You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

gr0wapear 2020 Zero deposit challenge

gr0wapeargr0wapear Member Posts: 93
edited January 2020 in Poker Chat
As the title would suggest, I will attempt to build a roll for some games on Sky without depositing. My real-life finances took a bit of a hit due to negligence on my part, so I withdrew the £130 I had on sky, leaving myself a juicy £0.0 to start the year. December was good in that I won £100 from the Daily draw promo,but that had to be withdrawn as well.

Some goals for the challenge would include building a roll till May and maybe going for Priority around that time, provided that all has gone according to plan so till then. Maybe a SPT stop as well? I had a big sweat last year, making it to the Vegas £430 final, off the back of a £1 tournament ticket so that kind of scratched an itch for getting into a tournament of the live variety, doubling up as a potential holiday.

Progress so far:

01/01/2020 - did the free spin bonus on Sky Vegas , won a £0.10 for a scratch card, used that and won £1
02/01/2020 - came 5th in the 06:45 freeroll this morning, for £1.44 after making a comeback from 1.5bb - ran JTs into QQ when 4bb stacked

Upcoming games:

Freeroll 7:30 tonight

Current roll: £2.44

Comments

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Glgl!! Your last challenge was fun to read, so looking forward to this one :)

@Tikay10 noticed there are a few of these challenges popping up in The Poker Clinic; reckon they would do better in Poker Chat with the others?
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,790
    Good luck!!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,430

Glgl!! Your last challenge was fun to read, so looking forward to this one :)

@Tikay10 noticed there are a few of these challenges popping up in The Poker Clinic; reckon they would do better in Poker Chat with the others?

Good idea, now implemented.

• Options
    gr0wapear said:

As the title would suggest, I will attempt to build a roll for some games on Sky without depositing. My real-life finances took a bit of a hit due to negligence on my part, so I withdrew the £130 I had on sky, leaving myself a juicy £0.0 to start the year. December was good in that I won £100 from the Daily draw promo,but that had to be withdrawn as well.

Some goals for the challenge would include building a roll till May and maybe going for Priority around that time, provided that all has gone according to plan so till then. Maybe a SPT stop as well? I had a big sweat last year, making it to the Vegas £430 final, off the back of a £1 tournament ticket so that kind of scratched an itch for getting into a tournament of the live variety, doubling up as a potential holiday.

Progress so far:

01/01/2020 - did the free spin bonus on Sky Vegas , won a £0.10 for a scratch card, used that and won £1
    02/01/2020 - came 5th in the 06:45 freeroll this morning, for £1.44 after making a comeback from 1.5bb - ran JTs into QQ when 4bb stacked

Upcoming games:

Freeroll 7:30 tonight

Current roll: £2.44

This could be fun, GL bud.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,171
    Good luck Mr Pear will follow with interest.
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Goodluck!
  • Options
    DEL560DEL560 Member Posts: 487
    Good Luck m8
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Gl gr0wapear i'm sure you'll do well
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind words all - looks like I'm running well in the challenge so far:

The free tokens and bonuses are the £2.3 tournament token from the weekly rewards and the other £11 is from the Tournament Tuesday social promotion - did not even know I had won one of these tokens until checking my account now.

Will have to decide what to do with the tokens - potentially a normal speed DYM is in order, for max chance of cashing, or perhaps an MTT punt for quickest possible progress - what are some good £11 mtts on here?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Given you are starting from scratch, an £11 token is monsta useful.

I can't really advise where best to use it, but VBOL with it.

Personally, I think I'd play a DYM for a chance to double it. Or, even lower variance, play a few lower buy-in DYM's, to spread the risk.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,501
    Swimming the Channel is easier than the Atlantic stay out of the 28p turbo's. gl
  • Options
    edrichedrich Member Posts: 1,899
    Morning @gr0wapear

You may know this already, but as any monetary loss at this early stage can be very damaging I'll remind you anyway.

The tokens don't give change, so make sure you use the £11 token for a game of no less than £11.

Unless things have changed recently, the tokens are in a set order. If your £2.30 token is next in line and you enter a £5.50 tournament, it will use both tokens with no change given. So best to check which one is first in line before you use them.

I too think an £11 regular speed DYM would be the best way to try to turn it into cash.
    Good luck with your challenge,
    Ed.

• Options
    I will go for regular DYMs with the tokens, think it makes most sense, will play them tomorrow.

Had a decent win on the spin promotion from Sky Vegas - £0.10 scratch card stake that resulted in:

Bankroll: £4.54
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Good luck
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Good luck with your challenge!
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Very nice indeed! Huge result for the challenge
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,359
    Awesome, turn this into £100+.

• Options
    DEL560DEL560 Member Posts: 487
    Nice work! Yeah 50pts/per week for Freeroll = £££
  • Options
    Hey, apologies for the delayed update - I did not manage was too lazy to get the 50 points needed last week, for the freerolls for last week, so i put in very little volume and made little progress on the challenge over last week.

I managed to get 100 points, for the freeroll entries and £2.3 token, will have to see how I use it this week.

I'm glad that there is a new promo for us SNG players, with the DYM streak weeks running this week and next. Last year, when I did a £7 > £100 challenge for a month, a good chunk of that came from this promotion.I ran really hot and managed a streak of 11 cashes in a row, from around 20 games.

I will be playing the £1.1s this week, as part of this promotion, predominantly the standard speed ones for better chance of cashing and less risk of ruin.

Current bankroll:

(+ £2.3 token)

See you all on the tables