You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

At what point does it become more than just a game?

Comments

• Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    Thick as **** you are waddy.
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Tikay10 said:

"I actually spoke to the top man at The Gambling Commision"

Is it possible to name this person ^ @TheWaddy
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,178
    tomgoodun said:

Tikay10 said:

Only once he's googled it
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592

Thick as **** you are waddy.

Kapowblamz on the Stella again......
    tomgoodun said:

Tikay10 said:

I just asked for the person most likely to be able to answer questions about poker, after the first one had no clue. It was circa 2014, well before the 888 incidents.

Not sure why this is relevant, the guy did nothing wrong, he just hadnt got a clue and admitted he did not know the difference between poker 'luck' and any other gambling 'luck'.

Yes you will have some what you lot perceive to be 'clever' answer to this, but online poker is Regulated by a body that doesnt know poker has any skill or maths to it, so how can they possibly understand why there would be anything wrong with any hand wotsoever.
  • Options
    TrebleAAATrebleAAA Member Posts: 12
    sorry Waddy I personally think there is no difference. the corporate poker sites publicly state the deck random and therefore there is a contract with the subscribers to the site. If it was not random, the Company would be in breach/guilty of misrepresentation.......for slots they publically say the payout algorithm is 75% etc....they do not claim slots are random. unlike poker sites which do.

Corporates would be guilty of misrepresentation and would be open to fines and have their name dragged through media, and although there would be little sympathy i suspect for poker community with the general public the regulators would go searching in other areas of the same companies to see if there is any other unethical/illegal practices.

Ultimately this thread is down to opinion and neither side of the argument can explicitly prove unless we all had access to the 888 Poker Site Base Code and see the algorithms ourselves. Your motive for sites cheating re long term profit point is logical unlike the real idiots at the SNG tables for example who think poker sites hate them personally when they run bad.......it is my opinion that large corporates would not make public misleading statements that are absolute black or white where there is no wriggle room legally i.e. its either random or not, on slots the payout is 75% or not etc. due to governance controls, whistleblowers/ex employees, financial and public image down side risk.

You are very good player based on your ROI, i have no idea whether you are abusive or not in chat....just think you should just time more productively making money / playing the game you love rather than spending time on the phone to try and bring down companies :-).......and i still open minded to the possibility that you don't really feel this way and are directly provoking the audience to achieve the longest ever forum thread!
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    As 'entertaining' as this thread has been, I have one simple question.

If you have had these thoughts and concerns since 2014, when you first engaged with the 'top man at the gambling commission'; why did you continue for one day longer playing online?

Is that not the definition of insanity?
  • Options
    They also said they dont have the resources to look at poker as its own entity and have no involvement other than the certificates which are issued solely on the findings of the external auditor... and thats as far as it goes.

Instead of saying 'div' and 'who said what'.... anyone can ring the Gambling Commision at any time and ask, u really dont have to take my word for it.

I know this info has **** on many on heres chips, as they are convinced with the banner they are somehow incredibly protected by this wonderful governing body. They dont look... they dont look.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    If the company wanted to maximise profits from the SnGs shouldn’t they be using a deck that finishes the games more quickly, rather than dragging them on doubling up the short stacks? Why would they have to use the same deck for the different game types?

And when we say “deck” you’re really talking about rulesets here, pulling cards based on a holding.

None of this makes any sense at all, I’m surprised you’re so persistent.
  • Options
    TVSpice said:

As 'entertaining' as this thread has been, I have one simple question.

If you have had these thoughts and concerns since 2014, when you first engaged with the 'top man at the gambling commission'; why did you continue for one day longer playing online?

Is that not the definition of insanity?

I am no longer a sponsored player, or bigger stakes player as it became impossible after Black Friday. This was the day online poker changed forever. I am still able to eeek out a decent profit for holidays, albeit at a much much slower rate and whilst i was playing $50 sngs as a sponsored player, i just play for the love of it at £1 per game now.

Yes i do think its insane to play for anything more. Even Tikay10 will be able to confirm ive made about £800 from £1 heads up on Sky. I was making the same on 888 DESPITE the one standard result for that one situation. It just got intolerable to know i had to at least double up a low stack, before i could go on to win. Drove me nuts in end, tho was happy to do it just to record for a while and send to 888 to ask how it was happening.
  • Options
    kapowblamzkapowblamz Member Posts: 1,527
    What actually happened was you got lazy, or possibly you're just not cut out for it, and never aspired to put in the hard thinking and study needed to progress in todays tougher games. The only games you can beat are £1 Omaha Hi/Lo on Sky but you refuse to accept that so look for blame elsewhere.

That's almost certainly a fact I'm afraid and sometimes the cold truth can help people progress.
  • Options
    TrebleAAA said:

sorry Waddy I personally think there is no difference. the corporate poker sites publicly state the deck random and therefore there is a contract with the subscribers to the site. If it was not random, the Company would be in breach/guilty of misrepresentation.......for slots they publically say the payout algorithm is 75% etc....they do not claim slots are random. unlike poker sites which do.

Corporates would be guilty of misrepresentation and would be open to fines and have their name dragged through media, and although there would be little sympathy i suspect for poker community with the general public the regulators would go searching in other areas of the same companies to see if there is any other unethical/illegal practices.

Ultimately this thread is down to opinion and neither side of the argument can explicitly prove unless we all had access to the 888 Poker Site Base Code and see the algorithms ourselves. Your motive for sites cheating re long term profit point is logical unlike the real idiots at the SNG tables for example who think poker sites hate them personally when they run bad.......it is my opinion that large corporates would not make public misleading statements that are absolute black or white where there is no wriggle room legally i.e. its either random or not, on slots the payout is 75% or not etc. due to governance controls, whistleblowers/ex employees, financial and public image down side risk.

You are very good player based on your ROI, i have no idea whether you are abusive or not in chat....just think you should just time more productively making money / playing the game you love rather than spending time on the phone to try and bring down companies :-).......and i still open minded to the possibility that you don't really feel this way and are directly provoking the audience to achieve the longest ever forum thread!

I like this answer, it is one of an intelligent guy... take notice Kapowblamz, between cans!

I absolutely undertand all of this, i simply do not have an answer other than what i see and stumbling upon the ultimate 'stuck as standard' 888 situation, after which i already could see many other situations after Black Friday.

None of it makes sense to me, i just feel its a complete mess with regards standards of regulation, conflicts of financial interest, misunderstandings by those regulating and poker being treated as a game of pure luck.

It also does not make sense as regards ex employees, trading standards, misrepresentation either, but i can only go with what maths tells me. People can have opinion, you or me.... but if the maths is saying its impossible, who should i lean towards believing... the maths (pretty concrete) or sites that have entered the market to make money from it and maximise their profit and also continue to add even more 'luck' games to their repetoire?(pretty flimsy).

I honestly take what you sayin on board, as there is nothing there untrue or speculative.
  • Options
    i do regret using the term 'top man' at The Gambling Commision, as despite all the relevant and really interesting stuff for poker players in the post, it appears its all you guys are interested in!

There is no 'top man' at The Gambling Commision for poker, i was just saying i spoke to the one who was regarded there as the best one to speak to. It came out as 'top man'.

NB I spoke to the man who that when i asked for the best person to speak to with regards to regualtion of poker, i was put through to him.
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Guess its easier to blame the deck than work at your game so you can maintain win rates in the games you play.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,701
    You haven’t read properly Matt, he wins the games it just takes him longer due to the constant doubling up of the shorter stacks.
  • Options
    mumsiemumsie Member Posts: 7,362
    You say don't comment till we read what you put in full.

Here is some of your contradictory gibberish.

You spoke with the top man.

Now its the weekend cleaner.

You need to have a chat with misterPJ, hes your man.
  • Options
    TVSpiceTVSpice Member Posts: 1,241
    NB I spoke to the man who that when i asked for the best person to speak to with regards to regualtion of poker, i was put through to him.

You are aware that there are over 350 employees at the Gambling Commission?

You are also aware in just the last three years, there have been 112 regulatory issues dealt with by the Gambling Commission.

You must also be aware that Sky Betting and Gaming has not had one single warning/fine/revoked license for anything connected to its business.

There are some big names that have suffered the consequences of not following the stringent rules but Sky Betting and Gaming is not one of them.

If you were really that convinced of the veracity of what you suggest and you honestly felt that you were a) not being taken seriously, b) not speaking to the right person who would understand your concerns or c) being fobbed off because this conspiracy stretched into the darkest corners of the Gambling Commission, why did you not put your concerns in writing to the Sec of State for the Dept of Digital, Culture, Media & Sport? Or at the very least a member of the Executive Board for the Gambling Commission? The lady who might have set your mind at rest and/or taken your concerns further has worked in her position since 2014. She has a very impressive CV.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,178
    Wonder if he is no longer sponsored because he questioned his sponsors integrity, although maybe his definition of sponsored needs examining.

I was a sponsored athlete last March. Not by any of the big athletic brands but by you guys and others because I was completing a charity challenge.

Was I a sponsored athlete ? Yes. So I was like Mo Farrah ? Erm no.

• Options
    Yes i wonder... except i gave you the company and the amounts they gave me daily... and maybe i did this and maybe i did that... great post!
  • Options
    Im looking at other posts as never usually come on forum and im now understanding there is around 10 of you who ever use it to reply. :D:D:D

Look at the amount of posts next to your names.

I used to go on the Full Tilt one, where the reg repliers to posts all use the terms like 'Rigtard' and would answer posts like 'if they ever were found out they would lose their licence you rigtard, why wud they take that chance'.

Very aggressive, very loyal brown nosing individuals, hoping the site would make them somekind of ambassador in return for spending most their life defending their site. They would have felt stupid in 2011 wouldnt they.

Thats not whats happening here at all is it :D:D

Mumsie 5194 posts... 5194!... full time job with her window cleaner great great comments. The Edge 2412 Mattbates 3981 Tomgoodun 2984... and kapowblamz 1284. would have done more but can only answer a post if its relevant to say 'you divvy' , which was a term abolished in 1979 :D

So as we are not getting to speak to other players, i will leave u to you little sad coffee group, you certainly havent got any time to play poker so wont understand anyway... 5194!!!!!
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,634
    I've never heard rigtard used once on this forum .. stokefc 5784 posts