You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Operation Unicorn 2 - £50 freeroll + £33 main event ticket - Sign up in thread

PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
edited June 2020 in Poker Chat

So after the success of Operation Unicorn, I've decided to start Operation Unicorn 2 which is a harder challenge.

Again this will be opened up to anyone wishing to play along, but this time it actually involves YOU!.

It follows the simple format of 9 tournaments that I want to win before the end of the year.

I'll be keeping a track of my spends throughout the challenge and hopefully i'll be able to chalk off a number of the tournaments on my list.

Now how do you get involved? Simply post your interest in this thread and i'll add you to the list of participants. When you win a tournament listed you must take a screenshot of your victory and post it in this thread. It would also be good for players to sweat other plays making deep runs etc, so if your attempting to play one of the nine tournaments then also fire a post up in this thread. Keeps the thread ticking over when I'm not playing.

@DustoLucko won the Operation Unicorn 1 £50 freeroll which he turned into £210!!!! He's kindly donated the unicorn money back to the pot, so again there will be another £50 freeroll up for grabs. @Tikay10 has also thrown in a main event ticket for free!

The freeroll can be won in three ways;

1) You are the first to win all nine tournaments
2) I win all nine tournaments and you are in second place
3) at the end of the year whoever has won the most tournaments of the nine

In the event of a tie i'll come up with something exciting.

Here are the 9 TOURNAMENTS:

PARTICIPANTS

ME 0/9

@68Trebor 3/9
@NOSTRI 3/9

@Allan23 2/9
@Duesenberg 2/9
@Toffeeandy 2/9

@LARSON7 1/9
@Ironpump1 1/9
@waller02 1/9
@MAXALLY 1/9
@SJspanky1 1/9
@gregkdy82 1/9
@bbMike 1/9
@DEL560 1/9

@madprof 0/9
@Angmar2626 0/9
@mumsie 0/9
@coo1-um 0/9
@weecheez1 0/9
@jimb0d1 0/9
@ckd 0/9
@JBieber 0/9
@Enut 0/9

Comments

• Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943

Count me in, please.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2020
    In!

Nice graphic too :)

I'm willing to put in some money (tenner or something) so that the winner gets a hefty prize at the end, as it is quite a long competition - or is that against the spirit of it?
  • Options
    Ironpump1Ironpump1 Member Posts: 177
    7@7...... puke, but yeah i'll have a crack. what are these ftt games?
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Ironpump1 said:

7@7...... puke, but yeah i'll have a crack. what are these ftt games?

On a Mondry night there is the Forum Triple Takedown with 3 different tournaments
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    I'm in
  • Options
    Allan23 said:

In!

I'm willing to put in some money (tenner or something) so that the winner gets a hefty prize at the end, as it is quite a long competition - or is that against the spirit of it?

I'm happy for those wishing to put in tenner? But not sure if it should be compulsory. I wonder if we get 20 players or so whether @Tikay10 could search his giant bag of free entries and see if there are any spare floating around? ;)
  • Options
    Attempting game number 8 just now. First buy in. Find @Allan23 on my table straight away.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    @PKRPar Yeah this has a very informal feel, so happy to just do it where anyone can "donate" anything they want - a prize of £100+ hopefully achievable, should keep interest up :)
  • Options
    The stats

Tournament 8 played- £5.50 buy in
    cashed - £0
    bounties - £1.88

Total cost of operation unicorn 2: -£3.62

Flopped lower end straight, to be met with the player who flopped higher end straight, which crippled me and it was bye from there.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,299
    Count me in, please

Gl guys
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    In please gl all
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528
    In. looks fun....ish ;)
  • Options
    Angmar2626Angmar2626 Member Posts: 886
    Would rather play Twister in a heap of manure than play the express, but count me in all the same!
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Sounds like fun and torture in equal measure so count me in!
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    I don’t put in much volume but happy to jump in and support. GL all!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,502
    edited January 2020
    PKRPar said:

Allan23 said:

In!

I'm happy for those wishing to put in tenner? But not sure if it should be compulsory. I wonder if we get 20 players or so whether @Tikay10 could search his giant bag of free entries and see if there are any spare floating around? ;)

@PKRPar

Is a £33 Main Event entry any good? If so, BOOKED.

This should be fun. You really made it interesting last time, & it made a great thread.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    Why not, in please.
  • Options
    Attempting the £1000 £11 buy in bounty hunter. Started at 7.45pm. @68Trebor at my table
  • Options
    PKRPar said:

Attempting the £1000 £11 buy in bounty hunter. Started at 7.45pm. @68Trebor at my table

and out, took a risky spin, didn't pay off lol.

The stats

buyins - £16.50

cashed - £0
    bounties - £1.88

Total cost of operation unicorn 2: -£14.62

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    GL with this, should be a lot of fun. Is the plan to have the £33bh main including the 7.30 one on a Sunday? Probably good to have it clear to stop confusion!