You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Shrimpy28 Bankroll Challenge Diary

124»

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,318

@Shrimpy28

"In my third tournament of the night another deep run was to be had as well, this one stung a little too, because it was the half seven £22bh which features in Tikay's results thread,"

I have some good news for you - I don't cover that on a Friday, I replace it with BWBH.

Feel better now?

Another excellent write up.

It really is a shame @NOSTRI does not read this diary. I'm sure he'd enjoy & admire.
  • Options
    AMD68AMD68 Member Posts: 125
    @Tikay10 Nostri has his own entertaining diary, hopefully he will give us an update soon.

Shrimps MTT results are starting to return to his usual form. A decent first is not far away. Enjoy your sleep Shrimpy, well earned.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    Googled 'Do shrimps sleep?'

Came up with this 'sleep for some is miniscule in duration but occurs often in any given period of time. It is not recommended to keep a tank lit all of the time. There is no place on the earth that is lit all of the time, Darkness is needed for good health. shrimp do not have eyelids.' Seemed informative.

Excellent progress shrimpster.
  • Options
    Shrimpy28Shrimpy28 Member Posts: 142
    *** UPDATE ***

Brace yourselves for this bit of news, because as we all know, we only ever hear about the winnings from a gambler, never the losses, they barely exist, but not on this diary, we've had a loss and a big one at that! I suspect this will be the beginning of the end of this farcical challenge/diary but all in all it has been fun and rather amusing as I have clocked up 4,500 points in the last 6 days from a £100 roll !

I was feeling a bit down about it all last night but I've happily come to terms with the prospect of me now reaching zero before 1k, there's only so far playing recklessly like a madman can take you but at the end of it all, it's only money, I'm in a very fortunate position in my life where I can lose £100 and it not have an effect on my life, I count my blessings everyday because this hasn't been the case for the majority of my life.

On to the poker it was a very late start to the session as a late change to the missus plans meant I was free Saturday evening rather than Sunday, so I registered the Main, Mini, Mega, half past 7 £22bh. Overall my play was better than the average session and for the second night running I had eyes on an appearance in @Tikay10's results thread as I broke through the bubble of the £22bh, but like the previous night had to make do with a handful of bounties and a min cash. The £33 turbo and the Quickdraw were flicked in but never really got going in either and the MTT session came to a rather dull end.

Spins have worked for me all week so off I scurried back, but tonight wasn't to be my night, the swings are a harsh and unforgiving beast and it showed here just over this small sample, I have been up as high as £800 now at one stage in this challenge, but I'm an impatient degen and as I looked to get this challenge over the line in style I dropped all the way back down to £400.

I closed down the laptop, trudged upstairs downbeat to bed, and stuck my head in the children's rooms before I got into bed to the sound of 4 healthy happy children snoring away the night, and that quickly made me not give one care to the previous two hours that had gone and instead reminded me off what I do have and how lucky I am,

It's only money, you can't take it with you, so no regrets! I'll see you on the spins tables tomorrow evening perhaps to dust off this last £400 :lol:
    Thanks for reading!

START OF SESSION 7 BALANCE: £699.33
    OVERALL LOSS: £291.03

NEW BALANCE: £408.30
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,318

This is such a terrific paragraph;

"I closed down the laptop, trudged upstairs downbeat to bed, and stuck my head in the children's rooms before I got into bed to the sound of 4 healthy happy children snoring away the night, and that quickly made me not give one care to the previous two hours that had gone and instead reminded me off what I do have and how lucky I am,"

Whatever happens with this diary, you'll emerge a winner.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    So, to summarise, over £300 up in a week. Forget about the last 2 hours, overall you've got to be pleased with that, in addition to four healthy, happy, sleeping kids. Life wins.
  • Options
    waller02waller02 Member Posts: 9,014
    Can't win them all Shrimpy. Have another go tonight mate.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    Unlucky Shrimpy, swings and swongs. Not all bad when your rakeback for the week is almost as much as you started with!
  • Options
    DuesenbergDuesenberg Member Posts: 1,740
    Quadrupled the bankroll in a week. Pat yourself on the back you mad degenerate!