You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

SR23's Road to Manchester? Mid-Oct to Mid-Nov Cash/Tournament Diary

Comments

• Options
    SR23SR23 Member Posts: 1,228

SR23 said:

SR23 said:

thefall said:

Aldi chocolate brownie pour moi

Gl dude

Thanks dude - and thanks, I love Aldi and will check those out.
    If you're going to Aldi get yourself a pack of Jives, you won't be disappointed.
    What a name - definitely going to get on some Jives. Thanks man, and congrats on turbo BH win last night (that was you, right?)
    Yeah it was, thanks mate; think you wound up 3rd from memory? :)

SR23 said:

SR23 said:

thefall said:

Aldi chocolate brownie pour moi

Gl dude

Thanks dude - and thanks, I love Aldi and will check those out.
    If you're going to Aldi get yourself a pack of Jives, you won't be disappointed.
    What a name - definitely going to get on some Jives. Thanks man, and congrats on turbo BH win last night (that was you, right?)
    Yeah it was, thanks mate; think you wound up 3rd from memory? :)
    I sure did - wpwp
  • Options
    Enut said:

SR23 said:

Enut said:

Just eaten a Cadbury Flake, very nice it was with a cup of tea but by God it makes a mess it was a little like this but slightly different as I am a 56 year old man sitting at my desk dropping chocolate over my accounts.

https://youtu.be/59M9dB2yumE

Twirls FTW, much less mess.

Enjoyed the tennis summary and certainly feel your pain. My days of running round trying to compete with people half my age but with twice my ability and four times my fitness are well over, I'm sticking to doubles!

Hadn't really played doubles until a few months ago, but love it. Going for a group session in Bournemouth tomorrow with the captain of the British over 50s team as he runs the local club. Thin? It feels fat. Singles is wicked but exhausting. Would love a game with you if you ever find yourself in Bournemouth. Peace out.
    Perhaps if Sky have another SPT in Brighton and you're going we could organise some tennis before or after the poker, I live near Hastings so Brighton is about an hour away.

! think there are a few Sky players that are pretty good at tennis and would probably put us to shame, so maybe we don't ask them to play! I did play for Sussex over 50's for a couple of years, but mainly because no one else turned up for practice! It was great fun though, we got promoted from Division 2 to Division1 and then got royally thumped playing against the Division 1 counties the next year. Driving all the way to West Wales and back in a day to get annihilated by the West Wales team was made even worse by the fact that their No 1 came from Brighton!

Five years on and suffering the effects of two shoulder surgeries, wrist surgery and knee surgery I'm certainly not as good as I used to be but at least with doubles your partner can help you out, especially if they're younger and more talented. Top tip for doubles play - pick a good partner!
    Wow, you must have been/must be pretty good for county standard. I've got a non-concrete goal of playing for the club, or possibly even higher, within the next couple of years but my game is full of holes that will take multiple thousands of hours to put right. Thankfully, I'm trying to spend less time in the pub - good old pub - and more time doing healthy stuff so I have the hours to devote to it.

That's be great to have a hit at SPT Brighton or similar - could even get ex (current?) coach @Donttelmum along ...
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297
    SR23 said:

Enut said:

SR23 said:

Enut said:

Just eaten a Cadbury Flake, very nice it was with a cup of tea but by God it makes a mess it was a little like this but slightly different as I am a 56 year old man sitting at my desk dropping chocolate over my accounts.

Enjoyed the tennis summary and certainly feel your pain. My days of running round trying to compete with people half my age but with twice my ability and four times my fitness are well over, I'm sticking to doubles!

Hadn't really played doubles until a few months ago, but love it. Going for a group session in Bournemouth tomorrow with the captain of the British over 50s team as he runs the local club. Thin? It feels fat. Singles is wicked but exhausting. Would love a game with you if you ever find yourself in Bournemouth. Peace out.
    Perhaps if Sky have another SPT in Brighton and you're going we could organise some tennis before or after the poker, I live near Hastings so Brighton is about an hour away.

! think there are a few Sky players that are pretty good at tennis and would probably put us to shame, so maybe we don't ask them to play! I did play for Sussex over 50's for a couple of years, but mainly because no one else turned up for practice! It was great fun though, we got promoted from Division 2 to Division1 and then got royally thumped playing against the Division 1 counties the next year. Driving all the way to West Wales and back in a day to get annihilated by the West Wales team was made even worse by the fact that their No 1 came from Brighton!

Five years on and suffering the effects of two shoulder surgeries, wrist surgery and knee surgery I'm certainly not as good as I used to be but at least with doubles your partner can help you out, especially if they're younger and more talented. Top tip for doubles play - pick a good partner!
    Wow, you must have been/must be pretty good for county standard. I've got a non-concrete goal of playing for the club, or possibly even higher, within the next couple of years but my game is full of holes that will take multiple thousands of hours to put right. Thankfully, I'm trying to spend less time in the pub - good old pub - and more time doing healthy stuff so I have the hours to devote to it.

That's be great to have a hit at SPT Brighton or similar - could even get ex (current?) coach @Donttelmum along ...
    Doubles? Count me in!
  • Options
    ^ Outstanding! One more and we're there ...
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,275
    SR23 said:

Enut said:

SR23 said:

Enut said:

I think I might have met @Donttelmum in Vegas with Sky Poker in 2017. I went to the Sky Golf do with my other half and we got put in a bay in the driving range with four other Sky players. My other half had never played golf before and it showed, she's quite sporty but she took to golf like Tyson Fury would take to ballet, she was awful. After another failed attempt at hitting the ball I turned to the others and joked 'she may be rubbish at golf, but she could probably beat you all at tennis'. To which one (@Donttelmum?) replied 'well I don't know, I'm a tennis coach' and another said 'I used to play for the county!'. Out of the four we were paired up with two turned out to be pretty good players!

We later walked back to the hotel with one of the guys and had a good old chat about tennis. It was a good evening.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    SR23 said:

^ Outstanding! One more and we're there ...

Hi Steve, great to see you posting.
    Pretty sure you are on different topics ^ ( pun-tastic)

Talking of chocolate based snacks, the ONLY one ( one may be a bit of a stretch) you need, is a tin of Quality Street ( The good lady reliably informed me I have had 5 this month 😳)

The Beauty of aforementioned delicacy, is the fact there will be some you definitely love ( A treat for great play) and some meh ones ( for cack play) kinda win win don’t you think?

I’d love to say I will see you in Manchester, but due to an ‘accident’ at birth, I’m afraid I have to give this one a miss, and enjoy a romantic weekend with my good lady on her birthday, if Brighton is on the upcoming list of SPT’s that will be a different story, pretty sure no one was born on the date of that one.

Good luck with your challenge, pretty sure you will smash it one way or another.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Roll took a bit of a battering and it wanted to hang out at around £110-120 for a bit but I had a word with it and dragged it back up to £245. Could have been more as I went deep in a couple of tournaments tonight, including the freeroll. Also played cash, mostly pretty horrendously. Played the Eliminator thing. I didn't eliminate anyone. Next time, perhaps.

Saturday in the afternoon is often my favourite time to play: Giles Peterson on Radio 6, following my accumulators hilariously bombing, fun tables etc. but I'm off to a 100th birthday party in Eastbourne tomorrow. Oh well, I suppose I can watch my accumulators bomb hilariously there instead.

Very buoyant and touching words as always, @tomgoodun - are Quality Street better than Roses though? We'll have to discuss at the next Brighton SPT. Would be wicked to meet up one of these days. In the meantime, happy (wife's) birthdaying.

Haha, nice story @Enut. I know I bang on about tennis a fair bit but I totally love it. Came to playing really late on and always had this thing that tennis clubs were snooty, elitist cacophonies but the club I joined in Southbourne in June has been pure ace. Wish I had joined one sooner, really, but also quite pleased that, because I haven't played a great deal, I don't have to strap various knees and elbows before playing like many of the players down there do. Fingers crossed (not strapped) eh?

Starting roll: £194.33
    Roll: £246.13
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,213

Congrats on your spectacular result in the Elim FR last night. Manchester here we come.

SR23 0 69 £1
  • Options
    thedazzmanthedazzman Member Posts: 933
    Good luck in this challenge. Started off well and heading in the right direction. Keep it up.

Since I'm also fond of a bit of choccy, I'd say that the new Wispa Gold hazelnut that was recommended was a bit of a let down in my eyes. I'd say a Boost is where it's at. Classic.
  • Options
    madprofmadprof Member Posts: 3,297

Good luck in this challenge. Started off well and heading in the right direction. Keep it up.

Since I'm also fond of a bit of choccy, I'd say that the new Wispa Gold hazelnut that was recommended was a bit of a let down in my eyes. I'd say a Boost is where it's at. Classic.

Sorry snickers every time…whythefuck they had to be renamed from marathons?
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999

Reminds me of the classic old Topic advert...

"What has a hazelnut in every bite?
    Squirrel sh1t..."

Good luck with this-hope to see you in Manchester.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

Congrats on your spectacular result in the Elim FR last night. Manchester here we come.

SR23 0 69 £1

69 dude!
  • Options

Biscuit Boost? That's the best Boost, right?
  • Options
    madprof said:

Sorry snickers every time…whythefuck they had to be renamed from marathons?
    Marathons definitely tasted (and looked) better
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Reminds me of the classic old Topic advert...

"What has a hazelnut in every bite?
    Squirrel sh1t..."

Good luck with this-hope to see you in Manchester.
    Ha, thanks Phil, hasta in Manchester
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Almost snap-huffed-off the challenge earlier. Had an oddly incredibly boozy 100th birthday party yesterday and then lunch with my fellow psychotherapists-in-training today where I ate and drank like a spoilt French Prince - pints, leg of lamb, Malbec, cortado with a heated cognac after the meal etc etc - whilst my companions were mostly sober and having soup and bread.

Anyway, came back a little tipsy and fired up some 20nl tables to get the points for tonight's Eliminator freeroll. Lost money, had the points, couldn't register. Lost more money, definitely had enough points, couldn't register. Repeat until my brain started to seep out of my ear. Eventually reg'd but my balance had had £100 lopped off it. Played some 50nl and did okay. Got three, perhaps four, heads in the freeroll. Bankroll swelled to its highest point. Inwardly sighed and I'm glad I haven't snap huffed off. I still might, though.

More of this thrilling nonsense tomorrow.

Opening roll: £194.33
    Roll: £312.37
  • Options
    This is a hand:
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    RECSmall blind£0.25£0.25£272.05
    jacklBig blind£0.50£0.75£50.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    CuldrethRaise£1.50£2.25£48.50
    SR23Call£1.50£3.75£61.19
    walks2311Fold
    RECCall£1.25£5.00£270.80
    jacklFold
    Flop
    • J
    RECCheck
    CuldrethCheck
    SR23Bet£1.50£6.50£59.69
    RECCall£1.50£8.00£269.30
    CuldrethFold
    Turn
    RECCheck
    SR23Bet£6.50£14.50£53.19
    RECRaise£27.50£42.00£241.80
    SR23All-in£53.19£95.19£0.00
    RECCall£32.19£127.38£209.61
    RECShow
    • J
    SR23Show
    • A
    River
    SR23WinFlush to the Ace£125.58£125.58
  • Options
    Turned out I got eight heads - not the 'three, perhaps four' that I thought - in the Eliminator Freeroll yesterday. Zero today. Could have had a couple but ... rivers. Played a couple of tournaments and a sliver of cash and added £50 to the roll. Very little else to report. I ate half a chicken earlier. And a Chocolate Orange. And a tube of Fruit Pastilles. But I doubt anyone wants to read about that.

Roll: £370.24
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,523
    Nice one pal!

SR23 0 6 £15 + UKOPS 60 £40,000 MAIN EVENT
  • Options
    ^Ha, cheers dude.

Had a weird spot with 10 left and 8 getting UKOPS seats. Think I had 3.3 bigs and QQ. Active player opens, couple of players on my/other tables with just over 1bb and a player with about 0.25bb. I decide to get my chips in and hold versus AK. Could be a fold. Probably is a fold.

Had my college day yesterday and felt peaky last night and today so haven't played much, have played averagely, and bankroll hasn't budged much. Still, it's budged a little more towards Manchester, so that's something.

Hoping to get out of the arena of the unwell and put in some decent hours over the weekend. Thinking about joining a yoga club in a day or so, too. Thoughts, anyone? Will it make me a better person? Will it make be a better poker player? Will it help me get laid?

Roll: £403.95 (+ £110 UKOPS seat)