You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Astra Zeneca

Comments

• Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186
    chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

chilling said:

Essexphil said:

chilling said:

NoseyBonk said:

chilling said:

But beware, Gates recently stated until the next pandemic rolls around.
    And Mr Ryan from the WHO stated that this might not be the ‘ Big One”.
    So comforting lads.

Nuclear war may happen too. We'll be obliterated in nano-seconds by massive thermo-nuclear explosions. Won't be worrying about the flop then. Or making up nonsense about Bill **** Gates.
    You clown.
    You do realise that Gates regards his funding as investments?
    He funds the research, so he’s not liable.
    Make the funders liable , like a shareholder.

It’s obviously the norm for regs to come out and back up other regs, but you don’t appear to be answering any of the points I’ve made. The reason for that is, that you know you’ve been lied to, but can’t quite dip a toe into the other camp. Shame.
    Why insult people who don't share your opinion?

Bill Gates doesn't need to invest-he has more money than he can ever spend. Which is why he wants to be remembered for trying to do good. And just gets insulted for it.
    Shareholders, like funders, are not normally liable, other than losing their investment. Rarely, Directors and Shadow Directors are.

Your "point" seems to be that, as the medical bodies have learnt more about what 12-18 months ago was a new disease, their advice has been updated along the way.

You believe that is surprising. I do not.
    That’s the point. It’s not a new disease. It will affect people in different ways, because they have different metabolic syndromes. Hence all the different vaccines.One big trial going on.

If everybody thinks that non mask wearing was to protect the health workers, explain the logic.
    Take the USA, protect the health workers whilst letting a highly transmissible virus run through 300+million? Where do the 300million possibly newly infected go, abroad?
    Coronaviruses are not new. But this particular one, Covid-19, is new. There were plenty of different influenzas before the Spanish Flu of 1918, but that variant killed more people than World War 1.

Every disease affects different people in different ways. As a simple example, look at the different risks associated with chicken pox as you get older.

It has never been the case that "everybody" thinks not wearing masks is wise. The USA tends to have a lot of people who are not exactly forward-thinking.

If advice hadn't changed over the last year, wouldn't the covid deniers/conspiracy theorists be saying that was proof that it was a put up job?
    You should have known better.

Didnt this used to be the Astra Zeneca thread?
    Exactly. F..k all vaccines.
    F.. k all conspiracy nobheads
  • Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    mumsie said:

Ive seen enough of this Chilling chap throwing in random stuff to mask when hes not quite getting the gist of anything.

Before any software update there seriously needs to be an ignore button.

One chap that ignores evidence, but eats up propaganda.
    Sad to see, but expected.
    Cower away.
  • Options
  • Options
    Still waiting on mumsies research.👀
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Who put 50p in the far right, crackpot, anti-vax, Covid denying shithouse?
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    lucy4 said:

But can't a person still contract and spread the virus despite being vaccinated ?

Correct, the vaccine isn't a silver bullet; a lot of people still fail to grasp this.
    We're not going to eradicate Covid now, but we need to learn to co-exist with it.

So if you have a vaccine that massively decreases your chance of getting it, happy days.
    If you do still catch it, then it massively decreases your chances of getting seriously ill with it, happy days.
    If you do still catch it, and become seriously ill, then it massively decreases your chances of dying from it, happy days.

And remember Covid isn't just about the tens of thousands of deaths....it's also the people who suffer with long Covid and the people who take up space and beds in hospitals; look how overran our NHS has been in recent months.

Or, you know, just ignore all the experts in their fields and listen to what Vespa and Chilling say.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,186

lucy4 said:

But can't a person still contract and spread the virus despite being vaccinated ?

Correct, the vaccine isn't a silver bullet; a lot of people still fail to grasp this.
    We're not going to eradicate Covid now, but we need to learn to co-exist with it.

So if you have a vaccine that massively decreases your chance of getting it, happy days.
    If you do still catch it, then it massively decreases your chances of getting seriously ill with it, happy days.
    If you do still catch it, and become seriously ill, then it massively decreases your chances of dying from it, happy days.

And remember Covid isn't just about the tens of thousands of deaths....it's also the people who suffer with long Covid and the people who take up space and beds in hospitals; look how overran our NHS has been in recent months.

Or, you know, just ignore all the experts in their fields and listen to what Vespa and Chilling say.
    So much like the flu vaccine prevents me from getting the worst it has to offer. i can still get the flu but the difference is Im not flat out in a bed for 6 - 10 days.

Ok that makes sense. Roll on Weds. Vax me up baby.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,367
    chilling said:

I don't engage with protozoan.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,175
    edited February 2021
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

chilling said:

Essexphil said:

chilling said:

NoseyBonk said:

chilling said:

So comforting lads.

Nuclear war may happen too. We'll be obliterated in nano-seconds by massive thermo-nuclear explosions. Won't be worrying about the flop then. Or making up nonsense about Bill **** Gates.
    You clown.

It’s obviously the norm for regs to come out and back up other regs, but you don’t appear to be answering any of the points I’ve made. The reason for that is, that you know you’ve been lied to, but can’t quite dip a toe into the other camp. Shame.

Bill Gates doesn't need to invest-he has more money than he can ever spend. Which is why he wants to be remembered for trying to do good. And just gets insulted for it.
    Shareholders, like funders, are not normally liable, other than losing their investment. Rarely, Directors and Shadow Directors are.

Your "point" seems to be that, as the medical bodies have learnt more about what 12-18 months ago was a new disease, their advice has been updated along the way.

That’s the point. It’s not a new disease. It will affect people in different ways, because they have different metabolic syndromes. Hence all the different vaccines.One big trial going on.

If everybody thinks that non mask wearing was to protect the health workers, explain the logic.
    Take the USA, protect the health workers whilst letting a highly transmissible virus run through 300+million? Where do the 300million possibly newly infected go, abroad?
    Coronaviruses are not new. But this particular one, Covid-19, is new. There were plenty of different influenzas before the Spanish Flu of 1918, but that variant killed more people than World War 1.

Every disease affects different people in different ways. As a simple example, look at the different risks associated with chicken pox as you get older.

It has never been the case that "everybody" thinks not wearing masks is wise. The USA tends to have a lot of people who are not exactly forward-thinking.

If advice hadn't changed over the last year, wouldn't the covid deniers/conspiracy theorists be saying that was proof that it was a put up job?

Perhaps I should clarify.

I meant you should have known better than to have got involved with him, rather than the thread,
  • Options

chilling said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

chilling said:

Essexphil said:

chilling said:

NoseyBonk said:

chilling said:

So comforting lads.

You clown.

Exactly. F..k all vaccines.
    F.. k all conspiracy nobheads
    Good luck
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Recovery rate.
    Not obv for an unhealthy population.

• Options
    mumsie said:

chilling said:

I don't engage with protozoan.
    Funny man for a serious subject.
  • Options
    Ta ta.

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,149
    chilling said:

lol, since when have screen grabbing various facts counted as research? BTW you never answered on the other thread regarding virus X.......
  • Options

I personally have no problem with vaccines and am getting mine, Pfizer, on Wednesday.

I also have no problem with people who wish to avoid having a vaccine, that is their fundamental right.

However, if they then contract Covid 19 or a derivative then do expect to be at the back of the queue for treatment.

I do feel though that the Astra Zenica vaccine has been used a political tool by both Britain and the E U. and find the actions of both sides somewhat distasteful when the emphasis should be on preventing transmission of this disease.

Coronavirus passports to go to the pub? Ministers to investigate whether to bring in 'Covid status certification'

He said that the work will look at whether to introduce 'Covid status certification', despite Downing Street insisting for weeks that such domestic documents would not be supported.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9287413/Coronavirus-passports-pub-Ministers-investigate-Covid-status-certification.html
  • Options

Essexphil said:

Absolutely agree that vaccine passports are a must, although all that will happen is a black market will flourish to provide documentation for those who wish to avoid a vaccine.

I did not say the unvaccinated should be penalised, I said vaccine refusers should if later infected be penalised as In my opinion they have become infected through personal negligence.

Refusers could easily be placed at the back of any queue for ventilators etc. It will be on their medical records that they were invited for a vaccine and refused one.

It's just typical of some in society that those who shout loudest about refusing the vaccines will be the ones who expect to be priority number one should they fall ill.

It's like people who criticise Government but dont vote, or want to defund the police but expect them to be there in times of crisis.

Unvaccinated people should be kept locked down, refused travel and be made to attend compulsory testing.

Children should be vaccinated as all that will happen is the virus will mutate to thrive within the young community.

A requirement of entering the UK must be proof of vaccination, by both UK Nationals and those from other countries.

As far as the lunatic fringe with their conspiracy theories go I really have to laugh. So you are worried that the Govt will use the vaccines to administer a tracking system into you. HELLO !! They dont need to, youre already doing that for them with your mobile devices and social media, credit and debit cards, online banking, google, mobile data usage and the beat goes on ..........

Think I've answered everything.

Have a peachy day.

The NHS is there primarily to treat ill people. Not to be the morality police.

Where do you stop with this theory of "negligence"?

Leave the overweight to die if having heart attack?
    No cancer treatment for smokers? Ex-smokers?
    People with genetic abnormalities not allowed to breed?

Border control is 1 thing. But restricting access to the NHS based on life choices alone (as opposed to weighting for outcomes of treatment) seems to me to be a rather unpleasant world.
    Then make vaccinations mandatory for everybody who is medically able to receive one otherwise what's the point.

If people decide to not receive one then that's fine but as the vaccine programme aims to eradicate transmission then by opting out you are by very definition exacerbating the problem, posing a risk to others and potentially killing people.

So peoples decisions about whether or not to accept the vaccine arent just about them, and if their decisions come at a price for others then sanctions should be applied against those who are willfully and deliberately endangering others.

"Doctor I've tested positive for Covid and now need urgent care"
    "Did you not have the vaccine"
    "Well no erm its like this really I thought erm well you know erm...."
    "Next patient please"

Brutal, yes. UnChristian, definately. Do I need to pray for these people, already do.

And theres the rub, the people with compassion, good hearts, community spirit and just general goodness and love for their fellow man wouldn't allow it to happen. And thats how it should be.

But it would be really nice just to hypothetically smack the smugness clean off the faces of those who think that its all a conspiracy.

Amazon’s Jack Reacher TV Series (2020) | Alan Ritchson, Release Date, Amazon Prime, Cast, New Film
  • Options
    NoseyBonkNoseyBonk Member Posts: 6,168
    edited February 2021
    chilling said:

NoseyBonk said:

chilling said:

So comforting lads.

You clown.

I didn't realise that. I just thought he gone done some software for the IBM PC and did quite well out of it. Hadn't thought about him much beyond that.

One of the original programmers for Microsoft was Gordon Letwin - a very clever guy. You should read his book about developing OS2. Very interesting and not a hint of conspiracy, just a guy talking about programming, but no doubt he's now 'in on it' too haha
  • Options
    Very strange how it’s always very rural villages where they do their ‘ research, testing’.

Good luck.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Study Finds Pfizer-BioNTech Shot Could End Pandemic

Feb.24 -- Medical researchers are saying the Pfizer-BioNTech shot could be the one to end the covid-19 pandemic. That comes after a study involving a million people in Israel. Bloomberg’s Rachel Chang reports on “Bloomberg Markets: Asia.”

Pfizer-Biontech Shot Stops COVID-19 Spread, Israeli Study Shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Cw6FiAsu4
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    HAYSIE said:

Study Finds Pfizer-BioNTech Shot Could End Pandemic

Feb.24 -- Medical researchers are saying the Pfizer-BioNTech shot could be the one to end the covid-19 pandemic. That comes after a study involving a million people in Israel. Bloomberg’s Rachel Chang reports on “Bloomberg Markets: Asia.”

Pfizer-Biontech Shot Stops COVID-19 Spread, Israeli Study Shows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74Cw6FiAsu4

Propaganda🥱

You should have all cottoned on by now surely.
    He who laughs last.........