You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

***lucky winners***

Comments

• Options
    dylan12dylan12 Member Posts: 2,343
    edited March 2010
    Even bigger news he put £250 each way on big zeb and just won!! You are a luckbox mick - wd m8 :)
  • Options
    webby234webby234 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited March 2010
    lol dylan
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,475
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ***lucky winners***:
    i'm assuming that they would post if they did to put the community at ease
    Posted by webby234
    I think that's a rash assumption. "To put the community at ease". At ease from what?

Why  - if indeed they are, & I've seen no evidence - are the Community worrying about it, such that we need putting at ease"?

Let's do some hypothetical maths.

Let's say - ALL hypothetical numbers - there are 500 prizes, & Sky Bet have 100,000 live accounts. (By "Live" I mean "active"). And Sky Poker have 30,000 live Accounts. And 20% of those with both Sky Bet Sky AND Poker Live accounts peruse the Sky Poker Forum once a week, of whom half read it daily, & of that half, half Post more than once a week.

What are the % odds of a Sky Bet Client winning a prize AND being a Sky Poker Account holder, and reading the forum, & Posting about that win? And that's assuming they want to......

If Sky Bet say they are giving away 500 prizes, you can bet one thing on your life - they are doing exactly that. EVERY promotion in this Group has to get past the in-house Legal people first, & they are animals. 

• Options
    edited March 2010
    tikay thats one thing were gonna disagree on, i remember when the last European championships were on and sky bet were running a promotion where they had hidden some symbols behind each country's flag, think they were about 24 flags and to find the lucky 1 you were looking for, well you know the odds yourself, the competition started at 10am every morning and the first 3 to email in would each win a free £100 bet they did this for about 3 days, on one of the days they received my email at 10:00:10, after i got very lucky and found it behind the first flag that i checked, was told on live chat that i would be a certain winner, but guess what apparently another 3 had beaten me too it by some sort of miracle, so form being a certain winner to not in first 3 is just a bit questionable imo

• Options
    edited March 2010
    tikay thats one thing were gonna disagree on, i remember when the last European championships were on and sky bet were running a promotion where they had hidden some symbols behind each country's flag, think they were about 24 flags and to find the lucky 1 you were looking for, well you know the odds yourself, the competition started at 10am every morning and the first 3 to email in would each win a free £100 bet they did this for about 3 days, on one of the days they received my email at 10:00:10, after i got very lucky and found it behind the first flag that i checked, was told on live chat that i would be a certain winner, but guess what apparently another 3 had beaten me too it by some sort of miracle, so form being a certain winner to not in first 3 is just a bit questionable imo
    Posted by webby234
    Disagree on? No problem, I'm fine with "disagreeeing", nothing wrong with that.

Suggesting, on the flimsy evidence you have Posted that they are "questionable" to use your adjective, is a little disingenouos to say the least. But that's the internet for you - people can make outrageous claims, & get away with it.

We can disagree all day long, without a problem, but to suggest any of the Sky Bet family of companies would behave improperly in these promotions is just wrong.

Oh - & you never answered my question. What % of Sky Bet account holders, if Sky Poker forum users, would win, & Post, based on the hypothesis I set out? 
  • Options
    loonytoonsloonytoons Member Posts: 4,270
    edited March 2010
    Yeh but you can all make hypothesis after hypothesis for all you like ladies, but the facts are i didnt win anything, so it must be a con
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yeh but you can all make hypothesis after hypothesis for all you like ladies, but the facts are i didnt win anything, so it must be a con
    Posted by loonytoons
    Yup, you read his mind loony, you got me there, good & proper. Proper proof, that. ;)
  • Options
    Damo_BhoyDamo_Bhoy Member Posts: 51
    edited March 2010

webby m8, am wae u. A would like to see atleast 1 person sayin they have bein givin £* amount for a free bet.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    webby m8, am wae u. A would like to see atleast 1 person sayin they have bein givin £* amount for a free bet.
    Posted by Damo_Bhoy
    Yes, I expect many would. but it will not prove anything, one way or the other, if they don't.

Would you like to attempt to answer the hypothetical question I set Webby, as to what is the % chance of a Sky Poer account holder winning & Posting about it?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    500 prizes going to 130,000 total accounts is 6500 /1, 20% peruse the forum every week, thats 26,000 people so 13,000 read it daily (half), and 6,500 post once a week(half) so by my irational logical its a 100% certainty lool

Ps - vince please keep out of this lool
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    500 prizes going to 130,000 total accounts is 6500 /1 , 20% peruse the forum every week, thats 26,000 people so 13,000 read it daily (half), and 6,500 post once a week (half) so by my irational logical its a 100% certainty lool Ps - vince please keep out of this lool
    Posted by loonytoons
    So you had the same Maths teacher as Orford, one assumes? ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    As homer said to bart - you did your best and you failed miserably, so the moral of the story is, never bother trying.
  • Options
    AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ***lucky winners*** : Most free bets they don't include the stake in your return, so that would probably be the worlds worst way to make £1 ever. With any freebet I stick it on no less than 10-1 odds.
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    HAVENT WON OWT....YET LOL. When  i get a free bet through the post i go on the Vegas roulette with it. Once you have laid a 10 quid bet it lets you keep the money from then on. So if you stick 5 quid on red and 5 quid on black ( and as long as it doesn't land on zero ) you win ten quid at evens. Then log back into poker and its there.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    airwalker its there anyway, when they give you free vegas chips or whatever lol, no need to risk it landing on zero
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ***lucky winners*** : Yes, I expect many would. but it will not prove anything, one way or the other, if they don't. Would you like to attempt to answer the hypothetical question I set Webby, as to what is the % chance of a Sky Poer account holder winning & Posting about it?
    Posted by Tikay10

tikay only just got back on computer as i have been a wee bit busy, to answer your question? 500 prizes each day for 4 days is 200 in total split between 100,000 skybet customers, all in all i ant got a clue how to work it out lol

but you cant tell me that it doesn't happen in this world because it does, ant and dec's producers got busted last year and there have been numerous others that have been caught, sky are making that much money you wouldn't think they would have to do that sort of thing but the rich don't get rich because they are generous if you get my drift?

all i want is for someone to say they actually won lol and if by a miracle none of the sky community people actually win then that will just speak volumes for my personal views on the matter?
  • Options
    AIRWALKERAIRWALKER Member Posts: 680
    edited March 2010
    airwalker its there anyway, when they give you free vegas chips or whatever lol, no need to risk it landing on zero
    Posted by webby234
    Your kidding. When Sky send me a free bet it will show my sky poker acct has a tenner on it. LOL

Thats bad if true . Shame of it. Cheers.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: ***lucky winners*** : tikay only just got back on computer as i have been a wee bit busy, to answer your question? 500 prizes each day for 4 days is 200 in total split between 100,000 skybet customers, all in all i ant got a clue how to work it out lol but you cant tell me that it doesn't happen in this world because it does, ant and dec's producers got busted last year and there have been numerous others that have been caught, sky are making that much money you wouldn't think they would have to do that sort of thing but the rich don't get rich because they are generous if you get my drift? all i want is for someone to say they actually won lol and if by a miracle none of the sky community people actually win then that will just speak volumes for my personal views on the matter?
    Posted by webby234
    Yes - you got there!

OFCOM have caught BBC, ITV, Channel 4, & Channel 5, all for irregularities, usually in "phone-ins", & premium rate calls. Note that list EXCLUDES one TV Service provider. And why? It's not by accident. BSKYB, & by policy edict, ALL companies in that Group, are so squeaky clean legally, you could not believe. Everything, EVERYTHING, has to be vetted by the Legal peeps, & they are unbelievably intolerant of funny business. They are THE most legally-compliant Corporate entity I've ever known. If you want to have a fret about something, find something at shorter odds, because your kite ain't ever going to fly.

Why would it be a "miracle" if a Sky Poker account holder never won on this thingie? Do the maths, & you'll see it's almost the opposite - it is odds against - very long odds against - a Sky Poker live account holder who is a regular forum Poster getting a prize! The maths don't lie......

But your mind is set, it's lodged in your mind that they - which includes us at Sky Poker, & me - are dishonest, which is kind of demeaning, not to say insulting - do you REALLY think my colleagues & I would rermain part of a corrupt organisation? So let's leave it at that.

If you ever find any proof of wilful & deliberate impropriety - even a shred - let me know. I'll not hold my breath.

Mind you, if you suggested incompetence, well that's different. I stand guilty as charged.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    tikay its nothing to with you or the poker crew why i have my doubts, as you stated yesterday on another thread, skybet may not know who you are, after what happened with the european championships competition i am more than right to have my doubts regarding skybet promotions
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    tikay its nothing to with you or the poker crew why i have my doubts, as you stated yesterday on another thread, skybet may not know who you are, after what happened with the european championships competition i am more than right to have my doubts regarding skybet promotions
    Posted by webby234
    The Sky Bet department that runs these things is run by the very same people who run the Sky Poker promotions.....same guy in charge, same team.

"Doubts" are fine, but to accuse them of rigging things is, imo, a bit rich. To be honest if I don't trust an organisation - & I don't trust as LOT of organisations, especially in the poker world, including numerous Online & Live poker establishments, I would not use them. So I'm puzzled why you would do business with a Company you clearly don't trust!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    what can i say tikay? me and sky are just meant to be, 2 dodgy creatures just living the dream

If there's one thing my old man taught me it was....'stay away from crime, drugs n women'......I did the lot, and still drove off into the sunset!