You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Heads up Omaha Hi Lo standard result

Comments

• Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Helissio2Small blind10.0010.001310.00
    TheWaddyBig blind20.0030.001660.00
    Your hole cards
    • J
    Helissio2Raise50.0080.001260.00
    TheWaddyCall40.00120.001620.00
    Flop
    TheWaddyCheck
    Helissio2Bet90.00210.001170.00
    TheWaddyRaise390.00600.001230.00
    Helissio2All-in1170.001770.000.00
    TheWaddyAll-in1230.003000.000.00
    TheWaddyUnmatched bet360.002640.00360.00
    Helissio2Show
    • A
    TheWaddyShow
    • J
    Turn
    River
    Helissio2Win highFlush to the 81320.001320.00
    Helissio2Win low8-low1320.002640.00
    Helissio posted his comment moments before playing me. I flopped nut straight. It won no part of the pot. Great timing for my original comment.

You flop straight heads up... you lose by river... thems the sky rules, there is no variation of the result of this hand.
    You are calling a preflop raise with that????

Try using https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tools/odds-calculator/omaha

I had 16% chance to scoop the pot. You had 1%!
    Oh and i will just say you dont know my holding before the cards are revealed. Its easy to talk equity afterwards. If you are piling all in with just A2 and no hi here heads up, in most circumstances you will be lucky to split and virtually never scoop. Correct play would be to keep pot small as possible on the flop, not reraising.

But crack on.
    I had A27. So it would take a lot for me not to win the LO hand.
    You didnt know wot i had. You wouldnt do any different without a 7. You were just looking at your A2. Its what you do.
  • Options
    Helissio2Helissio2 Member Posts: 61
    TheWaddy said:

Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Your hole cards
    • J
    Flop
    TheWaddyCheck
    Helissio2Show
    • A
    TheWaddyShow
    • J
    Turn
    River
    Helissio posted his comment moments before playing me. I flopped nut straight. It won no part of the pot. Great timing for my original comment.

You flop straight heads up... you lose by river... thems the sky rules, there is no variation of the result of this hand.

Oh and i will just say you dont know my holding before the cards are revealed. Its easy to talk equity afterwards. If you are piling all in with just A2 and no hi here heads up, in most circumstances you will be lucky to split and virtually never scoop. Correct play would be to keep pot small as possible on the flop, not reraising.

But crack on.
    You didnt know wot i had. You wouldnt do any different without a 7. You were just looking at your A2. Its what you do.
    No I had 3 cards which were live for the low. Please explain to me the chances of losing the low if I reraised all in?

And for all you know I had the nut straight too and a better low than you. Yet you still called the all in.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Essexphil said:

Now you are just embarrassing yourself.

To counterfeit the hand, you have to hit both the A and the 2.

It may be the case that, due to the general standard of players at the teeny-tiny stakes you play, your play may be justifiable. But you were not unlucky.

And, if by "plain foolish" you mean mathematically incontrovertible fact, I can see why you don't want to debate from an impossible position.

There are 6 combinations of nut straight where it is mathematically impossible not to win any part of the hand.

You just keep telling yourself you are right. "Fact" indeed :)

Once again you are ignoring the fact, which i have stated, that he would do this with just A2 and 2 high cards. So he doesnt have to hit both an ace or 2 just one is fine.

Someones 'embarrassing themselves' by not reading the threads properly and austistically not being able to get away from what we actually held. The decision was not based on this.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Essexphil said:

It may be the case that, due to the general standard of players at the teeny-tiny stakes you play, your play may be justifiable. But you were not unlucky.

And, if by "plain foolish" you mean mathematically incontrovertible fact, I can see why you don't want to debate from an impossible position.

There are 6 combinations of nut straight where it is mathematically impossible not to win any part of the hand.

Once again you are ignoring the fact, which i have stated, that he would do this with just A2 and 2 high cards. So he doesnt have to hit both an ace or 2 just one is fine. But all you do is look at revealed hands and not the info behind the player.
    But i didnt do it with A2 and 2 high cards.

TheWaddy skypoker isnt against you, there is no conspiracy.

And THE EARTH IS NOT FLAT. >:)
  • Options
    Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Your hole cards
    • J
    Flop
    TheWaddyCheck
    Helissio2Show
    • A
    TheWaddyShow
    • J
    Turn
    River

But crack on.
    No I had 3 cards which were live for the low. Please explain to me the chances of losing the low if I reraised all in?

And for all you know I had the nut straight too and a better low than you. Yet you still called the all in.
    My notes were correct that you would do this with just A2. Simple as.
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    bbMike said:

TheWaddy said:

in most circumstances you will be lucky to split and virtually never scoop. Correct play would be to keep pot small as possible on the flop, not reraising.

Is correct, for your hand. Seems bad to raise and continue shovelling it in with a terrible low hand here.

This thing of flopping nut straight and always losing, does it affect everyone and all formats of PLO8 or is it just you in specific buy-in HU games?
    The question I have is why would you check raise the flop with a straight if a flopped straight ALWAYS loses?

Haven't played HU PLO8 on Sky for ages, I should make more effort.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    TheWaddy said:

Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Your hole cards
    • J
    Flop
    TheWaddyCheck
    Helissio2Show
    • A
    TheWaddyShow
    • J
    Turn
    River

But crack on.

Maybe you should add to your notes: "There are 4 cards in Omaha." :-)
  • Options
    Doooobs said:

bbMike said:

TheWaddy said:

in most circumstances you will be lucky to split and virtually never scoop. Correct play would be to keep pot small as possible on the flop, not reraising.

Is correct, for your hand. Seems bad to raise and continue shovelling it in with a terrible low hand here.

This thing of flopping nut straight and always losing, does it affect everyone and all formats of PLO8 or is it just you in specific buy-in HU games?
    The question I have is why would you check raise the flop with a straight if a flopped straight ALWAYS loses?

Look forward to seeing you at the tables!
  • Options
    Doooobs said:

bbMike said:

TheWaddy said:

I have been logging it for a while after noticing on numerous occasions. I dont usually bet it, nevermind raise because of this. This was purely based on my notes saying Helissio has lost games to me, doing this with A2 only, no other low cards, no hi.

I think when you only have seconds to act the above came into my mind rather than the auto lose fact. When i couldnt see a way out for him on the hi and then it happened, i only then realised i had raised the auto lose flopped straight.

I have never seen one win on the site. That is my experience. Whether other people have won a hand with a flopped nut straight, i have no idea. But my combined odds are impossible, so if i have impossible outcomes, i tend not to believe too much.
  • Options
    Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Your hole cards
    • J
    Flop
    TheWaddyCheck
    Helissio2Show
    • A
    TheWaddyShow
    • J
    Turn
    River

But crack on.

Maybe you should add to your notes: "There are 4 cards in Omaha." :-)
    No problem. I am happy to all in with you heads up all day with a nut high against a counterfeitable lo only.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Doooobs said:

bbMike said:

TheWaddy said:

I have been logging it for a while after noticing on numerous occasions. I dont usually bet it, nevermind raise because of this. This was purely based on my notes saying Helissio has lost games to me, doing this with A2 only, no other low cards, no hi.

I think when you only have seconds to act the above came into my mind rather than the auto lose fact. When i couldnt see a way out for him on the hi and then it happened, i only then realised i had raised the auto lose flopped straight.

I have never seen one win on the site. That is my experience. Whether other people have won a hand with a flopped nut straight, i have no idea. But my combined odds are impossible, so if i have impossible outcomes, i tend not to believe too much.
    You would love PL Omaha HI!
  • Options
    Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Essexphil said:

Once again you are ignoring the fact, which i have stated, that he would do this with just A2 and 2 high cards. So he doesnt have to hit both an ace or 2 just one is fine. But all you do is look at revealed hands and not the info behind the player.

the decision was based on you doing this with only A2, no other lo cards, no high hand on many occasions, a mistake you regulary make. i was reasonably happy to see what you did have, as it was highly unlikely with a real deck to find a better high hand for you.
    Unfortunately though, there is only one outcome with this deck when you flop a nut straight and i had overlooked this in the moment when i knew you would just have A2.
    The raise was simply playing the player and not something id do with a good player.
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Helissio2 said:

TheWaddy said:

Essexphil said:

the decision was based on you doing this with only A2, no other lo cards, no high hand on many occasions, a mistake you regulary make. i was reasonably happy to see what you did have, as it was highly unlikely with a real deck to find a better high hand for you.
    Unfortunately though, there is only one outcome with this deck when you flop a nut straight and i had overlooked this in the moment when i knew you would just have A2.
    The raise was simply playing the player and not something id do with a good player.
    'A real deck!' LOL - THE EARTH IS NOT FLAT!!!
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    Thewaddy, what do you mean a real deck?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Lets consider the difference between a real deck and an online deck.

I have just set up a flop with me holding a nut straight and dealt the cards to an imaginary opponent, switching from 2 suited cards on the flop to 1 and so forth. I won the hi pot 5/5 times.

A few of the times the opponent didnt even make a pair.

On the Sky deck i have never seen the straight hold against just the heads opponent (we are not talking full table here), i have never won even part of the pot in all the logged hands and all the ones i had noticed before in order for me to start logging in the first place.

So i would say there is a clear difference in the performance of each deck, varying from 100% real deck to never with the magic Sky deck.

Before you shout, this is MY EXPERIENCE of how it has panned out, no-one can say differently. So its just a case of how you choose to decipher the information. I have to look at what the maths is telling me and absolutely nothing else or any other influence. I have to.

There is no 'no but this, no but that', there is a clear difference in how the maths has panned out in this example.

Its all about the maths, as this is the only 'fact' in this argument either way.
  • Options
    So you continue to play with a supposedly rigged deck. And we're the idiots are we?. Try playing down your local casino, I'm sure hu plo8 games are running all day every day
  • Options
    I'm surprised sky continues to allow you to play as you're always claiming it's a rigged site
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,256
    I for one would not like to think that Sky would prevent him from playing, if for no other reason than he is good for a laugh and at least creates traffic on the forum.

Bit like that bloke down the boozer who everybody thinks is a bit weird but then occasionally cracks everyone up with a random outburst.
  • Options
    Deluded more than funny
  • Options
    DoooobsDoooobs Member Posts: 240
    TheWaddy said:

Lets consider the difference between a real deck and an online deck.

I have just set up a flop with me holding a nut straight and dealt the cards to an imaginary opponent, switching from 2 suited cards on the flop to 1 and so forth. I won the hi pot 5/5 times.

A few of the times the opponent didnt even make a pair.

On the Sky deck i have never seen the straight hold against just the heads opponent (we are not talking full table here), i have never won even part of the pot in all the logged hands and all the ones i had noticed before in order for me to start logging in the first place.

So i would say there is a clear difference in the performance of each deck, varying from 100% real deck to never with the magic Sky deck.

Before you shout, this is MY EXPERIENCE of how it has panned out, no-one can say differently. So its just a case of how you choose to decipher the information. I have to look at what the maths is telling me and absolutely nothing else or any other influence. I have to.

There is no 'no but this, no but that', there is a clear difference in how the maths has panned out in this example.

Its all about the maths, as this is the only 'fact' in this argument either way.

Interesting, your real deck seems to be "rigged", as you'd expect to lose 1 time in 5 in the scenario you told us about* Think I'd stick to online if I were you.

* Yeah, I know that randomness doesn't work this way