You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shrimpy28 Bankroll Challenge Diary

Comments

• Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    Great start! Keep it up and long may it continue!
  • Options
    coo1-umcoo1-um Member Posts: 2,924
    Great start keep it up, no doubt you will get there in no time at all.
  • Options
    Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    edited January 2021
    ***UPDATE***
    Where do I even begin to start with that.....
    I decided to dabble in some 2.20 & 3.30 dym's at lunchtime in an attempt to increase the roll by £10-£20, but no matter what I did, I just couldn't get ahead, dropping into the nineties at one point in my balance, 6 hour grind later of purely dym's I'd mustered up a 98p profit. NEVER AGAIN!!
    I went into the evening's MTT's with hope but this was quickly distinguished by some shocking run bad, (it's always run bad when you lose)!! As the night progressed and the cards didn't feel like turning my overall play quickly nosedived which resulted in me bricking every MTT i registered, rather than bad luck. The distraction of Duesenberg streaming away, taking his hourly dose of glue and Liverpool failing to break down Southampton in the background didn't help my focus one bit it must be said.
    As the clock struck 10pm I simply couldn't be bothered to register any more tourneys, my balance was decimated at just under £70 and i felt like this could quickly turn into a damp squib. I decided to after sng dym's and MTT's had failed me, I'd give the 20nl cash games a try, i was only prepared to drop the balance to £50 and reassess the impending disaster, however things took a turn for the better, thanks to some very kind and somewhat questionable play shall we say on the small stakes cash tables, in just 45 minutes, i stood up from both my tables to realise an overall profit on the day of £13!!!
    I felt like I'd reached paradise after the previous 9 hours.
    Now this challenge was put in place by myself to chill over the coming weeks, but try and keep some discipline in order, and to my credit when I was taking a battering on the 2.20 dym's at no stage did I have any desire to move up in levels in the hope of a quick buck, but.......
    discipline was gently removed to one side as a drunken dues and co on stream decided 50p spin ups was the last orders of the day. I'd played every other format and with dues and destinycod usually in generous moods during these occasions it seemed foolish to waste such a glorious opportunity at increasing the roll, so like a madman, I sat, I saw, I came (several times) and I conquered! It was a **** of a lot of fun as it always is and if anyone who hasn't tuned in to the sky boys streaming you need to do so, top top boys all of them. Anyway once we sat up from the crazy world of the devil that is spins we booked a profit overall of 30 odd quid. Combine that with the £13 I scooped earlier and it was a handsome result 12 hours later from the start of my grind.
    AND BREATHE...........
    Day off tomorrow with the wife and the kids, apparently i have to be a primary school teacher now, yay!
    Appreciate all the kind words and support i have received, apologises for the essay, I'll stop waffling, cheerio!
    Shrimpy28

START OF SESSION 2 BALANCE: £111.53
    OVERALL RESULT OF SESSION 2: +£48.06

NEW BALANCE: £159.59

• Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    GG Shrimpy, wp.

Have you considered binning the dyms and playing mainly cash with a few mtts?
    Only sad old has beens play dyms, so im told.
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,319

GG Shrimpy, wp.

oi, I'm making notes you know.
  • Options

Great update Shrimpy, good read that, thanks.
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    Ended a long day with a nice positive result, even though it was a little turbulent - but hey, that's poker!

Profit is profit. It's much better than a loss, that's for sure!
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Staying disciplined I see.....

Nice result though, wp.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    A wise man once said 'What I'm hoping to achieve from the challenge more than the money is some discipline back into my game and enjoyment most of all'.

But that was ages ago (two days), my guess is you'll be lumping it all on a £5/£10 spin up table by the end of the week, please prove me wrong.
  • Options
    hahaha the doubters gonna make me more determined! I don't promise perfect bankroll management all the time but I guarantee the high spins won't be visited...... at least until I've either reached the summit or busted!
  • Options
    AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    We need commitment to the challenge Shrimp 😈. You can adapt the rules to something more realistic but playing spins is a whole other strategy 🤣.
    NVM, you're probably ahead of loosecamel in your New Year challenges. @loosecamel's role as the bridesmaid is virtually a permanent appointment after last night #nevernumber1
  • Options
    loosecamelloosecamel Member Posts: 152
    Behave
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    Tikay10 said:

GG Shrimpy, wp.

oi, I'm making notes you know.
    Haha. Was a joke dig at Timmy, but if the cap fits ; )
  • Options
    ***UPDATE***
    2 DAYS
    48 HOURS
    not many minutes ....

..... that's how long it took for me to slide away from the plan, suppose I should pat myself on the back for making it that long!
    I started the evening with the micro schedule as planned and as the tournaments ebbed away one by one, I had taken one too many beats to stop caring, I have in general ran quite poorly since my restart, however I can't put the results and actions down to bad luck, not even half way through my session I was shocking, playing abysmally, not giving the games the respect I ought off and slowly tossing them away one by one, this was supposed to be some fun for me but it has been in truth a horrendous pain in the ****!

So I snapped and I registered my trusty old friend the £22 Megastack, probably the one tournament on the regular schedule I have FT'd the most in the last 10 months, but when my aces were destroyed by a flopped straight that was the final nail in the coffin, I quickly punted the 33 turbo bounty hunter and had fairly divided up my chips to players who didn't need my help in going deep in big tourneys.
    £56 remained in my account and I sprinted to the spins to punt it off and finish the remainder of my crate of Amstel's. However I did get lucky in consecutive hands at the spins table and just like that my balance nudged over £200. But was I running around the room elated? No.

I was furious, frustrated, defeated and truth be told felt like a failure, I couldn't even do the one thing I'd set out too with this **** challenge, stay disciplined and have fun.
    I've been battling myself during this lockdown as most of us have, my mental game is horrific and it doesn't take much to put it in the gutter, I thought this challenge would help me take my mind of being stuck at home in a rut but it hasn't. I seeked a friendly ear to vent on the Discord to unburden at least my poker worries, and the advice I received was invaluable like I knew it would be. Following that conversation I am going to be looking into some voluntary work for a local charity, or other organisations that may need help with deliveries/meals/medicine whatever it may be to the most vulnerable shielding during these **** times!

As far as the rest of this challenge goes I don't know what happens from here, I take my cap off and have the utmost respect for the guys that grind the micro/low stakes day in day out but it's just not for me. I need to get back into the 5.50/11/22 MTT streets. Not because I'm a really good player and can beat those games but just because that's were I naturally enjoy myself the most and try and find some sort of normality in my game. In doing so the roll I currently have wouldn't be adequate to play these buy ins so there is every chance the roll will bust before I get anywhere near to a grand. With that in mind I am prepared to end this thread here unless there is enough interest from the community to see which way this finishes up, I don't expect there to be any. I will check in tomorrow but for now time for some sleep and a phone call first thing to offer my services to people in need and to at least help myself feel like I'm doing something worthwhile with my time rather than leaving an imprint of my oversized backside on the sofa!!
    I'm outta here!

START OF SESSION ROLL: £159.59
    OVERALL PROFIT: £55.24

NEW BALANCE: £214.83
  • Options
    chicknMeltchicknMelt Member Posts: 1,159
    we haven't had a thread where someone tries to degen their way from £100 to £1k yet have we?

At least it would be original :D
  • Options

"With that in mind I am prepared to end this thread here unless there is enough interest from the community to see which way this finishes up, I don't expect there to be any."

Noooooooooooooooo - keep the diary going.

So far it's been hilarious, sad & honest. And original.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    People genuinely want you to do well and I think this could be fun.

Ideally some kind of £100 to £10k up then down to £175 and then finally to £1k would be great fun for the fans!
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Keep it going Shrimpy. Degen br challenges are the most fun to follow.
  • Options
    waller02 said:

Keep it going Shrimpy. Degen br challenges are the most fun to follow.

There was an online degen a good few years ago who span up & down absolutely enormous sums. He became very famous for it, went busto more times than enough, then found some money, spun it up to 6 figures & lost the lot just as fast.

Pretty sure his alias was (something like) bluenose, but I'm struggling to find the story on google.
  • Options
    QUICKFEETQUICKFEET Member Posts: 528
    @Shrimpy28 hope you had a good night's sleep and your mind is in a better place this morning. It's 6th Jan and you have doubled you BR already! Albeit, you'll probably lose it all if you go back to the SpinUps tonight.
    I have found playing cash quite sootheing. Just sitting there chilling waiting for a hand to come along. I feel it has improved my Old Man's DYM and MTT games too as it has made me more patient.