You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL!

Comments

• Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL!:
    I havent got speakers for my pc yet, so not really watched any vids to see the evidence.  Like I said.  Its not that I do not believe it, I just find it hard to comprehend that volume.  Its insane, and if it is not a bot, also pretty sad lol
    Posted by OMahonyO

How is it sad if he is earning more than in another job he could be doing? 

Sound isn't required for the videos they aren't educational or anything just physically showing you how the madness looks.
  • Options
    BlackFish3BlackFish3 Member Posts: 2,418
    edited March 2010
    the video irishrover posted... the auto register software that the guy uses... lol whenever it registers the text reads weeeeeeee registered... haha, class.
  • Options
    IRISHROVERIRISHROVER Member Posts: 7,606
    edited March 2010
    the video irishrover posted... the auto register software that the guy uses... lol whenever it registers the text reads weeeeeeee registered... haha, class.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    yep had a look at that ,

what does that mean then ?
  • Options
    OMahonyOOMahonyO Member Posts: 1,883
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : How is it sad if he is earning more than in another job he could be doing?  Sound isn't required for the videos they aren't educational or anything just physically showing you how the madness looks.
    Posted by beaneh
    sad because if it is not a bot it should be.  his strat must be pretty basic, so it would not take much programming for the bot.  Buy a bot and go enjoy yourself for the day imo.

• Options
    beanehbeaneh Member Posts: 4,079
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : sad because if it is not a bot it should be.  his strat must be pretty basic, so it would not take much programming for the bot.  Buy a bot and go enjoy yourself for the day imo.
    Posted by OMahonyO

So you dont want bots  in your game but you'd rather that than someone with a very tight strategy playing themself? You don't seem to make sense or at least your not consistent.

His strategy is basic but so is the format (DYM) that he is playing, hence how that works well together!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 163,092
    edited March 2010

People have been moaning about alleged "bots" in online poker since Online poker was invented, on every forum, ad infinitum, but I've yet to see anyone say WHY, if bots are indeed being programmed to play Online, it would be a problem.

I've yet to see a scintilla of credible evidence to suggest poker bots are an issue which we should be concerned about.

Meanwhile, players see what they think is something for nothing on some Belize or Mauritius based mickey-mouse site & throw their money at them! 
  • Options
    ACESOVER8sACESOVER8s Member Posts: 1,307
    edited March 2010
    People have been moaning about alleged "bots" in online poker since Online poker was invented, on every forum, ad infinitum , but I've yet to see anyone say WHY, if bots are indeed being programmed to play Online, it would be a problem. I've yet to see a scintilla of credible evidence to suggest poker bots are an issue which we should be concerned about. Meanwhile, players see what they think is something for nothing on some Belize or Mauritius based mickey-mouse site & throw their money at them! 
    Posted by Tikay10
    I may be way off base with this comment as if so i'm sure someone will put me right in no uncertain terms BUT...... lol

..... I once read that the majority if not all bots operate at limit poker tables. Something to do with the predictability of the odds v's pot etc. If true this would mean that i would have no worries about bot's as i detest limit poker lol

Also as TK says bots would not be a problem. If they are programed to make money based on the maths of odds etc then by betting certain amounts you can simply force a fold? Or am i wrong
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : I may be way off base with this comment as if so i'm sure someone will put me right in no uncertain terms BUT...... lol ..... I once read that the majority if not all bots operate at limit poker tables. Something to do with the predictability of the odds v's pot etc. If true this would mean that i would have no worries about bot's as i detest limit poker lol Also as TK says bots would not be a problem. If they are programed to make money based on the maths of odds etc then by betting certain amounts you can simply force a fold? Or am i wrong
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    This.

If bots existed, it would be very simple to disrupt their "predicted thinking", but frankly, I've never once believed they do, it's just "old wives tales".

Think motive. And as no credible motive exists, why should bots exist?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : So you dont want bots  in your game but you'd rather that than someone with a very tight strategy playing themself? You don't seem to make sense or at least your not consistent. His strategy is basic but so is the format (DYM) that he is playing, hence how that works well together!
    Posted by beaneh

I never said I did not want bots in my game.  I am unsure which way to go on this as I`m pretty sure if you knew you had a bot at your table it would be exploitable.
    Im not really committing myself either way on this atm on wether I would want/mind one at my table or not.  Its just if it were me, and i found out I could get a bot to do this for me 14hrs / day, I would get one.  He cant really be enjoying himself but who knows maybe he is.

Since this thread went up, I have been looking into these bots, and its pretty fascinating what goes on tbh.  Definitely an eye opener.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : This. If bots existed, it would be very simple to disrupt their "predicted thinking", but frankly, I've never once believed they do, it's just "old wives tales". Think motive. And as no credible motive exists, why should bots exist?
    Posted by Tikay10

Are you saying bots dont exist? and there is no motive.?

I am quite a sceptic but I`m pretty sure they exist and are being used A LOT.  I hear they will only work at the micros, maybe nl25 and below.

The motive - you dont even need a winning bot, so long as it breaks even you can go bonus whooring and have a steady rakeback payment.  A certain site I hear is offering $1100 sign up bonus.  So yeah there is a motive.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : Are you saying bots dont exist? and there is no motive.? I am quite a sceptic but I`m pretty sure they exist and are being used A LOT.  I hear they will only work at the micros, maybe nl25 and below. The motive - you dont even need a winning bot, so long as it breaks even you can go bonus whooring and have a steady rakeback payment.  A certain site I hear is offering $1100 sign up bonus.  So yeah there is a motive.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Yes.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : Are you saying bots dont exist? and there is no motive.? I am quite a sceptic but I`m pretty sure they exist and are being used A LOT.  I hear they will only work at the micros, maybe nl25 and below. The motive - you dont even need a winning bot, so long as it breaks even you can go bonus whooring and have a steady rakeback payment.  A certain site I hear is offering $1100 sign up bonus.  So yeah there is a motive.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    A bot should work at any stake, any whatsoever as the only programable thing would be the maths. as it would be a programe it's not going to play scared at higher levels. A bot can't read people, can't decide to make a move, can't do anything but work to the most optimal play the maths allows. As such NL Holdem would be too variable a game to put a maths bot into as the opponent can alter the odds thus forcing the fold. Omaha i presume would be impossible due to the combinations available and the nuts only ever being temporary

The only way a bot would work is to play limit (irrelivant of stake) where there is a fixed bet and the best hand wins - that way the bot could work out reasonably accuratly the most optimum play v's odds and calculating in how big the final pot / bet would be.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There are many sites offering to sell bots but i don't beleive everything the internet tells me. I had 4 e-mails this morning telling me that a Nigerian General wnats me to accept $500,000,000 into my bank account for which he'll pay me $50,000,000. I'll not be replying to that either :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Your logic is flawed, with due respect.

If bots existed, how would they be made? Correct. A piece of software. Pieces of clever software cost money to make once, & can then be replicated indefinitely (& sold) at almost no cost. See "windows" operating software, which costs less than $1 a copy to make.

So if it were credible, &, as you suggest, they could all bonus grind all day & night for ever, every single poker site would be chock-full of them. And yet, in the 12 or 13 years since I've known Online Poker - pretty much since it began - not one soul has ever provided one shred of credible evidence that they exist. Do you know how many Clients a site like, say, PokerStars, or Sky Poker, has signed up? And yet not one of them (us) have ever detected one of these bots......

Anyway, we all believe what we believe, & each to their own. People watch Big Brother, go to the movies, buy "The Sun" or the Daily Mail", there's no accounting for taste!

Happy bot-hunting.

But this is Sky Poker, & I state as a fact, there are no bots here. End of. 
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There are many sites offering to sell bots but i don't beleive everything the internet tells me. I had 4 e-mails this morning telling me that a Nigerian General wnats me to accept $500,000,000 into my bank account for which he'll pay me $50,000,000. I'll not be replying to that either :)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    But some folks actually fall for this sort of nonsense! And then complaain that they have been ripped off....

Go figure.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

LOL (I`ll do it)
  • Options
    MereNoviceMereNovice Member Posts: 4,364
    edited March 2010

In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : A bot should work at any stake, any whatsoever as the only programable thing would be the maths. as it would be a programe it's not going to play scared at higher levels. A bot can't read people, can't decide to make a move, can't do anything but work to the most optimal play the maths allows. As such NL Holdem would be too variable a game to put a maths bot into as the opponent can alter the odds thus forcing the fold. Omaha i presume would be impossible due to the combinations available and the nuts only ever being temporary The only way a bot would work is to play limit (irrelivant of stake) where there is a fixed bet and the best hand wins - that way the bot could work out reasonably accuratly the most optimum play v's odds and calculating in how big the final pot / bet would be.
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    I've stated many times on this forum that I am unconcerned about the use of bots on this site or any other.
    However I do believe that they are used (certainly on other sites) and there are reasons why people might want to use them.
    My view is that they would be most beneficial at low stakes PLO.

It would be an interesting "intellectual" challenge to create one but I have never done so.

The benefit of bots is that, if programmed correctly, they do not make simple (and major) odds based errors. Since many real players do make these types of mistakes, this is an edge for the bot.

It is also not true to say that bots can only play based on mathematical odds. A well designed bot would be able to use knowledge gained from playing players much more efficiently than another "real" player would since it does not suffer from memory losses or subjective judgements.

Against top players (and those capable of varying their game sufficiently), I would say that a bot has no edge.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I agree tikay that there are no bots on sky as you would probably need a download version.  Like I said Im a sceptic, and have seen all the scams, hole card readers , get aces every hand (lolol) and the like.  But bots exist, maybe not here.

• Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : I've stated many times on this forum that I am unconcerned about the use of bots on this site or any other. However I do believe that they are used (certainly on other sites) and there are reasons why people might want to use them. My view is that they would be most beneficial at low stakes PLO. It would be an interesting "intellectual" challenge to create one but I have never done so. The benefit of bots is that, if programmed correctly, they do not make simple (and major) odds based errors. Since many real players do make these types of mistakes, this is an edge for the bot. It is also not true to say that bots can only play based on mathematical odds. A well designed bot would be able to use knowledge gained from playing players much more efficiently than another "real" player would since it does not suffer from memory losses or subjective judgements. Against top players (and those capable of varying their game sufficiently), I would say that a bot has no edge.
    Posted by MereNovice
    I'll bow to superior knowledge on this one Mere lol, i'm unconcerned about bots and although they have been "Doing The Rounds" of internet poker stories for years i've never come across a site i felt i was playing against one (this i suppose would be the point of them lol).

By saying the advantage of using a bot is it will not make simple of major odds based errors is that not kind of saying that they will play by the maths though?

Anyway i'm satisfied that if they are out there they would be much like a virus - for every new one created a new security measure becomes available

(in fact i'm pretty sure the same guys making the anti virus packages are the ones making the virus but thats my sceptical nature lol)
  • Options
    timebomb10timebomb10 Member Posts: 202
    edited March 2010
    can i just add to this topic , boku87 type it on google theres a video on him playing 50 tables at a time while he was doing a challenge so as apposed to cheating hes probably not . That been said there are such things as super users who can see whole cards , absoulte poker and ultimatbet poker this has happened on thats all i know of there names are pottripper and nionio if you want to search in google . these types of players get gready and thats why they get caught there bb/100 is ridiculous