You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Partygate.

Comments

• Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,268
    Jac35 said:

Hi Haysie

I enjoy reading yours and others thoughts on these subjects.

But when you start posting dozens of newspaper stories on threads i switch off and stop reading

My intention was to post articles which I think are relevant to the debate relating to any particular thread.
    These posts are usually the daily press front page headlines, an article headline, or a headline with an extract from the article.
    Many of which may be quickly scrolled through with an option of accessing the link to find out more details from the article, or not.
    I have been accused of posting articles that support one side of story, on other threads.
    I would plead guilty to this, but only on the Brexit thread, or anything to do with Boris.
    I suppose that where a topic has generated lots of public interest, there is plenty of press coverage.
    Sometimes the press seems to agree, other times they have opposing views.
    I am sure that many people will have differing views on what is relevant, and what is not.
    For example on this thread, I posted three cartoons, and a short article, last night before going to bed.
    Today I have posted 6 headlines, including links to the particular articles, and 3 photos.
    My view is that to scroll through 6 headlines, with an option of reading any of the articles in question, will take a matter of seconds.
    You might have a different view.
    I also think that the choice of what is relevant, and what is not is a difficult one, on times.
    As is pleasing everybody all the time.
    One thing that exacerbates this is that when people reply to a post which includes say 5 newspaper front pages, they leave them on the reply, so they are repeated, sometimes over and over again.
    People could help themselves on this by deleting the images, before posting the reply.
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

Hi Haysie

But when you start posting dozens of newspaper stories on threads i switch off and stop reading

In order to make my point.
    If you were in my shoes, how many of the 6 headlines would you not have posted today?
    In your shoes how much time would you have saved by scrolling through a lesser number of headlines?
  • Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,477
    edited December 2021
    HAYSIE said:

Jac35 said:

Hi Haysie

If you were in my shoes, how many of the 6 headlines would you not have posted today?
    In your shoes how much time would you have saved by scrolling through a lesser number of headlines?
    Thanks for the reply
    To answer your question. Personally i wouldn’t have posted any of the headlines. It’s my belief that people give up when they have to scroll through to get to comments from forum members

I think on your threads it’s fine, it’s your thread , but maybe not on threads started by others
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,041
    Jac35 said:

HAYSIE said:

Jac35 said:

Hi Haysie

Thanks for the reply
    To answer your question. Personally i wouldn’t have posted any of the headlines. It’s my belief that people give up when they have to scroll through to get to comments from forum members

I think on your threads it’s fine, it’s your thread , but maybe not on threads started by others
    I'm with @Jac35 on this one. It is your thread, and your choice.

But often, just picking your favourite of 6 headline pictures, coupled with more text headlines and the link, may be more user-friendly.

Doesn't really matter to me, simply because I have normally already read the news headlines you quote elsewhere.

Don't always agree with what you say. But always value your opinion.
  • Options
    Jac35 said:

HAYSIE said:

Jac35 said:

Hi Haysie

Thanks for the reply

I am not trying to say you are wrong, that would be silly.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    I respect your opinion.
    You are not the first person to make the point about my posting of an excessive number of articles.
    I just felt the headlines reflect how a story develops.
    Sometimes posting the headlines results in further debate, other times it doesnt.
    Sometimes just posting the headlines results in a debate on something completely, as it has today.
    I have taken note of your views.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Jac35 said:

HAYSIE said:

Jac35 said:

Hi Haysie

Thanks for the reply

But often, just picking your favourite of 6 headline pictures, coupled with more text headlines and the link, may be more user-friendly.

Doesn't really matter to me, simply because I have normally already read the news headlines you quote elsewhere.

Perhaps I will adopt a less is more strategy.
  • Options
  • Options
    tai-gartai-gar Member Posts: 2,593
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Jac35 said:

HAYSIE said:

Jac35 said:

Hi Haysie

Thanks for the reply

Well I quite like your posts and the debates. Keep it up.
  • Options
    tai-gar said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

Jac35 said:

HAYSIE said:

Jac35 said:

Hi Haysie

Thanks for the reply

Well I quite like your posts and the debates. Keep it up.
    Thanks.
  • Options
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Tories are Furious at Boris Johnson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfxXUo90v1U
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Terrified No10 aides and officials are 'p**sing themselves' as they are ordered to attend formal interviews by civil servant leading probe into Christmas party claims

Sue Gray is carrying out out inquiries into three alleged gatherings at No10 and the Department for Education in November and December last year, when indoor mixing was banned.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10355385/Terrified-No10-aides-officials-ordered-attend-Christmas-party-probe-interviews.html
  • Options
  • Options
    Dominic Raab photographed at Chelsea game without a mask

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/dominic-raab-photographed-chelsea-game-181618817.html
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options