You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Live Podcast with Matt Bates - Monday 24th August at 19:30

Comments

• Options
    AB0151AB0151 Member Posts: 275
    How do your stats compare on Stars with presumably full ring and antes (and obvs bigger player pool)?
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Thanks for all the feedback guys - your engagement and enthusiasm for this has been hugely appreciated.

There have been an awful lot of questions posted so apologies in advance if we don't quite manage to cover everything, but will give it a good go!

Just to remind you all, I'll be going live at 18:30 with a bit of action from the Sky cash tables before Matt joins the stream at 19:30. If you're new to the world of Twitch you'll need to sign up for a free account if you want to use the live chat feature, but you don't need an account of any kind just to watch. All the action will be taking place here: https://twitch.tv/duesenberg123

Finally, for any Twitter uses out there, I have a new(ish) Twitter account for all things stream related so drop me a follow if you'd like to be kept up to date about future streams: https://twitter.com/duesenberg123
  • Options
    giesahaungiesahaun Member Posts: 116
    gl for a good show. Very much looking forward to it. Time has flown since Matt was a guest on the Skypoker tv show. On the forum Matt did a Q & A session "Matt Bates In The Well" which covered the type of questions posted here but that was in 2014 when he was still part-time and now he is a full-time pro is even more of a crusher. Still, I would recommend all to have a read of the forum post.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,616
    giesahaun said:

gl for a good show. Very much looking forward to it. Time has flown since Matt was a guest on the Skypoker tv show. On the forum Matt did a Q & A session "Matt Bates In The Well" which covered the type of questions posted here but that was in 2014 when he was still part-time and now he is a full-time pro is even more of a crusher. Still, I would recommend all to have a read of the forum post.

@giesahaun

Good spot.

Once he's done his podcast thing tonight, I'll bump that thread, will be a good follow up.

• Options
    giesahaungiesahaun Member Posts: 116
    @Tikay10 on the ball as always. Bumping the thread will be great as thread has been edited since I printed off a copy of the thread. The donkey down the well is new!
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,616
    edited August 2020
    giesahaun said:

@Tikay10 on the ball as always. Bumping the thread will be great as thread has been edited since I printed off a copy of the thread. The donkey down the well is new!

@giesahaun

I've bumped it now, seems to make sense & might add some bants to the poddy.

@Duesenberg

@MattBates

It's here;

Matt Bates In The Well

• Options
    Well that was fun! It turns out that @MattBates might just be the only man on earth able to make make Neil Channing seem like a quiet untalkative type :D.

Massive thanks to Matt for doing this and being such a great guest. Also huge thanks to all who watched, followed, subscribed, posted in this thread and anything else I may have missed along the way.

At some point over the next few days I'll get this up on Youtube but, for now, it's available at the link below for those that couldn't make it to the live showing - all 6h 41m of it... :o

https://twitch.tv/videos/720232179
  • Options
    CammykazeCammykaze Member Posts: 1,397
    edited August 2020
    Well done both.

Thanks for getting this together Duesenberg and thank you Matt for offering your opinions and sharing stories.

Enjoyed the flow of the chat and looked like two friends talking, very natural.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,638
    Over 6 hrs eh, I thought only women talked for that long 😉
    Wp the both of you
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,015
    Well done both, really enjoyed listening to @MattBates stories. I couldn't stick around til the end as had to be up early. What time did you finish?
  • Options
    glencoeladglencoelad Member Posts: 1,505
    Great podcast lads, really enjoyed the flow and insight to your road to glory Matt.
  • Options
    Itsover4uItsover4u Member Posts: 1,534
    going to give it a watch now whilst going about my working day :)
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Really enjoyed it. Top class content.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Haven't finished stream yet. It's loooong! Will finish it later.

I do wonder about Bates' gymnastics tho. I cannot picture him doing that one where they dance about in the middle!
  • Options
    Stream is great all the way but I think as you 2 seemed to drink more it got better.

So, going forward you should drink half a bottle of Bells before each stream.
  • Options
    'Dwayne Johnson is the best actor ever'

• Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,370
    Was a thoroughly enjoyable stream , the alcohol seemed to smooth things over.

Did Dues compensate for lost earnings?
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,238
    Gr8 stream guys

Didn,t quite make it to the end either but very interesting stuff

Who's next Duese?
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    I hope people enjoyed it and it sounds like people did. It is hard talking away hoping people are enjoying what you are saying while also making sure you are answering the questions people ask in the chat. I think agreeing to a words based remuneration deal was a smart move by me!
  • Options
    mumsie said:

Was a thoroughly enjoyable stream , the alcohol seemed to smooth things over.

Did Dues compensate for lost earnings?

Matt saved money last night with his free appearance on the stream. Monday's are the one day of the week he's -EV in the MTT pool due to the fact it's the one night of the week that I'm guaranteed to be playing ;).