You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Hand History Viewer Tool

NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
Greetings. I have made something I believe may be of interest.

It is of constant frustration to me that I can't easily share a hand history from Sky with people. We can't share a direct link to a hand and the hand history viewer displays in a tiny little box, preventing us from taking a full screenshot of it.

My workaround for this to date has been to copy the hand history into a forum post, preview it, and create a screenshot of the result to share with whoever I may be discussing the hand with.

That sucks and takes far too long! So I have made a simple tool to ease that process which you can find here: https://hh-viewer.glitch.me/

Here's how it works.

Step 1: Copy the hand history from Sky. You can do this by going to the "My Sky Poker" section of the navigation above and clicking "Hand History". When you bring up the selected hand, you're given the option to copy it.
Step 2: Copy it.
Step 3: Paste it into the text box on the website above.
Step 4: Click "View"

Here is a little screenshot of it in action:

Now you can quite easily screenshot the output and send it to all your friends to brag about your bad beat.

When I have more time to fiddle with this I am groing to try to make it generate the image automatically so the manual screenshot is not necessary but this is what you get for now.

Hope you find this useful. I'm all ears to feedback and improvements I might make to it.

Comments

• Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,530
    Fold pre.
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    x-jam turn and get villain to fold weak showdown hands imo.

on a less hilarious note, this looks pretty rad, thanks @NOSTRI
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    Nice one @NOSTRI

Would be great if we could import it into something like this to get a "proper view" of it.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/import.php

Is it possible?
  • Options
    StayOrGo said:

Nice one @NOSTRI

Would be great if we could import it into something like this to get a "proper view" of it.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/import.php

Is it possible?

That's a good idea. I'll look into it.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,129
    edited July 2020
    Would be awesome if you can figure out how to do it.

It's way beyond my IT skills I am afraid.

I've used it for other sites in the past and it worked fine, but never been able tom get it to work with Sky HH's.

You seem like the man for the job! :D

Good luck
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,302
    Looking good Nozzer...perhaps you could use MisterPJ to trial it as I 🤔 he likes to post the occasional hand?
  • Options
    SwogSwog Member Posts: 482
    Thanks @NOSTRI, I’ve been looking for something like this. Nice work!
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    This will now generate an image of the hand history along side it. You can click the "save as image" button to save it to your hard drive for easy sharing. I've also taken a few liberties with the formatting; it will now show cards in the format of Ad/Kc/Qs, etc instead of using the suit symbols. Just a little easier to work with, and better for copy-pasting since the original formatting would omit the suit symbols if you tried to copy it.

Todo list:
    • Shareble URLs to a specific hand -- this will allow you to just link to a page to share a hand
    • Add custom formatting to allow hand histories to be imported into hand replayers -- this might require some bodging, not sure if it's possible yet
    • General prettifying
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    NOSTRI said:

This will now generate an image of the hand history along side it. You can click the "save as image" button to save it to your hard drive for easy sharing. I've also taken a few liberties with the formatting; it will now show cards in the format of Ad/Kc/Qs, etc instead of using the suit symbols. Just a little easier to work with, and better for copy-pasting since the original formatting would omit the suit symbols if you tried to copy it.

Todo list:

• Shareble URLs to a specific hand -- this will allow you to just link to a page to share a hand
    • Add custom formatting to allow hand histories to be imported into hand replayers -- this might require some bodging, not sure if it's possible yet
    • General prettifying
    Excellent stuff Nostri!
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Nice work @NOSTRI

I have checked and it works on PLO8 too...

Development suggestion:

Would it be possible to add a "mask villain" option to replace villain's name easily.

It's probably the most time consuming task when sharing a history to either replace the text in the html or ink out the name in an image.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Just to say 'what a great initiative'!

Would love to see this integrated with a hand replayer too.
  • Options
    Phantom66 said:

Would it be possible to add a "mask villain" option to replace villain's name easily.

Great idea, should be easy enough. I'll chuck it on the todo list.
  • Options
    Allan23Allan23 Member Posts: 864
    This is great - love the 4 colour background cards.

You're a wizard, Nozzer
  • Options
    Ironpump1Ironpump1 Member Posts: 177
    This is fantastic, cheers!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,387
    I would say it doesnt work prop
    Phantom66 said:

Nice work @NOSTRI

I have checked and it works on PLO8 too...

I would say it doesn't work for PLO everyone has too many cards.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Ok, have just pushed a few changes. It might show as not working for a short while but when it comes back you will be able to click a villain's name and it will be replaced with "Villain 1", "Villain 2" etc. (@Phantom66)

I've also got a barebones implementation in place for sharing a direct link to a hand history but it generates comically long URLs, so it's not especially practical. Still thinking about the best way to do this. Hopefully that will be useable later this week.

• Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    This is awesome @NOSTRI.

I don't understand quite what sort of witchcraft this is, but I sure do like it!
  • Options
    GlenelgGlenelg Member Posts: 6,554
    Is @nostri short for Nostridamus? ☺
  • Options
    Phantom66Phantom66 Member Posts: 5,542
    Glenelg said:

Is @nostri short for Nostridamus? ☺

A hand future viewer tool would be something else, although I hear the site players already have those.