: £96.93 (+£6.04 rewards payment)

Thankfully, I'll still be above the £100 mark but just hoping for a bit of a better session today, if I end up playing at all, got quite tilted yesterday towards the end of my session last night and might be best of I take the day off and come back refreshed tomorrow.
  • Options

Ha, love that banknote saying hello to me.

Well played.
  • Options
    Daily update: No cash in either of the freerolls but the DYM session went better than the previous one, definitely picked up in card distribution and ran well in other spots.

Bankroll: £106.95
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    Played in both of the freerolls and cashed the 6:30 for £1 which is nice

Ran really hot in the DYM games, got 21% ROI over the 101 games I played today, which was welcomed after the way that the previous days had gone.

New personal best for most chips on the bubble also got broken today - 87.4% of the chips in play, here's a wee screenshot:

Even I wasn't going to balls up that position :smiley: (guy with the 5 chips ended up cashing, not bad)

Bankroll: £114.17