You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

A Boring little DON and MTT Blog

Comments

• Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    vwp btw @teamclau - outstanding (and quick) building going on in these parts.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    SR23 said:

SMARTGOAT said:

waller02 said:

I've never understood the gripe about people who "hit and run". So what?!

I must be in the minority on this one, I think in recent years it's become more acceptable. For every successful hit and run I guess there are 4 or 5 unsuccessful attempts so long term it's actually a good thing. In the moment however, you watch as your money leaves the table instantly it's rather tilting/ frustrating.
    With you on this. There have been plenty of times when ending a session and I've hit stand, then stacked someone, I'll actually sit back in for a couple of orbits - makes it a bit more of a hit and walk.

Instinctively I just don't like hnr-ing but have never really thought about *why*. Might try and be a bit more @waller02 in the future. Spectrums, innit.
    To be fair, I don't play HU cash so I'm probably not qualified to have an opinion. I just don't see the issue, there could be any number of reasons why someone has done it. They might have been taking a shot at higher stakes, got the double and booked the win, they might have realised the other player is a far better player so they are only going to give it 1BI, or they might genuinely have only had time for a short game.

Like I said though, I don't play HU cash so maybe there is some unwritten rule where you give your opponent the opportunity to win their buyin back?
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    Hit and running is overrated and one of many overused phrases in poker.

Online poker can be anarchy so....... meh!
  • Options
    teamclauteamclau Member Posts: 56
    SR23 said:

thank you :) probably time to stop spinning up now I guess.

So my take on the whole hit and run thing from a rec perspective, for most players I guess it can be an opportunity to spin up, win a buyin to an mtt, have a gamble etc.

The majority of players are going to be recreational and don't have a set of unwritten rules to abide by, its their money to do with what the please, I am probably a prime example of this.

If I had stuck to the plan to "grind" then I would no doubt not be taking shots, be sticking to a bankroll management plan and would be avoiding regs like the plague.

I guess reg vs reg etiquette is a thing but I would imagine regs avoid each other where possible?

I am not interested in making any enemies and would much rather have some friendly banter and be part of a friendly community and enjoy my time at the tables so if that means sticking around after winning or losing a buyin or two at the table then so be it I just dont think that is the mentality of most recreational players.

I think its easy to think that most players are fellow grinders or take things a little more seriously but thats probably not realistic. Everyone get frustrated when they lose to a "Worse hand" and I am guilty of the odd "wtf" or "wow" in the chat but will always follow up with a "nh" or "wp" after I have took a second or two to cool down.

It is interesting to see peoples takes on this though :)
  • Options
    waller02 said:

SR23 said:

SMARTGOAT said:

waller02 said:

I've never understood the gripe about people who "hit and run". So what?!

I must be in the minority on this one, I think in recent years it's become more acceptable. For every successful hit and run I guess there are 4 or 5 unsuccessful attempts so long term it's actually a good thing. In the moment however, you watch as your money leaves the table instantly it's rather tilting/ frustrating.
    With you on this. There have been plenty of times when ending a session and I've hit stand, then stacked someone, I'll actually sit back in for a couple of orbits - makes it a bit more of a hit and walk.

Instinctively I just don't like hnr-ing but have never really thought about *why*. Might try and be a bit more @waller02 in the future. Spectrums, innit.
    To be fair, I don't play HU cash so I'm probably not qualified to have an opinion. I just don't see the issue, there could be any number of reasons why someone has done it. They might have been taking a shot at higher stakes, got the double and booked the win, they might have realised the other player is a far better player so they are only going to give it 1BI, or they might genuinely have only had time for a short game.

Like I said though, I don't play HU cash so maybe there is some unwritten rule where you give your opponent the opportunity to win their buyin back?
    I hear you, man, and I seldom play hu (unless on a 6 max table) so not really qualified to comment. I suppose I just think it looks a little ... impolite? Not sure. In the same way one doesn't have to, say, let someone go in front of them at the supermarket when they've got a trolley full of food and the person behind them is buying a loaf of bread - some people do it, some don't. And some people do it at some times and not others. Personal choice, I guess. Similarly if I've been playing 6max and the table's broken to hu and I'm finishing a session/got too much on for hu, I'll often say something like, "Only playing for another 5 mins or so" but ofc there's no reason anyone should or has to do this, I just do it out of politeness.

But you're right, there could be a multitude of reasons why people hnr: their dinner's ready, they've got someone to meet, they realise they're outclassed, their neighbour who's moving in looks like MIA and they want to help them carry some boxes, etc etc etc

So, yeah, I suppose it's no biggie. Sorry to hijack your thread, Clau, will do my best to leave it there. Peace out.
  • Options
    teamclau said:

SR23 said:

thank you :) probably time to stop spinning up now I guess.

So my take on the whole hit and run thing from a rec perspective, for most players I guess it can be an opportunity to spin up, win a buyin to an mtt, have a gamble etc.

The majority of players are going to be recreational and don't have a set of unwritten rules to abide by, its their money to do with what the please, I am probably a prime example of this.

If I had stuck to the plan to "grind" then I would no doubt not be taking shots, be sticking to a bankroll management plan and would be avoiding regs like the plague.

I guess reg vs reg etiquette is a thing but I would imagine regs avoid each other where possible?

I am not interested in making any enemies and would much rather have some friendly banter and be part of a friendly community and enjoy my time at the tables so if that means sticking around after winning or losing a buyin or two at the table then so be it I just dont think that is the mentality of most recreational players.

I think its easy to think that most players are fellow grinders or take things a little more seriously but thats probably not realistic. Everyone get frustrated when they lose to a "Worse hand" and I am guilty of the odd "wtf" or "wow" in the chat but will always follow up with a "nh" or "wp" after I have took a second or two to cool down.

It is interesting to see peoples takes on this though :)
    Feeling a bit boozy after petanque but, yeah, pretty much agree with this. Have no truck whatsoever w/recs sitting regs hu and leaving ... whenever, really, esp v regs who insta sit out players who show *some* degree of competency after five hands.
  • Options
    managed to final the main this evening but unfortunately I made a shocking bluff and busto for about £400+ will update properly in the morning though. night all xx
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    If it’s live then people feel a bit awkward about leaving after winning a big pot.
    Most do the play one more orbit thing and lock up before going.

Online I don’t see many issues with it

Just come across your thread
    Good work so far
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    SR23 said:

So, yeah, I suppose it's no biggie. Sorry to hijack your thread, Clau, will do my best to leave it there. Peace out.

No worries at all its good to see the different perspectives on this tbh xx
    Jac35 said:

If it’s live then people feel a bit awkward about leaving after winning a big pot.
    Most do the play one more orbit thing and lock up before going.

Online I don’t see many issues with it

Just come across your thread
    Good work so far

Thank you for stopping by :)

So had a good run in the main last night finishing 5th so the mtt graph is looking a bit better now. I was absolutely shattered and I played solid throughout and rarely bluffed (which is unlike me) until I hit the final table. The bluff was terrible tbh and cost me my tourney life but such is poker.

I have now withdrawn all but £150 so will be grinding it back up again.

It did take us past the £1k mark after a cheeky heads up cash battle vs @AllllINNNN which was great fun, I ended up about £20 or £30 up after being up and down for a while.

And because everyone loves a graph, away from the tables I have been working super hard to start getting myself back in shape and am super proud of my achievements so far. I have lost a couple of kg in weight but have been focusing on toning / gaining a bit of muscle and burning fat.

My fella has a full home gym setup which has been great during lockdown.

I know these sort of scales aren’t entirely accurate but this is my body fat graph:

And my muscle mass:

Everything going in the right direction but still a long road ahead.

starting "bankroll": £100
    ending "bankroll": £1010 + change
    new "bankroll": £150

I don't think I am going to have a ton of time this week to play, the fella is working from home for the rest of the week and I have a lot to wrap up in preparation for the new job.

gl everyone xx

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475

Nice score in last night's Main @teamclau

teamclau 0 5 £304.11 + £139.44 Head Prizes 7
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Nice score in last night's Main @teamclau

teamclau 0 5 £304.11 + £139.44 Head Prizes 7

Thank you 😊 xx
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,501
    Beware the Curse of.... Withdrawal .....

Have to take issue with your Thread Title ..... I'm neither Little or Boring.

Just broke & lonely.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    goldon said:

Beware the Curse of.... Withdrawal .....

Ha ha yeah I am aware of the withdrawl curse...already got me this morning when I sat with @gonedoggin and punted off 1and a half buyins at 30nl lol.

I played like a whale though completely my fault, biggest hand I had made a set on the turn with 2 diamonds on the board I knew he was chasing a draw and rather than get it in on the turn I let him see another card and river a flush. I could have folded to his river jam too knowing full well what he had yet I still snapped off the river jam to prove myself right lol....silly girl.

Plan today is to punt a few games I have no business playing and spin up the roll lol. I probably wont have any time for the rest of the week to play so lets go big or go home....yolo and all all that xx
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Well played Laura
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Well played Laura

ty ty xx

Just had a little heads up session with @Turbooooo another friendly reg which was nice, I should really just avoid regs all together but its been great fun so far and it was another fun battle.

Not really been able to get much going today a few deep £5.50 runs and a cooler in the £22 but only really bounties to show for today ...so not a lot.

Still got the main, mini main and the freerolls to go today. I registered to everything I want to play today and have withdrawn the rest (about £80) so I guess I am about £30 down for the day which isn't that bad considering I lost 2 BI at £30nl this morning lol.

gl all xx
  • Options
    Another main final table still wasnt meant to be, my exit hand was AQ vs KK. The chips were going in anyway with a Q on the flop but got it in pre.

Also had a 2nd place finish on another well known poker site for $790 earlier and a final table in another small comp so a pretty darn successful day, couldnt be happier.

Other half was called out to work this evening so had the house to myself until he gets back in the early hours.

good luck everyone. night xx
  • Options
    Money side seems to be going well.

:)
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475

You seem to be making a habit of 5th in the Main.

Very well done.

I think the cool kids call it printing.

teamclau 0 5 £275.27 + £82.97 Head Prizes 6

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Tikay10 said:

Very well done.

Thank you @Tikay10 now if you could just amend the algorithm to 1st instead of 5th every time that would be appreciated. xx
  • Options
    teamclau said:

Tikay10 said:

Very well done.

Thank you @Tikay10 now if you could just amend the algorithm to 1st instead of 5th every time that would be appreciated. xx
    I think you are pushing your luck here. That's a great result ;)