You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

£10 to £1k and subsequent 7@7 back to zero. Back to complete this and move on to the next.

Comments

• Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Thanks for all the comments and its nice to see some do actually read.

Going into this month i had a fiver and a few loose pennies rattling around in my account, so its fair to say i have had worse months at the tables.

Its proof that as a recreational player you can get lucky sometimes.

Now where do i go from here, via a visit to the 'withdrawal button' i guess its continue as normal although my increased volume over the past week is likely to be reigned in somewhat.

Its always puzzled me why more players do not play the satellites and after seeing @thedazzman on every table i knew that this would affect my own perceived edge in these games, especially the micro sats. fortunately i got lucky in the right one.

More than happy with a 2nd place in the sheriff, the players who play these are on a different level and props to the eventual winner @loololollo who having position on me on the final table applied the right pressure at the right times giving me little options, down to the final 3 i knew it was time to either fight back a little or risk getting blinded out.

Still not sure if i played the final hand correctly and i don't think i'm good enough to find the fold, should i have read enough from the Turn call to know i'm beat, i have no regrets about the way i played it, right or wrong.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    loolololloSmall blind800.00800.0082899.00
    coo1-umBig blind1600.002400.0079701.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • J
    loolololloRaise2400.004800.0080499.00
    coo1-umRaise4800.009600.0074901.00
    loolololloCall3200.0012800.0077299.00
    Flop
    coo1-umBet4800.0017600.0070101.00
    loolololloCall4800.0022400.0072499.00
    Turn
    coo1-umBet11200.0033600.0058901.00
    loolololloCall11200.0044800.0061299.00
    River
    • J
    coo1-umCheck
    loolololloAll-in61299.00106099.000.00
    coo1-umAll-in58901.00165000.000.00
    loolololloUnmatched bet2398.00162602.002398.00
    loolololloShow
    coo1-umShow
    • A
    • J
    loolololloWinThree 3s162602.00165000.00
  • Options
    Can't catch a break, time to call it a night.
    Not even any black on the board as i missed the rewards freeroll.

• Options
    safc71safc71 Member Posts: 1,541
    Well played on turning £5 and loose change into over £500 and a SPT seat. Just need to get a good cash in the SPT and challenge over ;) .
    Good luck you deserve it @coo1-um .
  • Options
    Online SPT went ok, bit up and down managed to take 2 bounties, both in the same hand.
    Dealt pocket Aces for the second time (The previous flopped Quads and got little action) UTG min raised, i opted to flat considering their was plenty of 3 betting from the latter positions, Lowest stack went all in, UTG pushed had them both covered so snap called and they held.
    668 points for the week means £6.68 cash bonus, thinking of taking advantage of the double points in June by lowering my play, too much in the last week chasing the points but i guess that paid off somewhat. an effective 25pts for Rewards Freeroll entry will boost the figures back up to over 1000 i would imagine though so less benefit there.

• Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    Ha, good stuff. I pop in here every so often to see how you are going, and it is normally made £10, lost £10. Great surge in the last week or so. Good luck getting there.
  • Options
    Another month is among us. I’m sorry to see the last one go.
    Tonight will see a little plo8 as I try to maintain a spot at the midweek league summit. Possibly the 7 at 7 as that seems to be my latest nemesis tournament, and maybe a few micro masters games, seems like much better format now for players only playing 2 or 3 evening to have more of a chance.
  • Options
    Doooobs said:

Ha, good stuff. I pop in here every so often to see how you are going, and it is normally made £10, lost £10. Great surge in the last week or so. Good luck getting there.

Thanks is always hard to gauge if people actually read this so it’s good to get the occasional comment.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Missed the rewards freeroll for the second night running, this time because i was embroiled in the Sunday Major freeroll final table, a game which I usually play once or twice a week but don’t report as it only pays 3 seats. This was my 30th attempt of the year and follows one previously reported near miss. Sunday Major seat secured the rest could not have gone much worse. The slide only stopping as i jumped off as it spiralled downwards.
    Not planning on chasing the double points promo but it helped here as i would not have had enough points to play the sunday major freeroll, sometimes little things like that help.
    *Edit. Wednesday to Friday turbo dyms and a few freerolls. Put a loss limit of £50 on it.

• Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    It's great to read that you will be playing this week's Sunday Major.

Like you, I try to play that freeroll a few times a week. I have surprisingly managed to win a seat twice from it. So it's well worth playing it. There's also far fewer entrants than the Rewards Freeroll.

I hope you do better in the Major than I did when I qualified. With a bit of luck and solid play, we could maybe see the end of this challenge when you surpass the £1000 mark this Sunday.

I shall be following. Good luck
  • Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    Just catching up on the last few updates @coo1-um. Great to read that you took a few bounties from your SPT free entry and well done on winning a Sunday Major seat - hopefully you can run deep and reach your £1000 goal, although part of me doesn't want your challenge to finish yet as I'm enjoying the updates. Best of luck bud.
  • Options
    DYM's have not gone too well overall but will get a cash bonus on Monday.
    Lets see what the Major thinks tomorrow. To be honest i don't really have time for him

• Options
    The Major is due today,

• Options
    On a day when the Major came, i'm sure he left taking a few tournament buy ins with him.
    On a positive note the £5.50 Turbo DYM's turned a profit

A guess this is where i take a step back and reassess, no its where i fire up the tournaments again tonight and plough on, we must be due a win somewhere.

Over 1000 points last week is little consolation but will add some funds back in.
  • Options

Seems like this challenge has not helped me and I am still playing / treating the game like I always did, cant seem to swop those deep runs for decent cashes not sure what I can do with it, feels like it is burning me out.

I Cant help the fact that my brain thinks ' This is a definite fold" and by the time the message gets to my fingers i have 3x the original raiser. is that down to training / study or common sense.

Going to knock the play down a few notches. Heads up for the win in the nighty micro seems to happen to often. (i know i win my fair share, but we tend to forget about the wins) Maybe it is about study and not getting into situations as often. I really don't know.
    8 2 o/s pushes all in pre i call with A 9, blank flop, A on the turn, Flush hits the 8 on the river.
    Some players are on a completely different level.

• Options
    Not a bad thing but not had much time to play this past week had far more important things to concentrate on, so at least the losses have been controlled in some way even if that way is by not playing. With double points in place i did manage over 100 points so the token will be added in today.

• Options
    Cant really be bothered, not really feeling it, so here is last weeks games.
    Only really played Saturday when a deepish run in the mini, was ended by some 'really cant be bothered" play.
    Another steady week ahead, need to get my head into the games i play, which seems difficult at the moment not sure why, will try to stick to mostly single games.
    £2.30 token due today and an £11 Sunday mini main seat won in the weekly forum predictor thingy. Better not go into the fact that i snatched defeat from the jaws of victory there too, which seems a common theme.

• Options
    Asho28Asho28 Member Posts: 767
    @coo1-um - If you're not really feeling it at the moment, why don't you just take a small break and then come back and see how things go. If your heart isn't it it, then you're not going to play your best poker. You've done great so far in this challenge and would be shame if you started to undo the good work because you're playing games when you, as you put it, "really can't be bothered".

Only other thing I would suggest is maybe playing cash games for a change of scenery, but don't know how keen you are on those.
  • Options
    Will update tomorrow with hopefully some good news on the bankroll, not looking good and only heading one way at the moment, but we are still well in profit so thats a bonus.

Free Entry into the mini main tonight may add other games to it, not sure at the moment. Seems like i'm getting knocked out with a lot of premium hands recently, is that variance or taking too many flips, probably a bit of both. another losing session and i will have a serious think again about the way forward,

The double points promotion whilst advantageous to a lot of the DYM regulars didn't seem to do a lot for the average player lets hope that the next promotion has a little more to aim for.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,282

@coo1-um

Just to confirm, your Mini Major entry for tonight has been sorted.

Run well.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Tikay10 said:

@coo1-um

Just to confirm, your Mini Major entry for tonight has been sorted.

Run well.

Thanks. need to run well. All in pre, Aces cracked again in 7@7 tonight, think i should just fold top 5% of hands.