You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Corona = more traffic?

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

^^^

In 60 days.
  • Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    Tikay10 said:

Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

There has been a significant uptick in online poker traffic the last few days, both at Sky Poker & elsewhere.

Note also that many B & M Cardrooms are or will be temporarily closing soon - DTD will be closed as & from tomorrow until the Virus has run it's course, & over in Vegas, Wynn Poker Room closed yesterday. So that also drives poker traffic online.

Get onto the marketing boys and girls then Tikay!

Footballindex.co.uk just offered its customers an 8.25% deposit bonus!
    There's a very good reason for that...

Jacquelyn said:

Why would they offer a deposit bonus where there is already an uplift in the numbers?

Because they could take a greater slice of the pie of ALL players coming back to poker on all sites, than they normally would.

If you're a returning or new poker player - would you come to sky for a welcome tenner, or to bet365 for 365 euros?
    If I was a returning player then I'd return to the site I played on most.

If I was a new player then I'd sign up for as many sites as possible and take advantage of any offers.

Whats the requirements for that 365 Euro out of interest?

@hhyftrftdr

I suspect the question was rhetorical, but here they are, below.

I cba to do the math, but one would need to rake an absolute shed load in 60 days to release the full bonus.

€365 bonus Full Terms and Conditions

The €365 bonus is redeemed in €2.50 instalments as you earn Status Points. The first two €2.50 are released when 25 and then 50 Status Points are accumulated. The following 24 instalments are redeemed for each 100 Status Points accumulated. All remaining instalments are redeemed for every 250 Status Points accumulated.

Status Points are accumulated at a rate of 10 for every €1 or £1 paid in rake and/or tournament fees.

There is no wagering requirement attached to the €365 bonus, and once redeemed, it can be withdrawn at your discretion. Any unredeemed part of your €365 bonus expires after 60 days.

To a multi tbaling dym player, this isnt a lot....at all
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

Jacquelyn said:

Tikay10 said:

There has been a significant uptick in online poker traffic the last few days, both at Sky Poker & elsewhere.

Note also that many B & M Cardrooms are or will be temporarily closing soon - DTD will be closed as & from tomorrow until the Virus has run it's course, & over in Vegas, Wynn Poker Room closed yesterday. So that also drives poker traffic online.

Get onto the marketing boys and girls then Tikay!

Footballindex.co.uk just offered its customers an 8.25% deposit bonus!
    There's a very good reason for that...

Jacquelyn said:

Why would they offer a deposit bonus where there is already an uplift in the numbers?

Because they could take a greater slice of the pie of ALL players coming back to poker on all sites, than they normally would.

If you're a returning or new poker player - would you come to sky for a welcome tenner, or to bet365 for 365 euros?
    If I was a returning player then I'd return to the site I played on most.

If I was a new player then I'd sign up for as many sites as possible and take advantage of any offers.

Whats the requirements for that 365 Euro out of interest?

@hhyftrftdr

I suspect the question was rhetorical, but here they are, below.

I cba to do the math, but one would need to rake an absolute shed load in 60 days to release the full bonus.

€365 bonus Full Terms and Conditions

The €365 bonus is redeemed in €2.50 instalments as you earn Status Points. The first two €2.50 are released when 25 and then 50 Status Points are accumulated. The following 24 instalments are redeemed for each 100 Status Points accumulated. All remaining instalments are redeemed for every 250 Status Points accumulated.

Status Points are accumulated at a rate of 10 for every €1 or £1 paid in rake and/or tournament fees.

There is no wagering requirement attached to the €365 bonus, and once redeemed, it can be withdrawn at your discretion. Any unredeemed part of your €365 bonus expires after 60 days.

To the average poker player, it's absolutely loads.

Look at the bigger picture ffs.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

Bet365 have DYM's?
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    This is actually a thread?

Incred
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118

Seems to purely be from the OPs perspective!

A deposit bonus like this will surely annoy the players who have been loyal to a site also there is the risk of new accounts suddenly appearing which are used by current players.
  • Options
    MattBates said:

Seems to purely be from the OPs perspective!

A deposit bonus like this will surely annoy the players who have been loyal to a site also there is the risk of new accounts suddenly appearing which are used by current players.

That's why I suggested it should be a returning player bonus - open to all
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Jac35 said:

Incred

Yep. Why do you always talk down as if you know more than i?

The next 3 to 6 months could be the busiest Skypoker has been in the last 3 years.

Returning players who are isolating at home, will fancy a gamble, thats for sure. With next to little sport to gamble on, the online poker market will be one of the very few businesses that will do well in this period.

What is wrong with suggesting that if there is a choice of sites (which there is), Skypoker could be doing more to attract a larger piece of the online poker pie for the next 6 months?

My friend, who would easily be a recreational priority player by the way (isn't even that good - just wants to play as much as they can whilst at home) won't sign up to Sky Poker because there are better offers elsewhere - I don't see why I should be shot down for giving some sensible feedback.

You can say what you like about Ipoker but they are a larger network than Skypoker, do offer DYM's too, and their site doesnt cut out if you multi table a lot of tables - Sky STILL hasn't fixed this problem and we have had no proper software upgrades as far as I am aware in last 2/3 years?

I will likely stay loyal to Sky, but it would be great to see amazing traffic wouldn't it? - Could they be doing more during what will be a mini boom in next few months?

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Bet365 have DYM's?

yep
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    Jacquelyn said:

Jac35 said:

Incred

The next 3 to 6 months could be the busiest Skypoker has been in the last 3 years.

Returning players who are isolating at home, or lost their jobs etc will fancy a gamble, thats for sure. With next to little sport to gamble on, the online poker market will be one of the very few businesses that will do well in this period.

What is wrong with suggesting that if there is a choice of sites (which there is), Skypoker could be doing more to attract a larger piece of the online poker pie for the next 6 months?

My friend, who would easily be a recreational priority player by the way (isn't even that good - just wants to play as much as they can whilst at home) won't sign up to Sky Poker because there are better offers elsewhere - I don't why I should be shot down for giving some sensible feedback.

You can say what you like about Ipoker but they are a larger network than Skypoker, do offer DYM's too, and their site doesnt cut out if you multi table a lot of tables.

I will likely stay loyal to Sky, but it would be great to see amazing traffic wouldn't it? - Could they be doing more during what will be a mini boom in next few months?

I’m not talking down to you. We just have different ideas on what’s important right now
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

Jac35 said:

Incred

Returning players who are isolating at home, or lost their jobs etc will fancy a gamble, thats for sure. With next to little sport to gamble on, the online poker market will be one of the very few businesses that will do well in this period.

My friend, who would easily be a recreational priority player by the way (isn't even that good - just wants to play as much as they can whilst at home) won't sign up to Sky Poker because there are better offers elsewhere - I don't why I should be shot down for giving some sensible feedback.

You can say what you like about Ipoker but they are a larger network than Skypoker, do offer DYM's too, and their site doesnt cut out if you multi table a lot of tables.

Absolutely incred comment.

• Options
    So you're saying that Sky Poker should incentivise people to put money on the site when they have possibly lost their income?

Are you that stupid?
  • Options

Jacquelyn said:

Jac35 said:

Incred

I am one of those that lost my job - lost it today. Many will lose jobs and some will even lose lives - its horrific what this virus will do.

But life goes on doesn't it? I have to get on with it.
  • Options

So you're saying that Sky Poker should incentivise people to put money on the site when they have possibly lost their income?

Are you that stupid?

You love to pick a fight and holes in anything.

Most will not have lost jobs. Some will, but for sure absolutely most won't.

Those that don't/won't, will have to be at home for a decent whack of the next 6 months.

Most will not get severely ill.

Huge market for online poker in next 6 months.
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

Jacquelyn said:

Jac35 said:

Incred

I am one of those that lost my job - lost it today. Many will lose jobs and some will even lose lives - its horrific what this virus will do.

Exactly, yet you're rabbiting on about deposit bonuses.
    Given your situation I'd assume you to have much more perspective than what you're demonstrating.

I'll probably be in the same boat as you before long, and I can assure you that if/when I lose my job I won't be thinking 'oooh, might have a little flutter on Sky now I have no money coming in'.
  • Options
    Jacquelyn said:

Are you that stupid?

You love to pick a fight and holes in anything.

Most will not have lost jobs. Some will, but for sure absolutely most won't.

Those that don't/won't, will have to be at home for a decent whack of the next 6 months.

Most will not get severely ill.

Huge market for online poker in next 6 months.
    Again, another incredible post.

Just how far detached from reality are you?
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Jacquelyn said:

Jacquelyn said:

Jac35 said:

Incred

Given your situation I'd assume you to have much more perspective than what you're demonstrating.

I'll probably be in the same boat as you before long, and I can assure you that if/when I lose my job I won't be thinking 'oooh, might have a little flutter on Sky now I have no money coming in'.
    To winning players, who do manage to make a side income from playing here, what is the problem in hammering online poker whilst applying for new jobs? - Indeed, even to break even players who then get C4P, it would be worthwhile. Would that, indeed, not be sensible infact?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Jacquelyn said:

Jacquelyn said:

Jacquelyn said:

Jac35 said:

Incred

To winning players, who do manage to make a side income from playing here, what is the problem in hammering online poker whilst applying for new jobs? - Would that, indeed, not be sensible infact?
    That would be entirely circumstantial and certainly not one size fits all.

If someone is a proven winner and has the £££ to live life relatively normally and also sustain any potential medium/long term negative variance then yes crack on.

But how applicable is that to your average poker player who works full time? 10%? 5%?
    You said that people who lost their jobs will fancy a gamble. I seriously doubt that the people who live month to month will be giving internet poker/betting a second thought if the worst happens and they find themselves out of a job.

And just to edit, it can be tough to find new employment at the best of times so anyone searching for a job in the next few months when this is all kicking off will probably find it extremely difficult. I'm not sure many industries and companies are going to be throwing money at new employment for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,025
    Have to agree with @hhyftrftdr

I can't see any recreational poker players who are unfortunate enough to lose their job, with bills to pay and mouths to feed, deciding to invest any of their savings on an online poker site.

Yes, traffic will increase due to amount of people either working from home or self isolating but to say that those unfortunate enough to lose their job will be searching the internet for the best online poker deal is ridiculous. They will have far more important priorities, like trying to keep up with mortgage payments and feeding their kids.
  • Options

That would be entirely circumstantial and certainly not one size fits all.

If someone is a proven winner and has the £££ to live life relatively normally and also sustain any potential medium/long term negative variance then yes crack on.

But how applicable is that to your average poker player who works full time? 10%? 5%?
    You said that people who lost their jobs will fancy a gamble. I seriously doubt that the people who live month to month will be giving internet poker/betting a second thought if the worst happens and they find themselves out of a job.

And just to edit, it can be tough to find new employment at the best of times so anyone searching for a job in the next few months when this is all kicking off will probably find it extremely difficult. I'm not sure many industries and companies are going to be throwing money at new employment for the foreseeable future.

In short then, by your logic, you dont think the online poker market will increase in next couple of months? - The first few posts on this thread already suggest it is improving.