You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shrimpy28 Bankroll Challenge Diary

Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
A belated Happy New Year to you all, hopefully this year will be a slight improvement on the epic one we have just waved goodbye too. I welcome you to follow my progress of a small and hopefully fun challenge I've set myself. Going to start with £100 and attempt to turn it into £1,000. Why?? Simple reason is, after becoming frustrated during a session in early December, I decided to give Alvez an early Christmas present on the high stakes spin up tables, as you can imagine that went as well Donald Trump trying to prove the election was rigged! Anyway after taking some time out from the game I haven't really missed it and I want to miss it because poker is a great game, surrounded by a great community and its an escape from the stresses of being a dad to 4 children aged 7 and under. So I've set a small challenge to try and turn a hundred into a thousand by the end of the month, its ambitious but reach for the stars and all that jazz! What I'm hoping to achieve from the challenge more than the money is some discipline back into my game and enjoyment most of all, I want to find some enthusiasm for the games and if that means losing £100 at the low stakes games then bring it on!
I'll post a small write up at the end of each session with an updated results of how the challenge is going and if it flops quickly then apologises for the big song and dance!
Good luck to you at the tables, see some of you around shortly.
Shrimpy28

Comments

• Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Gl King Prawn. I'm sure you will smash it mate.
  • Options
    Ironpump1Ironpump1 Member Posts: 177
    Very best of luck dude.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    GL Shrimpster. I'm sure you'll crush it.
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Good luck Mr Prawn!
  • Options
    68Trebor68Trebor Member Posts: 1,943
    GL, what you going to be playing?
  • Options
    @68Trebor just mtt microstakes, the 18.30 5.50bh will probably be my main event for a while, cram all the 2.20s in and 3.30s if there is any, i don't really know what the micro schedule looks like, i'll post every tournament played and the result from each individual one in my daily report.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,318

Great news, always fun to read shrimpage.

VBOL
  • Options
    hoban01hoban01 Member Posts: 80
    good luck mate
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    All the very best with your challenge.

I've started my own in 2021 and we seem to be in similar poker circumstances. I shall be following with interest.
  • Options
    MP33MP33 Member Posts: 6,237
    Good luck Shrimpy
  • Options
    PRhack93PRhack93 Member Posts: 32
    good luck mate!
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,355
    Gl, hope you reach it.
  • Options
    PKRParPKRPar Member Posts: 2,233
    Good lucky shrimpy!!
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Good luck with the challenge Shrimpy
  • Options
    *** END OF SESSION UPDATE***

and breathe......
    that was tiring, hard work but we made it through a 6 hour session, managing to find 8 small stake Mtt's to battle in.
    I didn't run very well at all but I thoroughly enjoyed my battle against some of the wizards I don't normally see much on the sky streets.
    The session was looking bleak at one stage, I managed to book a red number against 6 of my 8 Mtt's and 1 of the black numbers only consisted of a 91p profit, but the 8.45 £750 bh came to my rescue, in what is the limit of my buy ins for the time being I agonisingly got 3 outered on the river to deprive me off a 1st final table of the year at the 5th time of asking, still a 7th place position was acceptable for this fish and I'm glad to say despite running fairly poorly overall and pretty much returning nothing in 7 of my 8 tourneys I managed to book a profitable session, just goes to show you only need 1 to save the night. Most importantly much fun was had, it was chilled, complimented by several cold Amstel's, and I'm ready to go again tomorrow with renewed hope and optimism.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    Good effort mate, keep it going! Will maybe reg a few of these myself and hopefully end up sharing tables at some point B)
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    Good work Shrimpy
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Well done for making it through day 1 without getting Alancarr12 to flip you for a double or quits with the whole roll.

I can't help but find the size of your desktop icons incredible tilting though!

Keep up the good work :)