You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

StayOrGo Diary - Mid July Update

Comments

• StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,127
    MP33 said:

Haha Very good - I did google "Dancing with Fishes" but apparantly its also an episode of CSI NY.

PS Sent you a PM

Email sent @MP33
    edited June 2020
    SR23 said:

Good Graham Stayorgo-ing. I only clicked on for the bad language - Axel F was a bonus.

Yeh, I always liked Harold Faltermeyer.

The guy with the baseball cap in the first clip of my showreel, is my friend, Paul, who I haven't seen for ages, I must catch up with him and make sure he's OK.

He was in Byker Grove as a teenager, with Ant and Dec.

If you liked the intro to my showreel @SR23 , you'll enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y7_eqrJ8-0
  • SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    StayOrGo said:

SR23 said:

Good Graham Stayorgo-ing. I only clicked on for the bad language - Axel F was a bonus.

Yeh, I always liked Harold Faltermeyer.

The guy with the baseball cap in the first clip of my showreel, is my friend, Paul, who I haven't seen for ages, I must catch up with him and make sure he's OK.

He was in Byker Grove as a teenager, with Ant and Dec.

If you liked the intro to my showreel @SR23 , you'll enjoy this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y7_eqrJ8-0
    I found that really soothing, thanks. Loving the green lights - and his rolled up sleeves.
    edited June 2020
    Hi guys. Following on from this diary, a few people have asked me if I can help them with their game, which I have offered to do.

If you are at an intermediate level then their may be Poker terms that you are unaware of.

Anyway, I am offering to do a Poker Quiz on Zoom that is all about Poker Terminology. It would probably be too basic for advanced players, but for intermediate and below, it could be very useful and also a bit of social fun too.

Should only be 30mins-40mins.

Especially useful I think, if you go on to being "coached" as your mentor/coach will use all sorts of terminology.

Certainly, if I am helping you with your game, it would be very useful if we are singing from the same hymn sheet, terminology wise.

Post here if you would be interested in attending, either for fun or for learning more about the game, and we'll see what time/dates suit

Cheers,

G
  • thislteduthisltedu Member Posts: 397
    Up for that Graham. I thought I knew most of the terminology but now realise I may have misinterpreted some.
  • TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,133
    I'm definitely up for it. Anything that helps me better understand all the coaching/ training vids. Plus it should be fun.
    edited June 2020

I'm definitely up for it. Anything that helps me better understand all the coaching/ training vids. Plus it should be fun.

Great @thisltedu and @TheEdge949 we'll see how many more come forward and try and find a suitable date/time, I'll then post the Zoom link on here, and it should be a case of people just putting their name (and ideally alias) when they join so we all know who we are.

Only 40 mins. Should be fun
    StayOrGo said:

Great @thisltedu and @TheEdge949 we'll see how many more come forward and try and find a suitable date/time, I'll then post the Zoom link on here, and it should be a case of people just putting their name (and ideally alias) when they join so we all know who we are.

Only 40 mins. Should be fun
    Any time apart from 5pm - 11pm fri and sat (working) suits me
  • TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    Yes, I'm up for it but need to install zoom etc. My issue is that evenings can be hit or miss due to family commitments especially as my other half is back at work now following CV-19. Let me know what suits everyone and whatever time is decided upon and if I can make it, I certainly will do my best.
    edited June 2020
    TVSpice said:

Yes, I'm up for it but need to install zoom etc. My issue is that evenings can be hit or miss due to family commitments especially as my other half is back at work now following CV-19. Let me know what suits everyone and whatever time is decided upon and if I can make it, I certainly will do my best.

Hi @TVSpice

You shouldn't have to install Zoom, although obviously you can, but just clicking on the link and entering your name/alias should work.

I am thinking like 4pm till 4.40pm, on a day that suits all, don't know how that sounds for everyone?
    StayOrGo said:

TVSpice said:

Hi @TVSpice

You shouldn't have to install Zoom, although obviously you can, but just clicking on the link and entering your name/alias should work.

I am thinking like 4pm till 4.40pm, on a day that suits all, don't know how that sounds for everyone?
    That time sounds perfect for me! In fact anything between 11 am and 4 pm (as a start time) works.
    TVSpice said:

StayOrGo said:

TVSpice said:

Hi @TVSpice

That time sounds perfect for me! In fact anything between 11 am and 4 pm (as a start time) works.
    I am a bit of a night owl and usually player poker till about 6am, go to bed at 7am and get up at about 3.30pm, so 4pm perfect for me. Then I can start my Poker schedule after.

We'll give it a few days and see who else is interested.
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    Sounds good to me .

Should be free at that time most days in next week

edited June 2020
    MP33 said:

Sounds good to me .

Should be free at that time most days in next week

Hi Paul and all.

I was actually thinking of 4pm on Thursday 18th June.

How does that suit everyone?

It'll just be 40 minutes and it'll be light-hearted, nothing serious, and you won't need to disclose your score if you don't want to. Just no searching the internet for the answers etc.

It will have a wide range of terms from easy ones to slightly more obscure one's, so hopefully something for everyone, and maybe a surprise or two.

So I'd say it would be suitable for most recreational players and maybe the odd advanced player for a bit of fun.

So who is up for 18th June at 4pm?
    edited June 2020
    I will post a link on here nearer the time and all people will need to do (whether you have Zoom or not) is click on the link, enter your name and your alias so I know who's who, and away we go.

I only have the free version of Zoom, so we will be limited to 40 minutes if more than five participants.

Post on here if you think you'll join, so I have an idea of numbers.

See you then!
  • MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    Is Tikay donating free entries to winners???

Yep i,ll be there at 4 on Thursday - Look forward to it
    MP33 said:

Is Tikay donating free entries to winners???

Yep i,ll be there at 4 on Thursday - Look forward to it

On that point. Want to join us @Tikay10 ?
    StayOrGo said:

I will post a link on here nearer the time and all people will need to do (whether you have Zoom or not) is click on the link, enter your name and your alias so I know who's who, and away we go.

I only have the free version of Zoom, so we will be limited to 40 minutes if more than five participants.

Post on here if you think you'll join, so I have an idea of numbers.

See you then!

All being well, I will be there.
    Deffo joining.
    edited June 2020
    Hi guys.

I have just scheduled a Zoom meeting for Thursday (18th) at 4.00pm.

You will be able to join at the time via the link below:

GRAHAM CARTER is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. (Thurs 18th at 4.00pm)

Join Zoom Meeting
    https://us04web.zoom.us/j/6593857200?pwd=TzJ4RHlKdWZpaDNiVlZLaEZ1NXhuZz09

Meeting ID: 659 385 7200
    Password: 6d2Q8f

It should be literally a case of clicking the link above at the time, I don't think the password is required, but it's here just in case.

You need to select "Join with Computer Audio" and if you don't have an account just enter your name and/or Sky Poker alias.

I'll post the link again nearer the time.

I have created a mixture of basic, intermediate and "advanced" terminology questions, and also some "fun" terms that are used.

So hopefully there is something for everyone.

It also will be very useful for people who want to improve their play either via a coach/mentor, or discussing with friends, as there will be a common understanding of the key terms, which sometimes are misunderstood.

Look forward to seeing you then.