You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Never ending story

Comments

• Options
    chillingchilling Member Posts: 3,774
    There appears to be a lot of experts popped up from somewhere.
  • Options
    MAXALLYMAXALLY Member Posts: 17,528

.....the Never Ending Thread.....

:)

I bet Haysie is gutted he didnt start this one.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,013
    HAYSIE said:
    He was and is a threat to public health.
    Not because he is unvaccinated.

Because of his actions while he had an infection.
    And his lying to Australian immigration about those actions.

Many of the unvaccinated will try and portray him as a martyr.
    Rather than the Covid spreading liar that he is.

People need to recognise the important distinction,

Yes-his vaccination status was part of the reason he told lies.
    But-his actions were what caused this. Not his vaccination status.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,118
    Fully vaccinated travellers 'will not need to take Covid test upon returning to UK' as Plan B curbs are 'set to be lifted' with passes and WFH guidance being eased on January 26 as cases continue to drop - but masks are to stay

Fully vaccinated travellers will be able to go on half-term holidays in February without the need to take a test on their return, as the Government prepares to drastically reduce Covid restrictions. Transport Secretary Grant Shapps is said to support the move, which will bolster the travel industry and ease financial pressure on families. The change to the testing rules is expected to be announced on January 26, on the day the Prime Minister will likely lift Plan B restrictions. Health Secretary Sajid Javid expects almost all Covid curbs to end in a fortnight because 'the data is moving in the right direction'. More families are booking half-term breaks since the end of PCRs means around a £300 saving for a family of four. Covid passports and work-from-home guidance for England are also expected to be lifted on January 26 - with an announcement likely within days. The legal requirement to wear facemasks in indoor settings such as shops and public transport is likely to remain.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10406741/Plan-B-curbs-set-lifted-Sajid-Javid-thinks-worst-Covid-crisis-over.html
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    HAYSIE said:

Fully vaccinated travellers 'will not need to take Covid test upon returning to UK' as Plan B curbs are 'set to be lifted' with passes and WFH guidance being eased on January 26 as cases continue to drop - but masks are to stay

Fully vaccinated travellers will be able to go on half-term holidays in February without the need to take a test on their return, as the Government prepares to drastically reduce Covid restrictions. Transport Secretary Grant Shapps is said to support the move, which will bolster the travel industry and ease financial pressure on families. The change to the testing rules is expected to be announced on January 26, on the day the Prime Minister will likely lift Plan B restrictions. Health Secretary Sajid Javid expects almost all Covid curbs to end in a fortnight because 'the data is moving in the right direction'. More families are booking half-term breaks since the end of PCRs means around a £300 saving for a family of four. Covid passports and work-from-home guidance for England are also expected to be lifted on January 26 - with an announcement likely within days. The legal requirement to wear facemasks in indoor settings such as shops and public transport is likely to remain.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10406741/Plan-B-curbs-set-lifted-Sajid-Javid-thinks-worst-Covid-crisis-over.html

This sort of nonsense is not unique to Britain. It is happening around the world.

Governments make judgment calls in relation to infection control. Like the 1 above.

But the ruling is perverse. It is saying that there is not much worry about someone reentering the country who has an infectious disease. But it is a worry if they are unvaccinated.

I don't understand this logic. Right now, insofar as spreading the virus is concerned, Omicron really doesn't seem to care about the carrier's vaccine status. Or "immunity".
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 160,472
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Exactly that. If he had filled his forms in truthfully, & not gone galivanting about in public after testing positive, there would not be a problem.

Bravo the Australian Government.

• Options
    Tikay10 said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Exactly that. If he had filled his forms in truthfully, & not gone galivanting about in public after testing positive, there would not be a problem.

I would be most interested to know what Spain has to say in all of this.

I am sure I am not the only person who would really love to know how exactly he managed to enter Spain while knowing he had an infectious disease.
  • Options
    Novak Djokovic has been caught lying on an immigration form. Lies that, deliberate or not, did have an effect on whether he should be allowed in. A major nation has revoked his entry visa.

That is going to cause Mr Djokovic considerable problems travelling around the world. Quite possibly, insurmountable problems in some places.

But-if it is discovered that he has presented a totally different set of facts to Spanish immigration authorities last month?

His career would then be likely to be over.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Novak Djokovic has been caught lying on an immigration form. Lies that, deliberate or not, did have an effect on whether he should be allowed in. A major nation has revoked his entry visa.

That is going to cause Mr Djokovic considerable problems travelling around the world. Quite possibly, insurmountable problems in some places.

But-if it is discovered that he has presented a totally different set of facts to Spanish immigration authorities last month?

Do you think he will get a 3 year ban from Australia.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

I genuinely have no idea.

I do know that, on the available facts, I would be doing/advising the following:-

1. Saying that, while I didn't agree with the decision, I accepted it
    2. Offering to be of assistance in trying to damp down any protests
    3. Offering to agree not to seek entry to Australia for 11 months, in return for Australia saying it was to be a suspension of indeterminate duration, and that (by agreement with Novaxx) this would not be revisited before December 2022
    4. I'd be trying (and failing) to get Mr Djokovic to have a very public vaccination. Purely for Mr Djokovic's sake. And the sake of his bank balance

And I would be trying to do all that very quickly
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

I do know that, on the available facts, I would be doing/advising the following:-

3. Offering to agree not to seek entry to Australia for 11 months, in return for Australia saying it was to be a suspension of indeterminate duration, and that (by agreement with Novaxx) this would not be revisited before December 2022
    4. I'd be trying (and failing) to get Mr Djokovic to have a very public vaccination. Purely for Mr Djokovic's sake. And the sake of his bank balance

That would be sensible, but he seems to be a bit of a crackpot when it comes to medical/health issues.
  • Options
    HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

Essexphil said:

That would be sensible, but he seems to be a bit of a crackpot when it comes to medical/health issues.
    Don't disagree.

But he is less likely to be a crackpot for his career. Or his legacy. Or his £30 million a year sponsors.
  • Options
  • Options
    I am like a lot of retired Lawyers.

I sometimes sit at home, and wish I was still relevant ;)
    I am sure that there are occasions when the fact that I no longer argue for a living causes me to annoy other people on here.

But one thing ex-lawyers often do is put themselves in the position of people in the news. And wonder what they would advise in that situation.

I thought from the beginning of all this that it was a 50/50 call. He was as likely to win as to lose. All sorts of factors-chance of winning appeal, chance Government would let it lie, chance would be unable to win a Judicial Review. But that is not all. For many people, expense is a factor-but not important here.

Potential risk and reward was key here.

So-win and you get to play in 1 extra Major. Outside (but very real) chance of winning it.

Lose? Clear risk on a lot of fronts. Outside (but very real) chance of never playing in a Major ever again.

I really hope he got similar (or at least robust) advice before. Because otherwise he is looking at major problems
  • Options
    hhyftrftdrhhyftrftdr Member Posts: 8,036
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

Essexphil said:

HAYSIE said:

I would be most interested to know what Spain has to say in all of this.

I am sure I am not the only person who would really love to know how exactly he managed to enter Spain while knowing he had an infectious disease.
    This is a good point, as from early December Spain have only been permitting fully vaccinated arrivals (and this is still the case)

There are likely some exceptions, and money/influence talks, but the average unjabbed man/woman on the street can't get into Spain right now.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

I am like a lot of retired Lawyers.

I sometimes sit at home, and wish I was still relevant ;)
    I am sure that there are occasions when the fact that I no longer argue for a living causes me to annoy other people on here.

But one thing ex-lawyers often do is put themselves in the position of people in the news. And wonder what they would advise in that situation.

I thought from the beginning of all this that it was a 50/50 call. He was as likely to win as to lose. All sorts of factors-chance of winning appeal, chance Government would let it lie, chance would be unable to win a Judicial Review. But that is not all. For many people, expense is a factor-but not important here.

Potential risk and reward was key here.

So-win and you get to play in 1 extra Major. Outside (but very real) chance of winning it.

Lose? Clear risk on a lot of fronts. Outside (but very real) chance of never playing in a Major ever again.

I really hope he got similar (or at least robust) advice before. Because otherwise he is looking at major problems

Wimbledon?