You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A Boring little DON and MTT Blog

teamclauteamclau Member Posts: 56
Hey all, new to posting on the forum so be gentle with me :)

Discovered the forum after having some great chats with a couple of players last week when I luckboxed a deep run in the main.

Going to do a little blog at my micro stakes adventures which is likely to be really boring as I will be playing a lot of DoNs and micro MTTs.

A bit about me I am a 29 years old lady (debatable) and have been playing poker for about 5 years. Mostly played live but have done OK online. Managed a SCOOP final table last year somehow and have done ok elsewhere too but lack volume and patience to put in a long grind.

Going to start with a bankroll of £75 and aim to spin it up to about £1k before withdrawing. I will try and stick to some sort of bankroll management but no doubt that will go out of the window fairly quickly lol.

Wish me luck

Comments

• Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    I,d rather read a boring blog than another "Its rigged thread"

GL with it
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,501
    Good Luck welcome to "The Friendly Forum"
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475
    edited June 2020
    GL @teamclau

I noticed you got 2nd in Hitman Main last week for over £1,000, very nice.

GL with the bloglet, looking forward to it.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited June 2020
    Hi teamclau,

Will keep an eye on this.

Couple of questions.

Do you have a set schedule for poker playing times?

What limits of DON and MTTs are you looking at?

VBOL

Cammy
  • Options
    To be honest I am yet to get a feel for the micros on sky I have played mostly the main and a few games here and there, but in terms of a schedule I run my own business from home and my fella works away during the week, so I have a LOT of free time during the day but plan on keeping most of my evenings free but will probably play maybe 2 evenings a week.

With tourneys I will aim for a bit of a day time schedule and games up to probably £3.30, I feel like I might have a bit of an edge at the micros and the small fields will help. The £1 rebuys could provide some great value especially starting with a smallish bankroll

DONs I will aim for up to £2.20 maybe £3.30 keeping the turbo variant at a max of maybe £1.10

I am not really one to stick rigidly to a Bank roll management plan mainly due to not really playing a ton online so happy to take any advice but don't be surprised if you see me playing a £5.50 every now and again lol

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone, honestly didn't think anyone would be interested :)
  • Options
    teamclau said:

To be honest I am yet to get a feel for the micros on sky I have played mostly the main and a few games here and there, but in terms of a schedule I run my own business from home and my fella works away during the week, so I have a LOT of free time during the day but plan on keeping most of my evenings free but will probably play maybe 2 evenings a week.

With tourneys I will aim for a bit of a day time schedule and games up to probably £3.30, I feel like I might have a bit of an edge at the micros and the small fields will help. The £1 rebuys could provide some great value especially starting with a smallish bankroll

DONs I will aim for up to £2.20 maybe £3.30 keeping the turbo variant at a max of maybe £1.10

I am not really one to stick rigidly to a Bank roll management plan mainly due to not really playing a ton online so happy to take any advice but don't be surprised if you see me playing a £5.50 every now and again lol

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone, honestly didn't think anyone would be interested :)

Blogs and diaries could maybe give people a flavour of the person behind the screen name.

If it's poker, poker, poker maybe not as much of course :)

Can be quite therapeutic too.

Cammy
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    GL with this. I always enjoy reading the blogs of other dym players and all the others seem to have stopped posting. No doubt you will see me plenty on the tables. All the best.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,182
    Good luck and welcome to the forum.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    all the best and good luck
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Well first win in the bag in a £1 rebuy though a bit of a bitter sweet day...

thought it would be fun to punt a £22 and £11 and 2 x £5.50 :( lol bankroll management but its all good fun :)

Ran and played pretty bad all day until the £1 rebuy win where I played pretty solid, some rather unhappy punters in the chat window though, you would think it was the WSOP final table the way they went on but hey ho.

Up a tenner for the day over would have been plenty more but never mind.

Played well in the DONs though they were good fun.

Thank you all for the welcome messages, had some really good chats at the tables today and y'all seem like a friendly bunch.

May play a game or 2 this evening but with thunder brewing outside not sure if I want to risk a power cut half way through and the other half is on his way back.

Start "Bankroll": £75
    End "Bankroll": £85.09

Bankroll management plan: stop punting punt more stop punting

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475

@teamclau

"some rather unhappy punters in the chat window though, you would think it was the WSOP final table the way they went on but hey ho."

Always a good sign when that happens, means you are getting the better of them. Just ignore.

where does the alias "teamclau" arise from? It's quite an odd one.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

@teamclau

"some rather unhappy punters in the chat window though, you would think it was the WSOP final table the way they went on but hey ho."

Always a good sign when that happens, means you are getting the better of them. Just ignore.

where does the alias "teamclau" arise from? It's quite an odd one.

Unfortunately it’s nothing to exciting I am just rubbish at coming up with usernames, my name is Laura and my best friends name in school was Clarissa it was our school petname “clau” 😂 it just kind of stuck. Let’s get that embarrassing bit of info out the way 😂
  • Options
    MynaFrettMynaFrett Member Posts: 724
    edited June 2020
    teamclau said:

With tourneys I will aim for a bit of a day time schedule and games up to probably £3.30

^^^

So this went out the window on day one :D

Congratulations on the win in the £1.10 rebuy - they're not too shabby for the best part of £60 for 1st are they? I'm a massive bankroll nit (and regularly get mocked for it) but you can absolutely make tidy profits on Sky playing exclusively £1.10 rebuys, £2.20 deep stacks and £5.50 bounty hunters without feeling like you should be looking to 'move up' or 'shot take'.

Good luck.
  • Options
    aynaricolaynaricol Member Posts: 319
    Very well done in the 1.10 rebuy - was great to be at the table with you :) And you're right, some people do take those a little bit too seriously! GL with the blog and I'm sure I'll see you at the tables again!
  • Options
    MynaFrett said:

teamclau said:

With tourneys I will aim for a bit of a day time schedule and games up to probably £3.30

^^^

So this went out the window on day one :D

Congratulations on the win in the £1.10 rebuy - they're not too shabby for the best part of £60 for 1st are they? I'm a massive bankroll nit (and regularly get mocked for it) but you can absolutely make tidy profits on Sky playing exclusively £1.10 rebuys, £2.20 deep stacks and £5.50 bounty hunters without feeling like you should be looking to 'move up' or 'shot take'.

Good luck.
    Actually one of the best value games I have ever played I think!
    I really like that as a schedule actually. Think I might use this as a schdule.
    aynaricol said:

Very well done in the 1.10 rebuy - was great to be at the table with you :) And you're right, some people do take those a little bit too seriously! GL with the blog and I'm sure I'll see you at the tables again!

Thanks it was lovely chatting with you and very well played the flop on that last hand was a nice sweat lol.

So here is an update... RIP "bankroll" lol
    The other half was delayed getting home so had a punt in the main....ooops.

Did have a deep run in the mega stack and played a few sngs and withdrew £30 for a takeaway.

It is all good fun though, I dont think this was ever about sticking to a bankroll more just a fun spin up but that said it does show how important it is to stick to a bankroll plan to get from A - B.

This isnt the end though, going to give this bankroll thing a shot so the plan moving forward after this weekend is going to be as follows:

£100 starting bankroll

schedule £1.10 rebuys, and deep stacks / bounty hunters up to £3.30 all none turbo formats.

I may play some DONs between but probably only up to £1.10.

I will post again Monday or Tuesday once I have the bankroll setup, I might post some other stuff too, currently trying to do a fitness transformation and it might make the blog a bit more interesting if I have some other stuff about me and my not so interesting life lol

have a great weekend everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Enjoy your weekend teamclau

A great start to the blog and this could be a new 'fav' ;)

Cammy
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Cammykaze said:

Enjoy your weekend teamclau

A great start to the blog and this could be a new 'fav' ;)

Cammy

thank you I will be following yours closely too :blush:

Came up with this as a little schedule with a £100 roll...any thoughts? This does not include the additional Monday forum type games and if I can start a bit earlier then there are a couple of other nice small buyin comps in the evening.

Day time sessions

09:00 £1.10 rebuy
    09:45 £3.30 bounty
    10:15 £1.10 rebuy
    10:45 £3.30 bounty
    11:15 £1.10 rebuy
    14:15 £2.20 deep stack
    14:30 £1.10 rebuy

Monday and Weds Evenings (possibly fri too)
    19:05 £0.55 nightly micro
    19:15 £2.20 deep stack
    19:40 £1.10 deep stack
    20:00 £2.20 bounty
    20:30 mini main

Sundays - we will see.

Freerolls - as many as I can cram in.
  • Options
    SidV79SidV79 Member Posts: 4,032
    Welcome to the Forum Laura, shall follow your progress with interest. If you decide to play on Friday nights as well then please join us in the Friday Orfordable League (there is a post on here this morning), a 10-seat Deepstack for only £3.30 @7.15pm , with added MTT prizes to be won.
    Very best of luck with your challenge/diary

SidV79 (Andy)
  • Options
    SidV79 said:

Welcome to the Forum Laura, shall follow your progress with interest. If you decide to play on Friday nights as well then please join us in the Friday Orfordable League (there is a post on here this morning), a 10-seat Deepstack for only £3.30 @7.15pm , with added MTT prizes to be won.
    Very best of luck with your challenge/diary

SidV79 (Andy)

Thanks Andy I will be sure to play any Fridays where I can 😀 will jump over to the thread and take a look
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    Welcome Laura,
    Always good to see new diaries, love to read how different people think about and play the game. If you think the chat box is bad at £1.10 wait until you play a free roll.😂
    Good luck
    Nick