You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Corona = more traffic?

124»

Comments

• Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    Great thread. Thought of some other possible promotions Sky could use to profit off people who are sick and out of work:

- Double bounties on those who have Coronavirus in KO MTTs
    - Buy-in insurance in case you die before a tournament starts
    - A Coronavirus freeroll only eligible for the infected with prizes of toilet roll and antibiotics
    - Satellites where you can win entry into an ICU at your local hospital
  • Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    NOSTRI said:

Great thread. Thought of some other possible promotions Sky could use to profit off people who are sick and out of work:

- Double bounties on those who have Coronavirus in KO MTTs
    - Buy-in insurance in case you die before a tournament starts
    - A Coronavirus freeroll only eligible for the infected with prizes of toilet roll and antibiotics
    - Satellites where you can win entry into an ICU at your local hospital

Haha very good!

Just to be clear - I hope that no one here is affected and will be affected directly by the horrible illness.

This was not meant to be a post about exploiting ill or vulnerable people. It was about increasing traffic to Skypoker which has been a major issue imo over last few years.

I was merely stating that lots of people (hopefully all perfectly healthy) will inevitably be playing more online poker in the next few months and that SkyPoker, if they were switched on, could have a lot more players in their traffic as a result if they were pro active in persuading them to return or join them, over other sites which are (like it or not) offering decent bonuses.

I do love it that whenever I post on this forum, immediately I am jumped upon by everyone, and words are twisted, it does amuse me. Sky Poker forums eh!
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Perhaps you should have written something like that initially, instead of posting about people losing their jobs being desperate for a little gamble.

Your words (more or less), not mine.

Yes, I think we all agree traffic will be on a steady increase over the next few weeks/months.
    Whether Sky would want to 'capitalise' on that given the circumstances I'm not too sure.
    Sky themselves are on a bit of an unknown path anyway.

Matt was right, it did sound like you were just fishing for some random bonus/payment.

Despite all that, I'm sorry to hear you have lost your job and hope you can find something soon. It's bad out there right now and I fear there are going to be thousands upon thousands of people in similar situations going forward.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305

Perhaps you should have written something like that initially, instead of posting about people losing their jobs being desperate for a little gamble.

Yes, I think we all agree traffic will be on a steady increase over the next few weeks/months.
    Whether Sky would want to 'capitalise' on that given the circumstances I'm not too sure.

Matt was right, it did sound like you were just fishing for some random bonus/payment.

Despite all that, I'm sorry to hear you have lost your job and hope you can find something soon. It's bad out there right now and I fear there are going to be thousands upon thousands of people in similar situations going forward.

I agree...with both sides...I've just had the only 2 fixed income monthly contracts I have cancel...so ,yes even more time to play and spend on poker!
  • Options
    K0BAYASHlK0BAYASHl Member Posts: 2,027
    Lets get the guarantees up :D
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,305
    madprof said:

I agree...with both sides...I've just had the only 2 fixed income monthly contracts I have cancel...so ,yes even more time to play and spend on poker!
    3 one off events cancelled yesterday so like so many of us....I now face the prospect of 2 days work at an event I’ve paid to attend -still planned to take place this weekend as the organisers won’t want to refund us all!-with relatively no one there.... :/ more time but less funds..
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,481
    edited March 2020

I think Jacqueline raises a valid point. I think if there was more certainty as to the future of sky poker then sky would absolutely have conjured up some kind of promotion to steer people looking to play online poker onto the site. For all the ineffective promos they've ran in the past to try and gain and retain players, it seems like a pretty big missed opportunity to sit back and do nothing.

I think sky should probably look to push ukops promos early and run some promos for new players that deposit, maybe giving them a ukops tournament ticket to a cheap event to keep them around. Online poker is going to be one of few industries that really benefits so trying to get people on sky instead of unibet/stars/ party should be a priority.

I disagree
    Jacquelyn said:

Jac35 said:

This is actually a thread?

Incred

Yep. Why do you always talk down as if you know more than i?

The next 3 to 6 months could be the busiest Skypoker has been in the last 3 years.

Returning players who are isolating at home, will fancy a gamble, thats for sure. With next to little sport to gamble on, the online poker market will be one of the very few businesses that will do well in this period.

What is wrong with suggesting that if there is a choice of sites (which there is), Skypoker could be doing more to attract a larger piece of the online poker pie for the next 6 months?

My friend, who would easily be a recreational priority player by the way (isn't even that good - just wants to play as much as they can whilst at home) won't sign up to Sky Poker because there are better offers elsewhere - I don't see why I should be shot down for giving some sensible feedback.

You can say what you like about Ipoker but they are a larger network than Skypoker, do offer DYM's too, and their site doesnt cut out if you multi table a lot of tables - Sky STILL hasn't fixed this problem and we have had no proper software upgrades as far as I am aware in last 2/3 years?

I will likely stay loyal to Sky, but it would be great to see amazing traffic wouldn't it? - Could they be doing more during what will be a mini boom in next few months?

You’re right actually
    I do talk down to you. It’s because i think you’re a lousy person

The abuse you give people at tables is dreadful

The very first dym i played tonight you called someone a spas tic

You do this, and worse, every single night you play
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Jac35 said:

I think Jacqueline raises a valid point. I think if there was more certainty as to the future of sky poker then sky would absolutely have conjured up some kind of promotion to steer people looking to play online poker onto the site. For all the ineffective promos they've ran in the past to try and gain and retain players, it seems like a pretty big missed opportunity to sit back and do nothing.

I think sky should probably look to push ukops promos early and run some promos for new players that deposit, maybe giving them a ukops tournament ticket to a cheap event to keep them around. Online poker is going to be one of few industries that really benefits so trying to get people on sky instead of unibet/stars/ party should be a priority.

I disagree
    Jacquelyn said:

Jac35 said:

Incred

The next 3 to 6 months could be the busiest Skypoker has been in the last 3 years.

Returning players who are isolating at home, will fancy a gamble, thats for sure. With next to little sport to gamble on, the online poker market will be one of the very few businesses that will do well in this period.

What is wrong with suggesting that if there is a choice of sites (which there is), Skypoker could be doing more to attract a larger piece of the online poker pie for the next 6 months?

My friend, who would easily be a recreational priority player by the way (isn't even that good - just wants to play as much as they can whilst at home) won't sign up to Sky Poker because there are better offers elsewhere - I don't see why I should be shot down for giving some sensible feedback.

You can say what you like about Ipoker but they are a larger network than Skypoker, do offer DYM's too, and their site doesnt cut out if you multi table a lot of tables - Sky STILL hasn't fixed this problem and we have had no proper software upgrades as far as I am aware in last 2/3 years?

I will likely stay loyal to Sky, but it would be great to see amazing traffic wouldn't it? - Could they be doing more during what will be a mini boom in next few months?

You’re right actually

Been on the receiving end myself, Paul. Always appreciate being given free lessons ;)

Still think he is right on this thread, though.

• Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Calling the bad players names is absolutely moronic especially in dyms. You usually find the ones that abuse the donks hardly scrape a +roi and they would be the ones that lose out most if all the bad players left. It amazes me that any 'fun' players play even play dyms as it is, you don't see players get the same abuse on cash tables and mtts when they make a mistake. There are actually two losing players on this site who play fairly regular and berate any players worse than them everytime they make a mistake. As well as being truly pathetic behaviour just how **** thick must you be to try and chase away the few players who are actually worse at poker than you?

Before any of you say I said this or that I only abuse the good players 😂

Anyway with all this extra traffic, mtt guarantees going up and another ukops announced it only seems fair to announce a month long run of 'dym streak week' for all us little sngers?
  • Options
    JacquelynJacquelyn Member Posts: 254
    Jac35 said:

I disagree
    Jacquelyn said:

Jac35 said:

Incred

You’re right actually

ooooooooooooooooooo bless
  • Options
    gpc70gpc70 Member Posts: 1,997
    over a thousand in the mini unreal
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    gpc70 said:

@gpc70

Yup, 1,027 runners. so the £2,000 Mini made £5,135.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,532
    Tikay10 said:

gpc70 said:

@gpc70

As original inventor of the Mini, I hope that my current 5% cut of all rake is reviewed by Sky Poker. I am expecting my new increased rate to be notified to me, no later than the 1st of next month. TYIA.

In other matters, is there going to be a Mini Ukops?
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

Tikay10 said:

gpc70 said:

@gpc70

As original inventor of the Mini, I hope that my current 5% cut of all rake is reviewed by Sky Poker. I am expecting my new increased rate to be notified to me, no later than the 1st of next month. TYIA.

In other matters, is there going to be a Mini Ukops?
    "reviewed" can have several meanings.... Best to think the worst.

Mini UKOPS? No, not that I'm aware, though maybe I just missed the Memo.
  • Options
    How many new accounts have been set up over the last 2 weeks? Compared to normal?
  • Options
    K0BAYASHl said:

How many new accounts have been set up over the last 2 weeks? Compared to normal?

No idea. It's not the sort of info the Business would share, tbh.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

K0BAYASHl said:

No idea. It's not the sort of info the Business would share, tbh.
    Ok