You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SR23's Road to Manchester? Mid-Oct to Mid-Nov Cash/Tournament Diary

Comments

• Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,083

eviscerated though.

Now we are talking.
  • Options
    pompeynicpompeynic Member Posts: 2,821
    SR23 said:

Tikay10 said:

More action, less Twirls please. Can't pay for train tickets to Manchester with Twirlie Wirlies.

Okay, action.

Just had a bit of a grim session. Got it in for a £45 pot on an A478 board (in a 4b pot) with AK and, yup, villain has AA. That was at 20nl. Got it in pre in a £60 pot with KK against AK and the 234Q5 runout wasn't the greatest for me. That was at 30nl. Then lost boat versus boat. Then lost some other stuff.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking: why on earth is this person playing 30nl with a seven buy-in roll? Well, it's because I enjoy the thrill of it. If you're not playing with half your roll spread across a few tables at any one time, then you're not doing it right. I don't really mean that, but I almost do.

Luckily I have tennis this evening to blow off some steam. Got completely eviscerated on Sunday during the tier 2 men's singles final of the Southbourne Tennis Club and lost 6-1; 6-0. If you're playing in the Southbourne Tennis Championships tier two final and your innards aren't strewn across the court, then you're not doing it right.

Feel galvanised on both fronts, though and looking to improve. Here's to a better few weeks ahead.

Starting roll: £194.33
    Roll: £178.85
    Trying to look at it positively, if you lose three hands like that and “ some other stuff” , yet you’re only down £15.50 from your starting roll, you must be winning other hands, and when Lady Luck starts to smirk in your favour on those types of hands, you’ll be in Manchester no problem.
    Unless you eat all your profits in Cadbury’s Twirls.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,631
    pompeynic said:

SR23 said:

Tikay10 said:

More action, less Twirls please. Can't pay for train tickets to Manchester with Twirlie Wirlies.

Okay, action.

Just had a bit of a grim session. Got it in for a £45 pot on an A478 board (in a 4b pot) with AK and, yup, villain has AA. That was at 20nl. Got it in pre in a £60 pot with KK against AK and the 234Q5 runout wasn't the greatest for me. That was at 30nl. Then lost boat versus boat. Then lost some other stuff.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking: why on earth is this person playing 30nl with a seven buy-in roll? Well, it's because I enjoy the thrill of it. If you're not playing with half your roll spread across a few tables at any one time, then you're not doing it right. I don't really mean that, but I almost do.

Luckily I have tennis this evening to blow off some steam. Got completely eviscerated on Sunday during the tier 2 men's singles final of the Southbourne Tennis Club and lost 6-1; 6-0. If you're playing in the Southbourne Tennis Championships tier two final and your innards aren't strewn across the court, then you're not doing it right.

Feel galvanised on both fronts, though and looking to improve. Here's to a better few weeks ahead.

Trying to look at it positively, if you lose three hands like that and “ some other stuff” , yet you’re only down £15.50 from your starting roll, you must be winning other hands, and when Lady Luck starts to smirk in your favour on those types of hands, you’ll be in Manchester no problem.
    They are nice moreish in fact
    Good luck with this challenge Stevie lad love your style
  • Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228
    pompeynic said:

SR23 said:

Tikay10 said:

Okay, action.

Oh yes, I love this. I'm genuinely (mostly) about positivity. In fact, just had another brief session, lopped another £40-50 off my bankroll and then spent half an hour or so sweating spinal fluid winning it back. So, yep, all good there. I (honestly) just ate a Twirl to celebrate.

But I'm all Twirled out. Not sure which chocolate bar to binge on then go off next. Any suggestions welcome.
  • Options
    stokefc said:

pompeynic said:

SR23 said:

Tikay10 said:

Okay, action.

They are nice moreish in fact
    Good luck with this challenge Stevie lad love your style
    Cheers Stokey, you always pop into these things with your buoyant nature. Appreciate it, cheers.

(you're right, they are moreish)
  • Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    edited October 2021
    SR23 said:

Tikay10 said:

Okay, action.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking: why on earth is this person playing 30nl with a seven buy-in roll? Well, it's because I enjoy the thrill of it. If you're not playing with half your roll spread across a few tables at any one time, then you're not doing it right. I really mean that, I really do.

My man

• Options
    LmfaoAllinLmfaoAllin Member Posts: 1,211
    edited October 2021
    But I'm all Twirled out. Not sure which chocolate bar to binge on then go off next. Any suggestions welcome.

New Wispa Hazelnut ftw
  • Options
    thefallthefall Member Posts: 1,969
    Aldi chocolate brownie pour moi

Gl dude
  • Options

New Wispa Hazelnut ftw

F yes. Consider them bought and consumed.
  • Options
    thefall said:

Gl dude

Thanks dude - and thanks, I love Aldi and will check those out.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Surely your new choccy bar of choice will be Bounty - in preparation of the Eliminator Freerolls starting Friday? .........

......and dont call me shirley ;)
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    SR23 said:

thefall said:

Gl dude

If you're going to Aldi get yourself a pack of Jives, you won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    Just eaten a Cadbury Flake, very nice it was with a cup of tea but by God it makes a mess it was a little like this but slightly different as I am a 56 year old man sitting at my desk dropping chocolate over my accounts.

https://youtu.be/59M9dB2yumE

Twirls FTW, much less mess.

Enjoyed the tennis summary and certainly feel your pain. My days of running round trying to compete with people half my age but with twice my ability and four times my fitness are well over, I'm sticking to doubles!
  • Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,145
    Ripple.....makes twirl look like a conference team
  • Options
    MAXALLY said:

Surely your new choccy bar of choice will be Bounty - in preparation of the Eliminator Freerolls starting Friday? .........

......and dont call me shirley ;)

It SHOULD be but I don't like coconut unless it's coconut oil rubbed on my face. Something about that sounds wrong, but I'm not sure what.
  • Options

SR23 said:

thefall said:

Gl dude

If you're going to Aldi get yourself a pack of Jives, you won't be disappointed.
    What a name - definitely going to get on some Jives. Thanks man, and congrats on turbo BH win last night (that was you, right?)
  • Options
    Enut said:

Just eaten a Cadbury Flake, very nice it was with a cup of tea but by God it makes a mess it was a little like this but slightly different as I am a 56 year old man sitting at my desk dropping chocolate over my accounts.

Enjoyed the tennis summary and certainly feel your pain. My days of running round trying to compete with people half my age but with twice my ability and four times my fitness are well over, I'm sticking to doubles!

Hadn't really played doubles until a few months ago, but love it. Going for a group session in Bournemouth tomorrow with the captain of the British over 50s team as he runs the local club. Thin? It feels fat. Singles is wicked but exhausting. Would love a game with you if you ever find yourself in Bournemouth. Peace out.
  • Options
    HENDRIK62 said:

Ripple.....makes twirl look like a conference team

Haha - and yes. Had forgotten all about Ripples. Splendid to see you round these parts
  • Options
    ToffeeandyToffeeandy Member Posts: 903
    SR23 said:

SR23 said:

thefall said:

Gl dude

What a name - definitely going to get on some Jives. Thanks man, and congrats on turbo BH win last night (that was you, right?)
    Yeah it was, thanks mate; think you wound up 3rd from memory? :)
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,272
    SR23 said:

Enut said:

Hadn't really played doubles until a few months ago, but love it. Going for a group session in Bournemouth tomorrow with the captain of the British over 50s team as he runs the local club. Thin? It feels fat. Singles is wicked but exhausting. Would love a game with you if you ever find yourself in Bournemouth. Peace out.
    Perhaps if Sky have another SPT in Brighton and you're going we could organise some tennis before or after the poker, I live near Hastings so Brighton is about an hour away.

! think there are a few Sky players that are pretty good at tennis and would probably put us to shame, so maybe we don't ask them to play! I did play for Sussex over 50's for a couple of years, but mainly because no one else turned up for practice! It was great fun though, we got promoted from Division 2 to Division1 and then got royally thumped playing against the Division 1 counties the next year. Driving all the way to West Wales and back in a day to get annihilated by the West Wales team was made even worse by the fact that their No 1 came from Brighton!

Five years on and suffering the effects of two shoulder surgeries, wrist surgery and knee surgery I'm certainly not as good as I used to be but at least with doubles your partner can help you out, especially if they're younger and more talented. Top tip for doubles play - pick a good partner!