You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Sky Hand History Viewer Tool

Comments

• Options
    NOSTRINOSTRI Member Posts: 1,459
    edited July 2020
    More features!

You can now convert chip values to big blinds. Haven't tested this much, let me know if it doesn't work as expected anywhere.

The cards also ahve rounded corners now, which is obviously very important.

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,039
    edited July 2020
    Any truth in the rumours of Villain 1 coming back from 0.06bb to send you packing?

Great work btw, makes sharing Sky HH's elsewhere so much easier, thanks 😊
  • Options
    You can now get a link to share the hand history directly from the web, without having to download an image.

If you click the "Get URL" button on the right hand side it will generate a unique URL and run it through a URL shortener and return the result. You can use that link to go directly to the HH Viewer with your hand loaded in. From there, you can perform all the usual functions like saving the image or converting to big blinds.

The URL shortener is a necessary step because the generated URLs are extremely long*, so be aware that once you open the link and it resolves to the original URL it will be pretty unwieldy to pass on again. I'd advise keeping a note of the short URL if you plan to do this.

Note that the shared link will not remember if you have hidden a villain's name or converted to big blinds, so the resulting hand will be shown to the person who opens it with all players' names visible and standard chip counts.

This has been somewhat temperamental in testing so don't be surprised if it doesn't work as expected. Just let me know what's gone wrong in this thread and I'll do my best to fix it.

This is the last significant addition I'm currently planning to make to this beyond tidying up code and debugging. I'm shelving the possibility of compatibility with hand replayers, with apologies to @StayOrGo and @bbMike, because it would be a significant amount of work and the hand histories don't provide enough detail (for example the chip counts of players who did not VPIP in the hand) to do it properly.

Enjoy!

* I'm doing this by encoding the hand as a base64 encoded data string. When you open the URL, the app is decoding the URL into HTML and displaying it on the page. Doing it this way avoids having to store any data in the app, meaning all the hands you share are 100% private and no data is stored by me at all, with the tradeoff that the URLs are ginormous.
  • Options
    StayOrGoStayOrGo Member Posts: 12,130
    edited July 2020
    NOSTRI said:

You can now get a link to share the hand history directly from the web, without having to download an image.

If you click the "Get URL" button on the right hand side it will generate a unique URL and run it through a URL shortener and return the result. You can use that link to go directly to the HH Viewer with your hand loaded in. From there, you can perform all the usual functions like saving the image or converting to big blinds.

The URL shortener is a necessary step because the generated URLs are extremely long*, so be aware that once you open the link and it resolves to the original URL it will be pretty unwieldy to pass on again. I'd advise keeping a note of the short URL if you plan to do this.

Note that the shared link will not remember if you have hidden a villain's name or converted to big blinds, so the resulting hand will be shown to the person who opens it with all players' names visible and standard chip counts.

This has been somewhat temperamental in testing so don't be surprised if it doesn't work as expected. Just let me know what's gone wrong in this thread and I'll do my best to fix it.

This is the last significant addition I'm currently planning to make to this beyond tidying up code and debugging. I'm shelving the possibility of compatibility with hand replayers, with apologies to @StayOrGo and @bbMike, because it would be a significant amount of work and the hand histories don't provide enough detail (for example the chip counts of players who did not VPIP in the hand) to do it properly.

Enjoy!

* I'm doing this by encoding the hand as a base64 encoded data string. When you open the URL, the app is decoding the URL into HTML and displaying it on the page. Doing it this way avoids having to store any data in the app, meaning all the hands you share are 100% private and no data is stored by me at all, with the tradeoff that the URLs are ginormous.

Hi @NOSTRI

Great work.

How about I try and enter a Sky Hand Manually into a hand re-player later tonight, and give the unknown stacks an arbitrary amount.

I'll then post any data on here that may potentially assist you in making it work with a hand re-player.

I thought if I got that data to you, it may be possible from your end to work something out?
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    NOSTRI said:

More features!

You can now convert chip values to big blinds. Haven't tested this much, let me know if it doesn't work as expected anywhere.

The cards also ahve rounded corners now, which is obviously very important.

I'll manually enter this one
    NOSTRI said:

Greetings. I have made something I believe may be of interest.

It is of constant frustration to me that I can't easily share a hand history from Sky with people. We can't share a direct link to a hand and the hand history viewer displays in a tiny little box, preventing us from taking a full screenshot of it.

My workaround for this to date has been to copy the hand history into a forum post, preview it, and create a screenshot of the result to share with whoever I may be discussing the hand with.

That sucks and takes far too long! So I have made a simple tool to ease that process which you can find here: https://hh-viewer.glitch.me/

Here's how it works.

Step 1: Copy the hand history from Sky. You can do this by going to the "My Sky Poker" section of the navigation above and clicking "Hand History". When you bring up the selected hand, you're given the option to copy it.
    Step 2: Copy it.
    Step 3: Paste it into the text box on the website above.
    Step 4: Click "View"

Here is a little screenshot of it in action:

Now you can quite easily screenshot the output and send it to all your friends to brag about your bad beat.

When I have more time to fiddle with this I am groing to try to make it generate the image automatically so the manual screenshot is not necessary but this is what you get for now.

Hope you find this useful. I'm all ears to feedback and improvements I might make to it.

I'll do this one and give unknown stack Barney61 an arbitrary 1,000,000 chips.
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    This thread is getting more impressive by the day.....

• Options
    StayOrGo said:

NOSTRI said:

Enjoy!

Hi @NOSTRI

Great work.

How about I try and enter a Sky Hand Manually into a hand re-player later tonight, and give the unknown stacks an arbitrary amount.

I'll then post any data on here that may potentially assist you in making it work with a hand re-player.

I thought if I got that data to you, it may be possible from your end to work something out?
    This would save me a little time since I tried to do this myself and couldn't get it to work. The replayer tool hasn't documented anywhere what format it accepts, so I just tried copying the Stars formatting and it didn't seem to like it.

But the main difficulty is with reformatting the HH on the fly, since there are quite a few edge cases to account for, and it remains a subpar experience when we don't know all the stacks.

But if you can mangle it into a format that works in the replayer I will have another go.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Here's some sample data which does also include some optional coloured labels:

------------------------------------------------------

[b]Hand Information[/b]
    No Limit, 2 BB (4 handed).
    Hand History converter courtesy of pokerhandreplays.com

[b]Table Information[/b]
    Seat: 1 meson23 ($88.25) Big Blind
    Seat: 4 marlboro1007 ($100.25)
    Seat: 5 danier ($203.2) Dealer
    Seat: 6 [color=Red]javahava[/color] ($124.1) Small Blind
    Dealt to [color=Red]javahava[/color]
    [img]http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/images/poker_image/KH.png[/img] [img]http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/images/poker_image/7D.png[/img] 

[b]Preflop[/b] (Pot:3)
    marlboro1007    [i]FOLD[/i]
    danier    [i]FOLD[/i]
    [color=Red]javahava[/color]    [i]RAISE[/i] $6
    meson23    [i]FOLD[/i]
    [color=Red]javahava[/color]    [i]RETURN[/i] $6
    [b]Showdown[/b]:
    [color=Red]javahava[/color] MUCKS

[color=Red]javahava[/color]  wins the pot: $9

------------------------------------------------------------

I'll sort out the data for your specific hand later tonight after Poker, I did have a bit of a problem with the limp/shove of _Pancho_

In the meantime, if you copy/paste the above, the hand will play out in pokerhandreplays.com. I need to figure out the syntax for a few things, like all ins etc.

The above "data" results in this: (select "play" to play hand)

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/10099092
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,534
    edited July 2020
    There is an error of significant consequence in this HH conversion.

And the flop is bleeding over.

Produced this .png, lopping off the bottom section.

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Apologies for the duplication, as this is on a separate thread too.

Only a simple hand I know, but something to work with for you perhaps @NOSTRI ?

BARNEY61 given 1,000,000 chips.

Will need to give flash player permissions if it doesn't already have it.

Happy to do the more of the grunt work (data formats for playing down the streets, side pots etc) whilst you potentially do the clever automation stuff! :D

Replay (With win Pot Odds % stats. Can't seem to get it to work without pot odds stats. Bit frustrating as it obscures the cards)

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/10099121

Replay up until hero's last action: (Could be useful for coaching/training purposes)

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/10099122

The above was achieved using the following "Data":

Seat 5 - BARNEY61 ($1000000.00 in chips) [ 2007-06-15 05:16:34 ]
    Seat 6 - NOSTRI ($28342.50 in chips)
    Seat 1 - ARROGANT ($25890.00 in chips)
    Seat 4 - _PANCHO_ ($31578.75 in chips)
    Stage #682816736: Holdem No Limit $2 - 2007-06-15 05:16:34.006 (ET)
    Table: SKY POKER (MTT) Seat #5 is the dealer
    NOSTRI - Posts small blind $1000
    ARROGANT - Posts big blind $2000
    *** POCKET CARDS ***
    Dealt to NOSTRI [Ah 3h]
    _PANCHO_ - Calls $2000
    BARNEY61 - Folds
    NOSTRI - Raises $27342.50 to $28342.50
    ARROGANT - Folds
    _PANCHO_ - [Ac Kh] Calls $26342.50
    *** FLOP *** [8c Tc 4d]
    *** TURN *** [8c Tc 4d] [2h]
    *** RIVER *** [8c Tc 4d 2h] [9s]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    NOSTRI - shows [Ah 3h]
    _PANCHO_ - shows [Ac Kh]
    _PANCHO_ Collects $58685.00 from main pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total Pot($58685.00)
    Seat 1: ARROGANT (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
    Seat 4: _PANCHO_ collected Total ($58685.00)
    Seat 5: BARNEY61 (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
    Seat 6: NOSTRI (small blind)
  • Options
  • Options
    Good stuff here @StayOrGo. Will have another look at this over the weekend and see what I can come up with.

Question: is it important to you that it be an embeddable replayer? I'm thinking it might almost be easier to make my own custom replayer, but that obviously wouldn't be as advanced as the website we've been using.
  • Options
    markycashmarkycash Member Posts: 2,837
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,339
    This is awesome @NOSTRI, perhaps, if you have a spare 15 minutes could you fix the glitches in Sky's software?

Just a few examples and in no particular order -

1.Missing the first few hands of every MTT or DYM before it can be bothered to load.
    2.Site crashing when online poker becomes really busy
    3.Losing virtually your whole stack when moving tables only for it to return the next hand
    4.Gaining loads of chips when moving tables only for them to disappear the next hand
    5.@MattBates

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Enut said:

This is awesome @NOSTRI, perhaps, if you have a spare 15 minutes could you fix the glitches in Sky's software?

1.Missing the first few hands of every MTT or DYM before it can be bothered to load.
    3.Losing virtually your whole stack when moving tables only for it to return the next hand
    4.Gaining loads of chips when moving tables only for them to disappear the next hand
    5.@MattBates

Thanks in advance.

There is currently another major bug where my flush draws always miss. I'll get to this list after I've sorted that one out.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,339
    NOSTRI said:

Enut said:

5.@MattBates

Thanks in advance.

There is currently another major bug where my flush draws always miss. I'll get to this list after I've sorted that one out.
    You just need to play your flush draws against me, they should hit then. :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    NOSTRI said:

Good stuff here @StayOrGo. Will have another look at this over the weekend and see what I can come up with.

Question: is it important to you that it be an embeddable replayer? I'm thinking it might almost be easier to make my own custom replayer, but that obviously wouldn't be as advanced as the website we've been using.

Hi @NOSTRI

You'd know better than me, (I was an IT solution architect/systems analyst by trade not a coder) however writing a whole new re-player, seems a lot of work.

I would have thought using one that already exists would be easier, but like I said, you'd know best. Also, being selfish, the "stop before hero's next action", is really useful for me and the coaching group I meet up on Zoom with.

Whilst I think I understand what you are trying to do from a high-level/overview perspective, I don't understand the code or the detail.

I think I can figure out, given time, the data formats required for pokerhandreplays.com , as per the example in previous posts, but not how to get the code to convert the Sky Poker Data to the format required. I think I understand WHAT it needs to do, but not HOW.

So my initial thoughts would be to use the existing re-player, however, you are the one doing the work, so I would say whatever is easiest for you.

Also don't feel obliged to go down any re-player route if it is still too much work.

What you have already done is very useful for many, so no crime in stopping there.

Up to you.

Cheers,

G
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,354
    Enut said:

5.@MattBates

Thanks in advance.

in order of priority

Thanks Nozzer!
  • Options
    Maybe , when you convert to BBs , it still indicates what level the blinds are at.