You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£10 to £1k and subsequent 7@7 back to zero. Back to complete this and move on to the next.

Comments

• Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Enut said:

Nice one @coo1-um, well done to hang on for day two. Let's hope we can both get a double up pretty quickly when play resumes.

A better idea would have been not to donk half my stack off in the last level. Guess that’s how I play so I’m going to have to live with it. Good luck for later
  • Options
    IrishRoseIrishRose Member Posts: 1,663
    coo1-um said:

Day 1 Complete.
    we Resume tomorrow with 12BB sitting 107/109.

Still not bad for a free prize draw entry.

Best of luck tonight - and congrats on your head prizes x
  • Options
    Early double up with A 4 o/s in BB, SB went all in having played a few hands early.
  • Options
    out 85th.
    You win some, you lose some.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    coo1-umSmall blind2000.002000.0077438.00
    dopyBig blind4000.006000.00178219.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    EssexphilFold
    BloomDogFold
    supercrazyFold
    coo1-umAll-in77438.0083438.000.00
    dopyCall75438.00158876.00102781.00
    coo1-umShow
    • A
    dopyShow
    Flop
    • A
    • J
    Turn
    River
    dopyWinFlush to the Ace158876.00261657.00
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    That's a really tough run out, wp though and a good addition to the bank roll.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    End of January balance. £151.94
    Sounds impressive but in reality it’s not really.
    £16 from rewards freerolls.
    £9.20 weekly tokens
    £150 from free entry in online SPT
    £10 Starting bankroll.

Still think I’m still not playing the right games at the right times and having an overlap of game types. The main problem us the DYM turbo games often as these progress you should be pushing with any 2 depending on stacks and position.

Signed up for league 1 in this months promotion so will be playing a few more DYMs and seeing how many points the daily games get.
  • Options
    nice surprise to see the free £2.30 token i was expected was £7.30 due to finishing 7th in last months triple takedown.
    As 7 is the number of the day. better play the 7 at 7 with this.

Im never sure how these mixed tokens are used i been stung with the £2.30 before as on mobile is uses it automatically.

Will be throwing in more £2 , £3 and £5 DYM this week.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I have been trying to update this for a while but when other things take priority and nothing really is happening either way its difficult to find the motivation.
    On review of January i found an additional 16p which had slipped down the side of the keyboard. Donking my funds off clearing my account prior to the new year my plan was to deposit £10 and then i would have a fixed figure to work with, but the vegas prize machine and an additional win off a £5 free bet for a 10p stake on sky bet have messed with the figures (at least its in a good way)

So in summary since the last update the figures look like this.

Seems like the Bounty Hunter games are the ones that have let me down most, not sure if its the chasing of bounties that has helped with this, i guess its something i should look at.
    The DYM's have been mostly played single table.

Over the next week or so its single tables DYM and PLO8, + the freerolls, dont play many of the 6.00pm sunday major freeroll but when i do it is usually quick.

All tale of 2 game types.

Before i go lets have a look at plo8 so far this year. The orange line been non Bounty Hunter grey line Bounty Hunter with the Blue line all games.

• Options
    Recent play below, the balance is dwindling a little but i'm sure it will come good.
    Little different approach this week going to stick to one game type per night.
    No limit tournaments today, up to 6 tables, starting with a few sats.

• Options
    edited March 2021
    Is it possible to do a full game reset? forget the things you know you shouldn't be doing or do actually do the things you know you should.

The last week has not been kind.

The problem with DYM's are a few losses in a row and it can hit you hard.
    Prior to February i had not played any £5.50 DYM games. February in total showed 49 wins 36 losses in the turbo's and 18 wins 13 losses in the standard showing a slight profit in each.
    The early sats have also shown a profit so will stick with those, may need to drop the 7@7 for a while and maybe throw in only the odd £5.50 Tournament.

The introduction of the Golden Ticket promotion may add play, although 7 days will be hard to achieve, i just need to be more careful now as my balance dwindles.

Still showing a Profit over £90in the year so working on the positive at the moment.

Maybe i need to have a few daily updates to keep my mind in check.

*edit, missed some Turbos out of my first post
  • Options
  • Options
    Thought i would update just to say i wont be updating the balance / games played version at least not just yet, i don't have the inclination to trawl though the games to see where i am losing most although i know this should be what i should be doing.

Current balance is around £40 so still 4x up on the starting stack but going in the wrong direction again.
    3 Months of game play off a tenner isn't too bad, although i did hope this would help me focus but i have slipped back into my old ways, i have cut back somewhat however.

Why?
    • Playing too many concurrent games up to 6
    • Playing different game types at once
    • Not knowing where i am in a game never mind in a hand
    • Being far too trigger happy
    • Lack of basic play conception
    There are many many more reasons i'm sure.

Over the next week i plan to max 2 table and post a daily update as again this did help with my overall focus. Looks like i will have to miss out on UKOPS although even if i have £22.01 the PLO8 game could be far too tempting to miss. a £2.30 token is due on Monday and i do have an £11 ticket from the excellently ran PLO8 Midweek BH League.

Earlier this week i found that i was not able to join any of the low limits cash tables as they were coming up as 'Beginners only tables' this has now being rectified not sure what the problem was but in my own i am certain that @coo1-um has being reinstated as a beginner on sky poker's own database, and i can expect some 'beginners luck' over the next few weeks so i would like to thanks @Sky_James for my upcoming beginners luck in advance.

Good luck at the tables.
  • Options
    An uneventful Saturday when a trip to the £0.10 / £0.20 just about covered losses elsewhere, was followed by a no game Sunday at least there were no losses there.
    So onto today, Monday, only playing a max 2 tables is hard for me especially as with the forum takedown you need to play 3 games, which do at a point run concurrently.
    First up was the Sheriff Micro sat for which the weekly token was used. Ended when heads up where a flip was lost with fairly even chipstacks.
    The sheriff micro was run along side the rewards freeroll which had total entries of 969 there were about 250 left when I reg'd the forum takedown 1.
    Updating as I play. Thoughts below.
    20:18 Going well in both games 12/21 in the freeroll, above average in takedown 1
    20:24 12/14 and all in with pockets 5's in the small blind folds take me to 7/14 top 8 receive UKOPS tickets so that has to be the goal
    20:26 UTG push with A J gets through, maybe a little loose but ave stack only 8BB
    20:28 6/11 after a push from the button gets through. time to be careful.
    20:30 5/9 dropping like flies. Still about average in takedown 1
    20:33 push with pocket 8's with the BB all in pre. 4/8 new 'begineers luck' kicking in.
    20:37 7/7 and 3BB (ave 7BB) push with 66 gets throygh 4/6
    20:39 call push with AQ in the BB then lose some back in the next hand 5/5 5BB, below ave now in takedown 1
    20:41 another 3BB push gets through followed by A 5 push called by A 9 and out in 5th for £15 and £110 main event seat.

Time for takedown 2
  • Options
    20:55 Break with 20mins late reg left for takedown 3 and 1/59 in takedown 1 44/72 in takedown 2 may be forced to play 3 games
  • Options
    21:58 Break
    Takedown 3 came and went with a 33rd of 78 place finish
    Still in Takedown 1 5/22 and Takedown 2 (18/33)
  • Options
    22:34 Out in 20th Takedown 2 pays 15, Still in takedown 1, currently 3rd of 7. at least I have made a bit today
    22:45 just the 1 game 5/5 still 18BB. Omaha HI LO is tempting for late reg.
    22:50 picked up Ats in the big blind and decide to call a small blind push, hold to move 3 of 5.
    22:55 Break 3 of 5, Omaha late reg incoming.
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    Well done on getting a UKOPS main event seat @coo1-um - always good to get a free shot at a big tourney and an opportunity to give your bankroll a huge boost. Glad the chips you won from me went to good use! :smile:
  • Options
    23:00 Double up as Aces hold, up to 2nd. In omaha Hi lo.
    23:04 2 of 4 in takedown 1, 21 entrants in plo8 means it pays 5.
    23:17 Pocket Jacks all in against thedazzman's pocket tens, what could go wrong for the chip lead, I guess quad tens on the flop, down to less than 2BB out in 4th next hand for £16.79
    out in 7th in the plo8 difficult when you are on the 3 handed table
    Decent night at last, nothing tomorrow back Wednesday for some PLO8
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    coo1-um said:

23:00 Double up as Aces hold, up to 2nd. In omaha Hi lo.
    23:04 2 of 4 in takedown 1, 21 entrants in plo8 means it pays 5.
    23:17 Pocket Jacks all in against thedazzman's pocket tens, what could go wrong for the chip lead, I guess quad tens on the flop, down to less than 2BB out in 4th next hand for £16.79
    out in 7th in the plo8 difficult when you are on the 3 handed table
    Decent night at last, nothing tomorrow back Wednesday for some PLO8

Sorry about that.

I couldn't even manage to stay in for much longer than that. My top two pair KT went all in on the turn against that guy who had the huge stack for most of the time, with KJ, only for a J to pop up on the river.

Congrats again on winning the seat.
  • Options
    mcglynn07mcglynn07 Member Posts: 154
    edited March 2021
    Cool 1 um really interesting to read your posts. This is the true grind you are putting yourself through and you seem devoted to all the game types which must be very hard to juggle when playing different formats It is a massive part on the back from me as you are doing really well with how you have multiplied your bankroll 9x at present so I wish you all the luck. I would just say to you to try and go over some hands before you play the main event. It is clear you know how to last in games but putting yourself in certain spots will help you with your thoughts in game.
    Like we raise
    AcKc But into blinds board 2d3c4d ch ch we bet we get raised? Pot stacks decision?
    But R 2.5x we SB Kdks we RR But flats Flop AcAh3d we cbet But shoves for 2x pot.
    We raise C/o ThTd 2.5x But flats Fl 5d6s7h we bet But RR.
    It's just putting yourself in different situations and deciding best action to take where spot is super close but it's for lots of chips against certain player types based upon what you have seen them do recently. This would be my best advice to you to give yourself a boost mentally before the main event.
    I really hope you're poker journey is super exciting from here on in. I am sure that 2021 will be one of the best for you yet.
    Good luck with it.
    Danny