You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Why is this site so false,

Answers

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475
    edited December 2020
    "misterpj stop posting this fake news and start showing the equity correctly"

He's been asked to do this countless times. No poker player ever, anywhere, measures it the way he does. It's not clear what point he's trying to make but he's doing himself no favours. He might be kidding himself but he's not kidding anyone else.
  • Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    i love how someone put a post up about the site and misterpj carpet bomb it with bad beats
  • Options
    lfccarl said:

i love how someone put a post up about the site and misterpj carpet bomb it with bad beats

Does it every single time.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,148
    misterpj said:

Well, I will, add this, for the Defense,..

That's, the defence, of non GLEE CLUB members, and any, rather (real world) very, VERY good, no limit hold em players..

Do, please, step up, and COMMENT

as, you all, well know, I could post, a ZILLION..

but, will post, for the defence, simply 2 (that's two) tournament exit hands, of the standard variety, in the last two days.
    Funnily enough, the first, was a 300 runner bounty hunter, only 12 players left, hand, for the chip lead, not much of a hand!, simply best pre, improve flop, turn,.. Guess, the rest!
    Or, 3 hours deep,.. %s!!
    Lol, and LOL, an 87% river special rinse, for the chip lead, and,AND lol, lol and lol..
    near, 3 hours deep, smack bang on the bubble.. Flopped SET 92% good

Have you got?
    The bottle, to debate? Doubt it...?
    Now, the 'best' no limit hold em tourney play, your Moulah Benji, used too, past tense, have..
    Oddlems, to say.. As do, the challenged, Disciples...
    that misterpj, can't play no limit, refuses, To darn rite REFUSES!!!! help..
    Pull, my, chain.... For the very last, ever time ๐Ÿ˜โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹

Hand 1 bounty hunter, 2 1/2 hours deep, for the Crown Jewels, and outright chip lead

and, 3 hours deep. Bubble hand..
    A mere, FLOPPED SET, A MERE 92% good

TK says VARIA RINSE!!! (there is a Christmas Cracker... I'll, hold it, for NOW ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜˜)
    MATT BATES says misterpj refuses to accept he is a diabolical no limit hold em player
    misterpj says.. Absolute ๐Ÿ˜‰ ULTIMATE ๐Ÿ˜‰ utter..... `round objects'

Who? U gonna believe?.. GHOST BUSTERS ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹๐Ÿ’‹

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,182
    Tikay10 said:

lfccarl said:

Does it every single time.
    Actually MOST are NOT bad beats which is the real sad part.

I actually like Paul but the incessant hand posts are a little much.
  • Options
    misterpjmisterpj Member Posts: 3,204
    Another, crackerjack (lol)
    So, we reach, the very final hand, in a timed tournament.
    3 players, in the pot.
    Pocket Cards
    K Q suited Spades (that player, a Poker Ghumbass๐Ÿ˜‰) turned top pair top kicker on a 2 6 8 flop, reckon, he or she needs a Poker Coach ๐Ÿ˜‰
    And, 3 5 off suit, And 2 2,
    Pocket Deuces must have thought Christmas, come early, flopped Set, 91% good,very last hand, and biggest pot of the tournament (lovely stuff)

Two 'sides' to every 'story' my lurvlies

• Options
    Played, not a single hand of Poker, since the above, to this, a bounty hunter.

Need, I say more

• Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    Last hand of a timed tournament and you limp, oh dear ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    stokefc said:

Last hand of a timed tournament and you limp, oh dear ๐Ÿ˜ณ

In fact he began the hand with 8.5 Bigs & limped THREE TIMES.

Here's the full result of that Timed Tourney;

magill86 8525 1 ยฃ12.78
    lewiszac 8200 2 ยฃ12.30
    cyall 4724.99 3 ยฃ7.08
    Dalhanna 3275 4 ยฃ4.91
    leski 2075.01 5 ยฃ3.11
    bampot 1700 6 ยฃ2.56
    graham1248 1500 7 ยฃ2.26
    misterpj 0 8
    Mickyo16 0 9
    Vladbag 0 10
    kennee 0 11
    Lenno64 0 12
    Megsy 0 13
    Whocarez 0 14
    DAZZABOY28 0 15

If he'd played the final hand properly, he'd have been in the money. Instead, he let 3-5 man get there. He only has to blow on the pot on the flop & 3-5 man folds, simple as that.
  • Options
    lfccarllfccarl Member Posts: 1,489
    @misterpj like the fact you recommend other for poker coaching when you need it
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited December 2020
    misterpj said:

Played, not a single hand of Poker, since the above, to this, a bounty hunter.

Need, I say more

Seriously, just give up playing poker. ****' moan moan moan moan moan. And stop putting commas everywhere.
  • Options
    craigcu12craigcu12 Member Posts: 3,960
    misterpj said:

Another, crackerjack (lol)
    So, we reach, the very final hand, in a timed tournament.
    3 players, in the pot.
    Pocket Cards
    K Q suited Spades (that player, a Poker Ghumbass๐Ÿ˜‰) turned top pair top kicker on a 2 6 8 flop, reckon, he or she needs a Poker Coach ๐Ÿ˜‰
    And, 3 5 off suit, And 2 2,
    Pocket Deuces must have thought Christmas, come early, flopped Set, 91% good,very last hand, and biggest pot of the tournament (lovely stuff)

Two 'sides' to every 'story' my lurvlies

This post is a nice one I can see you play strength passive..
  • Options
    mushroom1mushroom1 Member Posts: 645
    Regarding the whole flip-turned-87%'er, @Tikay10 and @MattBates are correct.

However, there is a side-plot, here. Not all flip losses are equal. For one, the specifics of a lost hand can have an impact in future play.

I can't remember who said or wrote it, but there is definitely truth in this probably mis-remembered quote...

It's not how you played the hand where you were unlucky, but how you play the following hand.

It doesn't even have to be an unlucky loss, it works it changing it to...

It's not how you played the big losing hand....

Mindset is a much underrated factor in the analysis of, almost all, forms of competition.

In his fascinating Book of Poker Tells, Mike Caro suggests that poker games are in a constant state of flux. He tells of an experiment carried out (now some time ago) in America which explains the concept well.

Is anyone familiar with this? You may have a better recollection of the specifics than I do.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    mushroom1 said:

Regarding the whole flip-turned-87%'er, @Tikay10 and @MattBates are correct.

However, there is a side-plot, here. Not all flip losses are equal. For one, the specifics of a lost hand can have an impact in future play.

I can't remember who said or wrote it, but there is definitely truth in this probably mis-remembered quote...

It's not how you played the hand where you were unlucky, but how you play the following hand.

It doesn't even have to be an unlucky loss, it works it changing it to...

It's not how you played the big losing hand....

Mindset is a much underrated factor in the analysis of, almost all, forms of competition.

In his fascinating Book of Poker Tells, Mike Caro suggests that poker games are in a constant state of flux. He tells of an experiment carried out (now some time ago) in America which explains the concept well.

Is anyone familiar with this? You may have a better recollection of the specifics than I do.

I agree, when you constantly have 10bb or less there is a big impact on losing an all in.
  • Options
    NChanningNChanning Member Posts: 854
    I have just one question...no need for a long answer of more than three characters...what percentage of the time do you think 92% chances SHOULD win?
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,501
    NChanning said:

I have just one question...no need for a long answer of more than three characters...what percentage of the time do you think 92% chances SHOULD win?

He'll be along in a minute, but I would like to nominate MisterPJ as.............

............. "Forum Personality of the Year"......... 2020.

& entered into the Hall of Fame with plaque in Sky Broadway Ave

• Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    Nice to see that the hand with 0% equity on the turn didnโ€™t win, now that would finally be a bad beat worth seeing.
  • Options
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹

• Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    nothing makes me happier than a misterpj post.
  • Options
    mushroom1mushroom1 Member Posts: 645
    NChanning said:

Neil "Bad Beat" Channing must, surely, know the answer to this?