You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Desktop PC

Comments

• Options
    1ali11ali1 Member Posts: 9
    Waller I don't have any lag issues at all just checked how many games I can fit and its 15 tables with no overlap 20 with a small overlap vertically and 24 with a bigger side overlap (all on mini table size)
    I am no geek but its all about the resolution of your monitor 1080p is no good for lots of tables I am running 2560x1440 and play between 6 and 8 games at a time or up to 12 if playing mtts on stars as well as sngs on sky you need to have a decent graphics card which my system has most all in one pcs and most of your pc world type machines have onboard graphics which would struggle to run a decent res monitor.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,021
    1ali1 said:

Waller I don't have any lag issues at all just checked how many games I can fit and its 15 tables with no overlap 20 with a small overlap vertically and 24 with a bigger side overlap (all on mini table size)
    I am no geek but its all about the resolution of your monitor 1080p is no good for lots of tables I am running 2560x1440 and play between 6 and 8 games at a time or up to 12 if playing mtts on stars as well as sngs on sky you need to have a decent graphics card which my system has most all in one pcs and most of your pc world type machines have onboard graphics which would struggle to run a decent res monitor.

Yeah. I'm going for your setup and decent 4k monitors. Cheers mate
  • Options
    1ali11ali1 Member Posts: 9
    waller02 said:

I'll have the setup by the end of the month, when no doubt I'll be back asking about screen resolutions etc. as I don't really know about that stuff either.

Yeah I got confused about resolution too thought if I buy a bigger monitor I could play more games but no if you can fit 9 tables on a 24 inch hd monitor then you can still only fit 9 games on a 32 inch hd monitor they will just be bigger tables lol.
    Normal hd is 1920x1080 my monitor can do 3840x2160 but I run it at 2560x1440 for most uses
  • Options
    1ali1 said:

waller02 said:

I'll have the setup by the end of the month, when no doubt I'll be back asking about screen resolutions etc. as I don't really know about that stuff either.

Yeah I got confused about resolution too thought if I buy a bigger monitor I could play more games but no if you can fit 9 tables on a 24 inch hd monitor then you can still only fit 9 games on a 32 inch hd monitor they will just be bigger tables lol.
    Normal hd is 1920x1080 my monitor can do 3840x2160 but I run it at 2560x1440 for most uses
    Can you use a wireless keyboard and mouse with the desktop? I'm ordering this afternoon
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,530
    Wireless mouse and keyboards come with their own receiver that will fit into a USB slot. If pc has a free USB slot then it will work.
  • Options

Wireless mouse and keyboards come with their own receiver that will fit into a USB slot. If pc has a free USB slot then it will work.

Nice one thanks. Ordering now. Just getting one 32" 4k Monitor for now with the view to adding a 2nd when I get used to it all.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,400
    Jealous not.
  • Options
    After thought.

If you get McAfee virus protection, look on Amazon or eBay , you'll get a deal for less than £10 that equals a McAfee +£90 protection.
  • Options
    mumsie said:

After thought.

If you get McAfee virus protection, look on Amazon or eBay , you'll get a deal for less than £10 that equals a McAfee +£90 protection.

I can use my existing subscription I think. It covers multiple devices, but if not then I'll have a look cheers.
  • Options
    Mcafee will do more harm than good as will any virus protection. Long gone are the days where Microsoft shirked the responsibility of protecting its windows users and win 10 as packaged will give any standard user the protection they need.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Mcafee will do more harm than good as will any virus protection. Long gone are the days where Microsoft shirked the responsibility of protecting its windows users and win 10 as packaged will give any standard user the protection they need.

I've noticed they are very sly. Auto renew was default for example, as I discovered when £90 was randomly taken from my account. I complained and they refunded me and renewed at a "discount" rate. Then when my next subscription was coming to an end they pestered me to renew at full rate before (surprise, surprise) offering me big discount again.
  • Options
    It's literally a scam and nothing more.
  • Options
    Red_KingRed_King Member Posts: 2,850

+1

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Envy-inducing thread.

I have a Lenovo all-in-one. I know very little about it! System info says Intel Core i5-4570S CPU @ 2.90GHz, 4GB RAM with Intel HD Graphics 4600. Has 23" screen at 1920x1080 resolution on which I can fit 12 Sky tables on mini view with minimal vertical overlap. Rarely have lag issues, though did on Friday until I had a chance to restart the machine. Stable internet/wi-fi adapter will play a part here too.

I've got an old 22" Samsung TV that I use as a second monitor, though it has a different resolution at 720p so only use this to put TV/Twitch/lobbies on.

Tempted to free up this PC for the family and get something new since the tech seems pretty cheap on reading this thread - particularly the monitors
  • Options
    Everything arrived today and I have connected the monitor to the desktop via the HDMI cable but nothing is happening? The monitor and pc are both switched on but there is no picture on the monitor??

I'm clueless haha
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    How do you know the monitor is on ?
    How many slots does yor graphic card have ?

@waller02
  • Options
    mumsie said:

How do you know the monitor is on ?
    How many slots does yor graphic card have ?

@waller02

Because I can go to the settings on it. I do just connect with the HDMI ports don't I? Is there something I'm missing here?
  • Options
    Does pc beep on boot? Is monitor plugged into the motherboard or the graphics card?
  • Options
    Im just asking questions to see what youve got, what youve done.

how do you know the monitor is on ?

Is it plugged in...is there a light saying its on ?
  • Options
    Yeah light is on on both pc and monitor. The fans are running on pc so assume it booted up. I have only found one HDMI port on pc so plugged it into there.

The quick start guide that came with monitor is useless