You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Astra Zeneca

HANSONHANSON Member Posts: 897
So after being given my first jab for the covid vaccine im thinking what is all the fuss about ...its a chance of avoiding catching it, of course i realise i will need to keep taking precautions which is a given if you really think about it.. even thou the EU have slated it , which is a joke really as they have even threatened to sue . if it was so bad why sue and then demand that they get there jabs from the UK plants , they have caused a problem within there own borders by slating it then demanding it, its no wonder the citizen's of the EU are confused and refusing the AZ jab ( not all are thou ) not sure why there has to be so many vaccines from different companies either they work or not maybe the delay in different vaccines is why there are variants popping up ... just a thought maybe as money has been invested from all over the world give the recipe out and let other company's produce the vaccine after all it is a world wide pandemic not just in the UK or the EU ... you then get Macron saying give 5% of vaccines to 3rd world so he expects AZ to say okay ... if you ask me might as well give 100% of the EU order as its so bad according to them ... at the end of the day when have you ever seen a hungry politician in any country including 3rd world countries ... answer is never

Comments

• Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    OK.
    Nice massive rant.
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774

HANSON said:

So after being given my first jab for the covid vaccine im thinking what is all the fuss about ...its a chance of avoiding catching it, of course i realise i will need to keep taking precautions which is a given if you really think about it.. even thou the EU have slated it , which is a joke really as they have even threatened to sue . if it was so bad why sue and then demand that they get there jabs from the UK plants , they have caused a problem within there own borders by slating it then demanding it, its no wonder the citizen's of the EU are confused and refusing the AZ jab ( not all are thou ) not sure why there has to be so many vaccines from different companies either they work or not maybe the delay in different vaccines is why there are variants popping up ... just a thought maybe as money has been invested from all over the world give the recipe out and let other company's produce the vaccine after all it is a world wide pandemic not just in the UK or the EU ... you then get Macron saying give 5% of vaccines to 3rd world so he expects AZ to say okay ... if you ask me might as well give 100% of the EU order as its so bad according to them ... at the end of the day when have you ever seen a hungry politician in any country including 3rd world countries ... answer is never

No masks were needed here from Jan- June 2020.
    Then you’re told you need a jab to protect you, by the same people.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,367
    chilling said:

HANSON said:

Im not sure why you dont get it. @chilling

So , they changed their minds on mask procedures.

Im going to guess a reason for this, just a guess, im not getting married to the idea.

Maybe mask were in high demand from Jan- June 2020 and medical staff were ill equipped because this global demand, masks weren't being made quick enough.

It made some kinda crazy sense to tell the public masks weren't needed for our protection , crazy idea I know.

No , my guess fells wrong.

I cant think for the life of me why they would want to say masks wernt required so ill abandon any kinda logic and go with the " they must be making this **** up idea".

I remember hand fulls of people wearing masks in public in the early days , against government advice , they did look like oddballs but,

They made up their own minds on what they thought they should do.

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,175
    HANSON said:

Dont let any facts get in the way.

Firstly, some EU members made the point that they wont give the AZ vaccine to over 65s.
    The reason they gave for this is that the AZ test included a very small percentage of older people.
    That is a fact.
    As a result they will just give the AZ vaccine to younger people, and an alternative to the over 65s.
    Some may argue that this is merely common sense.
    If they have slated it, why would they give it to the under 65s?

Secondly, the EU have threatened to sue AZ for breaking their contract.
    AZ only planned to deliver 40 of the 100 million doses they had contracted to deliver to the EU before the end of March.
    Do you not think that the UK Government would have sued, had they been in the same position?
    The fact that AZ could only deliver 40% of EU doses, while the UK supply was unaffected, could only have wound the EU up further.

Some vaccines may prove better in the longer term, when dealing with different variants.

It is silly to suggest that companies should give their formula away, after spending huge amounts of money to develop their vaccine.
    Some experts are suggesting that this virus will be with us forever.
    This would mean supplying billions of doses worldwide, forever.
    Some scientists are saying that we will have an annual covid jab.
    Recipes are for cakes.

I think you will find that a number of politicians have suggested that some vaccine should be supplied free of charge to poorer countries.
    The vaccine will be supplied by Governments rather than drug companies.
    The UK has ordered 407 million doses.
    What would you suggest they do will the surplus?

I will have to bow to your superior knowledge of third world politicians, as I havent conducted a survey on their wealth.
    However, I do think it unlikely that third world politicians will be supplyiny the vaccine to their citizens.

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    edited February 2021
    I personally have no problem with vaccines and am getting mine, Pfizer, on Wednesday.

I also have no problem with people who wish to avoid having a vaccine, that is their fundamental right.

However, if they then contract Covid 19 or a derivative then do expect to be at the back of the queue for treatment.

I do feel though that the Astra Zenica vaccine has been used a political tool by both Britain and the E U. and find the actions of both sides somewhat distasteful when the emphasis should be on preventing transmission of this disease.
  • Options
    HANSON said:

Why do you think that the EU was able to buy the AZ vaccine at around half the price the UK Government paid, and the Pfizer around £5 per dose cheaper?
    This mounts up when you are buying hundreds of millions of doses.
  • Options

I personally have no problem with vaccines and am getting mine, Pfizer, on Wednesday.

I also have no problem with people who wish to avoid having a vaccine, that is their fundamental right.

However, if they then contract Covid 19 or a derivative then do expect to be at the back of the queue for treatment.

I do feel though that the Astra Zenica vaccine has been used a political tool by both Britain and the E U. and find the actions of both sides somewhat distasteful when the emphasis should be on preventing transmission of this disease.

I can see why you would say that it is the fundamental right of any individual not to get vaccinated, but doesnt this impinge on the rights of others?

There are no plans to vaccinate some groups like children under 16, pregnant women, and those that are allergic to any of the vaccine ingredients.

So are you saying that you think that it is fair and reasonable for those who refuse a vaccine because Bill Gates has included a chip, to allow the Government to keep an eye on them, and therefore free to infect and possibly kill those in the above groups?

We also have restrictions on people travelling into the UK from red list countries, but not from those that arent on this list.

As vaccinations progress in the red list countries they will no longer be listed.

We will therefore get infected people travelling into the UK from abroad.

All of whom will put the unvaccinated groups at risk.

I am happy to allow people to choose whether they are vaccinated, or not, as long as those that refuse, remain locked down.

A vaccine passport is surely a must.

Why would we want to allow unvaccinated people to visit the UK?

Why should those that cant be vaccinated be penalised, because of those that refuse?

How could the unvaccinated really go to the back of the queue for treatment?

Could you really let some of them die, while treating others?

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    Absolutely agree that vaccine passports are a must, although all that will happen is a black market will flourish to provide documentation for those who wish to avoid a vaccine.

I did not say the unvaccinated should be penalised, I said vaccine refusers should if later infected be penalised as In my opinion they have become infected through personal negligence.

Refusers could easily be placed at the back of any queue for ventilators etc. It will be on their medical records that they were invited for a vaccine and refused one.

It's just typical of some in society that those who shout loudest about refusing the vaccines will be the ones who expect to be priority number one should they fall ill.

It's like people who criticise Government but dont vote, or want to defund the police but expect them to be there in times of crisis.

Unvaccinated people should be kept locked down, refused travel and be made to attend compulsory testing.

Children should be vaccinated as all that will happen is the virus will mutate to thrive within the young community.

A requirement of entering the UK must be proof of vaccination, by both UK Nationals and those from other countries.

As far as the lunatic fringe with their conspiracy theories go I really have to laugh. So you are worried that the Govt will use the vaccines to administer a tracking system into you. HELLO !! They dont need to, youre already doing that for them with your mobile devices and social media, credit and debit cards, online banking, google, mobile data usage and the beat goes on ..........

Think I've answered everything.

Have a peachy day.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    mumsie said:

chilling said:

HANSON said:

Im not sure why you dont get it. @chilling

So , they changed their minds on mask procedures.

Im going to guess a reason for this, just a guess, im not getting married to the idea.

Maybe mask were in high demand from Jan- June 2020 and medical staff were ill equipped because this global demand, masks weren't being made quick enough.

It made some kinda crazy sense to tell the public masks weren't needed for our protection , crazy idea I know.

No , my guess fells wrong.

I cant think for the life of me why they would want to say masks wernt required so ill abandon any kinda logic and go with the " they must be making this **** up idea".

I remember hand fulls of people wearing masks in public in the early days , against government advice , they did look like oddballs but,

They made up their own minds on what they thought they should do.

@mumsie 🤣

On June 5th 2020, Tedros said evidence gathered implies masks wearing may be beneficial,Fact.
    The WHO initially said asymptomatic spread was rare, after six months, fact.
    So, she must have had some info or evidence to back that up.
    Tedros stated you can’t catch it via money. Fact.
    So, unless he’s lying, it can’t be caught from door knobs etc.
    The US army general said masks should not be worn, from the outset, backing up Dr Fauci. Fact.
    A rather odd thing to say when apparently there’s a highly transmissible virus doing the rounds.
    All the above recommendations are by experts.
    All the above will go straight over your head as usual.

Doctors have successfully treated patients from the beginning, whilst the WHO were saying that there’s no cure.Fact.

These masks won’t stop transmission of a highly transmissible virus, they can make the wearer ill though.

Any jabs been approved yet, not just authorised for emergency use? Not looked recently, cba.
    Testing testing.
  • Options
    Bill Gates says “ we” are close to a universal flu jab? Royal “ we” I presume.
    The least flu cases for yonks?
    According to Gates, the flu jab has come on in leaps and bounds over the last year then.

• Options
    But beware, Gates recently stated until the next pandemic rolls around.
    And Mr Ryan from the WHO stated that this might not be the ‘ Big One”.
    So comforting lads.
  • Options

Just for mumsie.
    I know he’s pinning his hopes on the virus escaping from a Wuhan lab.
  • Options

Absolutely agree that vaccine passports are a must, although all that will happen is a black market will flourish to provide documentation for those who wish to avoid a vaccine.

I did not say the unvaccinated should be penalised, I said vaccine refusers should if later infected be penalised as In my opinion they have become infected through personal negligence.

Refusers could easily be placed at the back of any queue for ventilators etc. It will be on their medical records that they were invited for a vaccine and refused one.

It's just typical of some in society that those who shout loudest about refusing the vaccines will be the ones who expect to be priority number one should they fall ill.

It's like people who criticise Government but dont vote, or want to defund the police but expect them to be there in times of crisis.

Unvaccinated people should be kept locked down, refused travel and be made to attend compulsory testing.

Children should be vaccinated as all that will happen is the virus will mutate to thrive within the young community.

A requirement of entering the UK must be proof of vaccination, by both UK Nationals and those from other countries.

As far as the lunatic fringe with their conspiracy theories go I really have to laugh. So you are worried that the Govt will use the vaccines to administer a tracking system into you. HELLO !! They dont need to, youre already doing that for them with your mobile devices and social media, credit and debit cards, online banking, google, mobile data usage and the beat goes on ..........

Have a peachy day.

I was making the point that if you allow those that refuse jabs to travel freely, you will automatically penalise those that cant be vaccinated, and put them at risk from those that refuse.
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    chilling said:

So comforting lads.

Nuclear war may happen too. We'll be obliterated in nano-seconds by massive thermo-nuclear explosions. Won't be worrying about the flop then. Or making up nonsense about Bill **** Gates.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    edited February 2021

Have a peachy day.

The NHS is there primarily to treat ill people. Not to be the morality police.

Where do you stop with this theory of "negligence"?

Leave the overweight to die if having heart attack?
    No cancer treatment for smokers? Ex-smokers?
    People with genetic abnormalities not allowed to breed?

Border control is 1 thing. But restricting access to the NHS based on life choices alone (as opposed to weighting for outcomes of treatment) seems to me to be a rather unpleasant world.
  • Options
    NoseyBonk said:

chilling said:

So comforting lads.

Nuclear war may happen too. We'll be obliterated in nano-seconds by massive thermo-nuclear explosions. Won't be worrying about the flop then. Or making up nonsense about Bill **** Gates.
    You clown.
    You do realise that Gates regards his funding as investments?
    He funds the research, so he’s not liable.
    Make the funders liable , like a shareholder.

It’s obviously the norm for regs to come out and back up other regs, but you don’t appear to be answering any of the points I’ve made. The reason for that is, that you know you’ve been lied to, but can’t quite dip a toe into the other camp. Shame.
  • Options
    Nuclear war won’t happen, because you’d end up with contaminated land for years.
    Culling the population is far easier, and cleaner.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,021
    chilling said:

NoseyBonk said:

chilling said:

So comforting lads.

You clown.

It’s obviously the norm for regs to come out and back up other regs, but you don’t appear to be answering any of the points I’ve made. The reason for that is, that you know you’ve been lied to, but can’t quite dip a toe into the other camp. Shame.
    Why insult people who don't share your opinion?

Bill Gates doesn't need to invest-he has more money than he can ever spend. Which is why he wants to be remembered for trying to do good. And just gets insulted for it.
    Shareholders, like funders, are not normally liable, other than losing their investment. Rarely, Directors and Shadow Directors are.

Your "point" seems to be that, as the medical bodies have learnt more about what 12-18 months ago was a new disease, their advice has been updated along the way.

You believe that is surprising. I do not.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

chilling said:

NoseyBonk said:

chilling said:

So comforting lads.

You clown.

Why insult people who don't share your opinion?

Bill Gates doesn't need to invest-he has more money than he can ever spend. Which is why he wants to be remembered for trying to do good. And just gets insulted for it.
    Shareholders, like funders, are not normally liable, other than losing their investment. Rarely, Directors and Shadow Directors are.

Your "point" seems to be that, as the medical bodies have learnt more about what 12-18 months ago was a new disease, their advice has been updated along the way.

You believe that is surprising. I do not.
    That’s the point. It’s not a new disease. It will affect people in different ways, because they have different metabolic syndromes. Hence all the different vaccines.One big trial going on.

If everybody thinks that non mask wearing was to protect the health workers, explain the logic.
    Take the USA, protect the health workers whilst letting a highly transmissible virus run through 300+million? Where do the 300million possibly newly infected go, abroad?
  • Options
    Check out all the labs around the world, you can buy viruses.
    Might need some letters after your name though.