You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

147 challenge

Comments

• Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886

Good work! I love those 1rs too tbf - see there's been another added in the mornings at 10.15 :)

Thanks @Angmar2626. I did see the rebuy added and seen you knock me out of it this morning - wpwp. They recently added another bounty hunter at 10am I see. It was getting pretty hectic for me at one point this morning. I'm not good at multi-tabling as it is, so to have two heads up games (both of which I lost) and a couple of other tables around the bubble, left my head spinning. Still, I managed to get over the line in one of the bounty hunters.
    Great results - smashing it! Enjoying the aggro play style - I don't remember having to 5bet bluff in 1rs before haha.

Yeah I noticed that 10am but like you, didn't have the table space for it. Tbf I sometimes flick in the 2.20 turbo thing if I've bust something else early so I could probably make room for it.
  • Options
    NoEa5yCa5hNoEa5yCa5h Member Posts: 609
    Good morning,

Week 4 Update - All three targets hit:

- Play at least 40 tournaments
    - Eat in an 8 hour period each day
    - Workout 5 times

As has been the case for the past few weeks, I lost one pound. At some point I will have to incorporate better meals as well as eating in an eight hour period in order to lose weight, but for now, it is working, I am sticking to it, and I feel better for it.

-1lb for the week (overall -5lbs)

Played 46 tournaments. One session down on last week, which was due to watching Villa sneak past Leicester one evening. Leicester were the better team over the two legs but we had a keeper in inspired form and a dubious penalty decision go our way. We will need more of the same if we are to land a glove on City but I suspect the record win of 5-0 in an EFL cup final getting surpassed is almost as likely.

Weekly result + £102.23 (overall +£594.65) - I think I managed one win this week in a morning bounty hunter. I topped the daily forum leaderboard last week, so I get a shot at Wednesday's main.

Question: Is there a way of finding chip stacks for all players at the table from hand histories? Quite sure I made a bad ICM play but couldn't see all chip stacks when I went to review it.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,250

@NoEa5yCa5h

Impressive stuff, well done. And if you can make that £33 Main Event freebie count it'll be all the better.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,537
    edited February 2020
    If you have the hand history ID put it in the hand history, but you know this.

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,707
    You can’t see the stacks in a HH if they just fold without putting anything in, but you could skip back through the previous hands to capture them if you were so inclined.
  • Options

@NoEa5yCa5h

Hi Mr Ca5h,

Don't forget you have Free Entry into tonight's Main Event.

It's all been sorted & you are in the Lobby.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=34253077&guid=0430b013-17e9-4396-b364-556be09c6171

I've flicked the BOOM switch for you, too.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

If you have the hand history ID put it in the hand history, but you know this.

Thanks mumsie
  • Options
    bbMike said:

You can’t see the stacks in a HH if they just fold without putting anything in, but you could skip back through the previous hands to capture them if you were so inclined.

Ah, yes. I'll try that. Thanks Mike.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@NoEa5yCa5h

Hi Mr Ca5h,

Don't forget you have Free Entry into tonight's Main Event.

It's all been sorted & you are in the Lobby.

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=go_tnmt_lobby&game_id=34253077&guid=0430b013-17e9-4396-b364-556be09c6171

I've flicked the BOOM switch for you, too.

Thanks for sorting that Tikay. I thought it may have flicked off, great to hear it's back on.
  • Options
    Good evening,

Week 5 Update.

I said in the opening post I would re-evaluate the short term targets after 5 weeks. As I'm either only just hitting them or just missing them, they seem about right for me atm. The plan is stay with the same targets for the next three weeks and at the start of March I'll have a think again. I may go for a mid-term target, such as a monthly target and do a monthly recap instead of the weekly one, as it is a bit samey.

Week 5 - 2/3 targets hit:

- Play at least 40 tournaments
    X Eat in an 8 hour period each day
    - Workout 5 times

6/7 days I eat within an 8 hour period. Change of working hours for the week made it more difficult.

-1lb for the week (overall -6lbs)

Played 44 tournaments. Having hit the dizzy heights of 52 tournaments in a week a fortnight ago, I'm down trending. @waller02 desktop thread had got me thinking about a new monitor and upping my table count but I soon remembered why I haven't done that already; I'm a terrible multi-tabler. I doubt it will get much better this week for either the weight loss or tournaments played with a couple of nights out for birthdays planned.

Weekly result +£208.97 (overall +£803.62) Got heads up in I think 5 tournaments, but only took one down.
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,579
    Just wanna say...still reading + keep it up.
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Glenelg said:

Big +1 to this, 95% of people who read your updates won't comment but probably enjoy them and look forward to the next one - so keep it up. Nice results
  • Options

Terrific progress there Mr Ca5H.

It's better to slightly miss a tough target then to beat an easy one.
  • Options
    Glenelg said:

Thanks Glen, appreciate that. I don't think you got back to me on why you're not a fan of eating in an 8 hour period?
  • Options

Glenelg said:

Big +1 to this, 95% of people who read your updates won't comment but probably enjoy them and look forward to the next one - so keep it up. Nice results
    Likewise ^^, your comment is much appreciated, kind foe.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Terrific progress there Mr Ca5H.

It's better to slightly miss a tough target then to beat an easy one.

Thanks Tikay.

The 40+ tournaments a week target will be quite lame even to some part-time players like myself. I typically play in a 3 hour period and while there are more tournaments I can register to in that period, I prefer to keep the table count lower, as I think my performance/results suffer if I go above 6 tournaments at any one time.

As I said, I'll have a think again and may change the target(s) at the beginning of March. I am open to suggestions if anyone has anything in mind, or has targets themselves which they think may be of interest to me.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    Yep another lurker here. Keep up the excellent progress
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Yep another lurker here. Keep up the excellent progress

Thanks Ryan.

It was your thread and a couple others like it which motivated me to make the thread. I could relate to the poker lull you described at the beginning.

Great to see you win the main the other night.
  • Options
    Hello all,

Week 6 update.

A rather lacklustre week.

Week 6 - 1/3 targets hit

X Play at least 40 tournaments
    X Eat in an 8 hour period each day
    - Workout 5 times

3/7 days I eat within an eight hour period. As I said last update, two planned nights out for birthdays meant I eat and drank far too much. One of the birthdays ended up being 2 nights of drinking and eating rubbish.

+2lbs for the week (overall -4lbs)

Played 29 tournaments. The down trend continues, and at an alarming rate. 52-46-44-29 tournaments played in the past 4 weeks. I don't think I am any less enthused to play than what I was at the start of the challenge and this is only week I've missed the 40+ tournaments target.

Weekly result +£63.39 (overall +£867.01) Managed to get a win from three tournaments I got heads up in. Also got 3rd place in the forum comp for a £5 tourney ticket, subject to VAR review.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    "Weekly result +£63.39 (overall +£867.01)"

Tough week but still a profitable one, well done. That's the one that matters.

I'll settle the Forum Comp in the morning, but you'll be fine I think as there have been no objections.

Let me know what night suits you best.