You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

gr0wapear 2020 Zero deposit challenge

1235»

Comments

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    gr0wapear said:

Thanks @Tikay10 and @thedazzman .... would have been even better but I just bubbled the Sunday Major freeroll after losing AQ < J4 blind vs blind where I had opponent outchipped.

FFs bubbled this freeroll twice in two months now, last time AJ < A4 and now this, who would have known that a freeroll could be THIS tilting.

Any tips on what I can sacrifice to the poker gods for some rungood?

...but you had your run good earlier ;)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Rstinson97Small blind300.00300.0013260.00
    MAXALLYBig blind600.00900.001352.50
    Your hole cards
    • Q
    gr0wapearAll-in2455.003355.000.00
    erko1119Fold
    BainoisredFold
    Monkey69Fold
    Rstinson97Fold
    MAXALLYAll-in1352.504707.500.00
    gr0wapearUnmatched bet502.504205.00502.50
    MAXALLYShow
    • Q
    gr0wapearShow
    • J
    Flop
    • J
    Turn
    • A
    River
    • K
    gr0wapearWinPair of Jacks4205.004707.50
  • Options
    gr0wapeargr0wapear Member Posts: 93
    @MAXALLY Equities of the two hands are not really comparable - I mean one is a 54% vs 46% hand with a lot of players left (~100?) and the other is a 64% vs 36% hand on the stone cold bubble....

Would not class me winning that earlier pot as running that well but I may be wrong lmao
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    ...but if you didnt win that earlier one (luckily) , you would not have been in a position to lose the later one (unluckily) .

Poker huh! .
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    JT beating Q5 is lucky?
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,255
    gr0wapear said:

Thanks @Tikay10 and @thedazzman .... would have been even better but I just bubbled the Sunday Major freeroll after losing AQ < J4 blind vs blind where I had opponent outchipped.

FFs bubbled this freeroll twice in two months now, last time AJ < A4 and now this, who would have known that a freeroll could be THIS tilting.

Any tips on what I can sacrifice to the poker gods for some rungood?

You could sacrifice one of the Sky is rigged brigade. If that doesn't appease the Poker Gods it should at least get you "Favoured Player" status.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,120

@gr0wapear

Freerolls don't have to be tilting though;

This was last night's Escalating Freeroll;

fastfood 1320000 1 £306.25
    hj11 0 2 £171.88
    LARSON7 0 3 £105
    gr0wapear 0 4 £80

Well done bud, £80 will do nicely.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,397
    Nice one @gr0wapear .

A brief Hand analysis discussion on a hand with 4 left in this freeroll here.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

@gr0wapear

Freerolls don't have to be tilting though;

This was last night's Escalating Freeroll;

fastfood 1320000 1 £306.25
    hj11 0 2 £171.88
    LARSON7 0 3 £105
    gr0wapear 0 4 £80

Well done bud, £80 will do nicely.

mumsie said:

Nice one @gr0wapear .

A brief Hand analysis discussion on a hand with 4 left in this freeroll here.

Thank you @Tikay10 and @mumsie

Yes, quite happy with the cash, it has taken me comfortably over the £300 mark so that is good, more of the same till the end of the month, hopefully :smiley:

I had a bunch of smaller cashes this week, 3 £10+ cashes as well, so it took me under a week to go from a £200+ bankroll to a £300+ one

Bankroll: £315.38

• Options
    June Recap:

Haven't been updating the blog a lot over the last week and a half or so, lost a bit of momentum with it, missed the Saturday and Sunday freerolls last week due to social commitments and a hangover. Overall, the month went well, with some good cashes in freerolls and the FTT tournaments on Mondays.

Notable cashes:

01/06/2020 - 2nd in FTT £2 (£28.26)
    15/06/2020 - 2nd in FTT £1 (£18.14)
    18/06/2020 - 4th in Escalating Freeroll (£80)
    £5 up on football betting, lost £10 on Liverpool vs Everton but won £15 on Spurs - West Ham

£0.28 Graph for the banter:

June Graph:

June profit: £174.7

In May and June I managed to double the roll both each month, it's good to see some momentum being gathered, I am somewhat optimistic about potentially hitting £1k by the end of the year.

The month could have been a bit better, too, but I can't complain.

We will see what July will bring, in terms of promotion, and that will dictate what games I'll focus on in the month.

Bankroll: £334.97
  • Options
    Nothing too notable has happened so far this month, until this cash:

Quite the wild ride, came in to the FT with a decent stack and then lost one player and it wrnt a bit back and forth from there, I ran quite well today, AJ > AKo twice vs the same player, then won with KQ vs AT and the final hand, got lucky that 33 > TT with a backdoor straight for the last player to bust.

I will see if I will play the tournament this week, might ask to be unregistered and registered into another week's tournament, was planning on visiting family over the weekend.
  • Options

@gr0wapear

Well done in last night's Rewards Freeroll, adding another £40 to the 'roll.

gr0wapear 0 3 £40

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

@gr0wapear

Well done in last night's Rewards Freeroll, adding another £40 to the 'roll.

gr0wapear 0 3 £40

Thank you sir, happy with the result, best so far in this freeroll though I've played it 200+ times by now :smiley:

• Options
    edited August 2020
    July Update:

During July my main focus was on the Eliminator freerolls as the promotion seemed good for the challenge. I really struggled with the format though, and as such did not place in the leaderboard a single time, despite playing most of the freerolls - I believe I missed 5 in total, over the whole month.

Still, I had some nice results in them, here are the highlights for the month:

£40 in £1,000 rewards freeroll
    £40 in Eliminator freeroll
    £30 in Eliminator freeroll
    £40 in Eliminator freeroll

Graph for July

Profit for July: £192.71

Graph since June

Bankroll: £529.48 + Sunday Major entry for today, from one of the freerolls

Goals for August:

I will try to take part in the Premiership promotion, will take week 1 to gauge what kind of chances I have of cashing in it and take it from there.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    @gr0wapear

Profit for July: £192.71

Bankroll: £529.48 + Sunday Major entry for today, from one of the freerolls

Amazing stuff Mr Pear, well done. GL in tonight's Major.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited August 2020
    Have just read your diary/challenge from start to finish this morning.

Great challenge, brilliant results and funny. Very enjoyable.

Thank you and get a cash in the freeroll tonight :)
  • Options
    Hello everyone, Happy New Year!

So obviously I have not been that good at keeping the updates going and motivation for the challenge overall was hot and cold at times.

I was hoping to hit £1000 at least by the end of 2020 but that did not happen due to low volume and getting unlucky in some promotions.

In December, under normal circumstances I would have played a lot every night for the promotion but have recently met a special someone so priorities have had to be changed now that I am no longer single. Still, I should have hit at least a grand before that so the challenge itself was a bit of a fail.

Here is the final graph for the challenge, starting from June until 31/12/2020:

Final 2020 bankroll: £741.59

Reflecting on the challenge, the biggest profit came from promotional freerolls where I had a few £50+ scores. Had I ran a little bit better in the tournament that I love to hate, the Sunday Major freeroll, I most likely would've hit my goal for the year. Bubbled the tournament 4 times in 2020 I think, and in one of the entries I had for the major itself lost a flip just short of the money so that would've been a good mincash for the challenge.

Ended up quite short in the end but now that I have this bankroll built up, hopefully in this year I'll be able to keep adding to it. Games that I will focus on will be DYMs and MTTs as usual

Thank you for everyone that ended up following and wishing me luck along the way, I will most likely make another challenge blog for 2021 and hopefully keep that updated more often during the year :)

• Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 935
    Good job on a profitable year, Mr Pear. It was an interesting and fun journey to follow.

Wishing you the best whatever your next challenge may be.
  • Options
    TheEdge75TheEdge75 Member Posts: 9
    Well done on a profitable grind Pear! Good playing with you, best of luck for 2021 mate.