You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Corona = more traffic?

JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
Hi folks,

Not sure if there is a thread about this anywhere yet, but do we think the corona virus and lack of sports and thus sports betting will see a surge in online poker traffic to Skypoker?

Is it worth bumping the idea to marketing to see if they could do some sort of deposit bonus maybe (for existing customers too perhaps like ourselves!)? - I tried to sign someone up the other day (a friend, new player) but from what we could see the welcome bonus is only a tenner - is that correct? - If so, it is a bit stingey, if I am allowed to say so...

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Italy has seen an increase in online poker and I am sure this will be seen in UK online poker too. Very small sample size but going by tikays results thread guarantees have been well beaten last 2 nights.

Regarding deposit bonuses marketing will know if they are beneficial for the site. I would of thought the site will want to be getting more fun players on the site who will use all parts of the site rather than someone (most likely a winning player) who will put in mass volume to be clearing enough rake to clear a deposit bonus.

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

There has been a significant uptick in online poker traffic the last few days, both at Sky Poker & elsewhere.

Note also that many B & M Cardrooms are or will be temporarily closing soon - DTD will be closed as & from tomorrow until the Virus has run it's course, & over in Vegas, Wynn Poker Room closed yesterday. So that also drives poker traffic online.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

There has been a significant uptick in online poker traffic the last few days, both at Sky Poker & elsewhere.

Note also that many B & M Cardrooms are or will be temporarily closing soon - DTD will be closed as & from tomorrow until the Virus has run it's course, & over in Vegas, Wynn Poker Room closed yesterday. So that also drives poker traffic online.

Get onto the marketing boys and girls then Tikay!

Footballindex.co.uk just offered its customers an 8.25% deposit bonus!
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Why would they offer a deposit bonus where there is already an uplift in the numbers?
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

Sky Poker are taking a fairly low-key approach to acquisition & marketing until the site revamp takes place.

However, much of the increased traffic is cross sell from the rest of SB&G, so no benefit in changing sign-up bonuses anyway.
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Tikay10 said:

until the site revamp takes place

Is this related to the Stars acquisition or something specific to Sky Poker? Wasn't aware there was any new information about a revamp.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Insinuation that marketing teams should be jumping up and down cheering in times of such suffering is pretty grim.

Who’s signing up to football index with no games on the horizon for months?

Glad to see that DTD are sticking by its employees and paying their wages whilst the cardroom shuts down.
  • Options
    NOSTRI said:

Tikay10 said:

until the site revamp takes place

Is this related to the Stars acquisition or something specific to Sky Poker? Wasn't aware there was any new information about a revamp.
    @NOSTRI

There is no "new information" but at some point - probably later this year - there will be a site revamp, & this has been mentioned many times on the Forum.
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

There's a very good reason for that...

• Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,548
    Can't send Mr T out Marketing he's in the Vulnerable zone. Test all new Members. !
  • Options
    bbMike said:

Insinuation that marketing teams should be jumping up and down cheering in times of such suffering is pretty grim.

Who’s signing up to football index with no games on the horizon for months?

Glad to see that DTD are sticking by its employees and paying their wages whilst the cardroom shuts down.

Masses of people - because they have a media dividend so need for matches to be on to make money.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Why would they offer a deposit bonus where there is already an uplift in the numbers?

Because they could take a greater slice of the pie of ALL players coming back to poker on all sites, than they normally would.

If you're a returning or new poker player - would you come to sky for a welcome tenner, or to bet365 for 365 euros?
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Jacquelyn said:

Because they could take a greater slice of the pie of ALL players coming back to poker on all sites, than they normally would.

If you're a returning or new poker player - would you come to sky for a welcome tenner, or to bet365 for 365 euros?
    If I was a returning player then I'd return to the site I played on most.

If I was a new player then I'd sign up for as many sites as possible and take advantage of any offers.

Whats the requirements for that 365 Euro out of interest?
  • Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Tikay10 said:

There is no "new information" but at some point - probably later this year - there will be a site revamp, & this has been mentioned many times on the Forum.

Those posts seem to have passed me by. One more question that has likely already been answered, if you don't mind: is it a purely visual update or can we expect (hope for!) changes to the MTT schedule too? If there is a post with all this information already in it, can you link it?
  • Options

Jacquelyn said:

If I was a new player then I'd sign up for as many sites as possible and take advantage of any offers.

If you played on numerous sites, and are now working from home with all thats going on, ie you had an option, one would definitely return to a site that offered a returning customer bonus would they not? Hence if one site did put one on, that would be pretty cool and they would do well out of it (i would have thought).

I dont know what the requirements are, but whatever they are, they are more attractive than sky's current welcome bonus...
  • Options
    Also, for example, I personally dont have a bet365 account, many other sky poker customers wont either - it is quite tempting for me to sign up there before returning here.
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Ipoker is dogshite.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

Jacquelyn said:

@hhyftrftdr

I suspect the question was rhetorical, but here they are, below.

I cba to do the math, but one would need to rake an absolute shed load in 60 days to release the full bonus.

€365 bonus Full Terms and Conditions

The €365 bonus is redeemed in €2.50 instalments as you earn Status Points. The first two €2.50 are released when 25 and then 50 Status Points are accumulated. The following 24 instalments are redeemed for each 100 Status Points accumulated. All remaining instalments are redeemed for every 250 Status Points accumulated.

Status Points are accumulated at a rate of 10 for every €1 or £1 paid in rake and/or tournament fees.

There is no wagering requirement attached to the €365 bonus, and once redeemed, it can be withdrawn at your discretion. Any unredeemed part of your €365 bonus expires after 60 days.

• Options
    gregkdy82 said:

Ipoker is dogshite.

Bet365 is an i-Poker skin. But I think you knew that... ;)
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    edited March 2020
    Tikay10 said:

Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

Jacquelyn said:

@hhyftrftdr

I suspect the question was rhetorical, but here they are, below.

I cba to do the math, but one would need to rake an absolute shed load in 60 days to release the full bonus.

€365 bonus Full Terms and Conditions

The €365 bonus is redeemed in €2.50 instalments as you earn Status Points. The first two €2.50 are released when 25 and then 50 Status Points are accumulated. The following 24 instalments are redeemed for each 100 Status Points accumulated. All remaining instalments are redeemed for every 250 Status Points accumulated.

Status Points are accumulated at a rate of 10 for every €1 or £1 paid in rake and/or tournament fees.

There is no wagering requirement attached to the €365 bonus, and once redeemed, it can be withdrawn at your discretion. Any unredeemed part of your €365 bonus expires after 60 days.

To get the 365 euros, would need to pay rake of over 3,200 euros (or, if you prefer, 32,000 euros-worth of MTTs.

Put more simply, Sky gives rakeback that is miles better than this.