You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Heads up Omaha Hi Lo standard result

Comments

• Options
    Jac35Jac35 Member Posts: 6,479
    TheWaddy said:

When you play for 30mins in a heads up game against someone who is betting bottom pair, no draw on flops and both the next streets, is checking out a nut lo with 2 4 in hand on the river... and ends up needing endless runners and gets the lot.....

When the player doesnt know what the **** is going on, online you is in big trouble... No giving away allowed! You end up playing the deck rather than the player, the opponents contribution is insignificant, may as well not be there! Its disappointing sitting there, saying out aloud two 6's... and two 6's appear turn and river... ive never been abe to do that at a home game.

The very easiest of games you could ever possibly get... but end up losing in a slow structured game... hmmmm, odd.

Poker maybe isn’t for you
    You keep losing to players that you don’t think know how to play

Maybe it’s not rigged
    Maybe you’re not very good
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    edited September 2022
    Maybe i win 8 out of 10 which is my record, but thanks for your well thought out comment.

Players are going mad for pairs and not betting out a nut low whilst holding no hi hand, heads up on the river.... and your assessment is that 'poker isnt for me' and 'youre not very good'.... I am not sure how you are arriving at that, given the info, but it appears to be another schoolyard jibe....

Maybe banter isnt for you. Maybe youre not very good at it. :D
  • Options
    So SkyChips has hit numerous rivers, in a game where he is going mad out of position with beaten hands, but the auto bink is in top form....

So i say in chat box 'im just going to get it all in with you preflop when i have it, as this is just stuck in helping you out'.... a hand later;
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    TheWaddySmall blind30.0030.001140.00
    skychipsBig blind60.0090.001770.00
    Your hole cards
    • A
    • A
    TheWaddyRaise90.00180.001050.00
    skychipsRaise300.00480.001470.00
    TheWaddyRaise960.001440.0090.00
    skychipsRaise1440.002880.0030.00
    TheWaddyAll-in90.002970.000.00
    skychipsUnmatched bet630.002340.00660.00
    TheWaddyShow
    • A
    • A
    skychipsShow
    • K
    • A
    • J
    Flop
    • K
    • Q
    • Q
    Turn
    River
    skychipsWin highStraight to the Ace2340.003000.00
    No qualifying low hand
    Well i didnt see that coming at all.... can we not bet on a betting site on games that appear to have an outcome which is 'stuck on one result, for one player'? Put your money where your mouth is!
  • Options
    edited September 2022

Just about as good as you can get it all in preflop at hi lo....... The combined odds of the whole game enormous.... culminating in a 4-1 scoop... Was 6.5-1 to win the low... Heads up ....

I dont mind losing..... its the knowing before the cards come out that the 4-1 is definitely going to win and not being able to bet on it... just a tad tedious....
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    You lost a 1/4 shot, must be horrible.
  • Options
    It is when you know the result in advance.....
  • Options
    TheWaddy said:

Maybe i win 8 out of 10 which is my record, but thanks for your well thought out comment.

Players are going mad for pairs and not betting out a nut low whilst holding no hi hand, heads up on the river.... and your assessment is that 'poker isnt for me' and 'youre not very good'.... I am not sure how you are arriving at that, given the info, but it appears to be another schoolyard jibe....

Maybe banter isnt for you. Maybe youre not very good at it. :D

Maybe banter isn’t for me.
    Maybe you are unaware of apostrophes.
  • Options
    Maybe you don’t have a basic understanding of poker
    If you win 8 out of 10 then you’re doing very well. The reason you can win that amount is that at your level players make many mistakes. Sometimes they will get lucky and that’s just fine.
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    58% to scoop is 4 to 1 in your favour is it? If the hands were reversed would you ever fold that
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    TheWaddy said:

Just about as good as you can get it all in preflop at hi lo....... The combined odds of the whole game enormous.... culminating in a 4-1 scoop... Was 6.5-1 to win the low... Heads up ....

I dont mind losing..... its the knowing before the cards come out that the 4-1 is definitely going to win and not being able to bet on it... just a tad tedious....

The hand you posted is as follows (from the cardplayer screen shot you posted) -

Scoop - 58.15% v 20.70%
    Hi - 71.28% v 28.26%
    Lo - 35.30% v 13.90%
    Ev - 69% v 31%

Can you please explain where you get the 4-1 and 6.5-1 figures from?

The fact that you bleat and moan every time your 2:1 hands don't hold up , combined with the claim that you're winning 80% of your HU games, suggests that you are running well above EV.

God help us when you start to run badly.
  • Options
    bbMikebbMike Member Posts: 3,702
    He’s having a moan about the opponent scooping, which is happening 20% of the time (80:20, 4:1).

The key is that he knew this outcome was actually 100% and would bet on it accordingly if given the opportunity.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,282
    bbMike said:

He’s having a moan about the opponent scooping, which is happening 20% of the time (80:20, 4:1).

The key is that he knew this outcome was actually 100% and would bet on it accordingly if given the opportunity.

But it's not 4:1, scoop odds are 58% to 20% so less than 3:1, no one scoops the rest of the time.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Him winning the lo, or scooping are these odds for him to do that. I didnt say the remaining odds where my chances did i....
    bbMike said:

I put in the chat box that i could play for another 30mins, but there was no point when when the deck was obliging over and over.... i said i would go all in preflop when next had a half decent starting hand, just to get the game over... why play and waste my time when im in a predetermined game.

I think the result from the hands we had, told us i was correct in writing this game off early, with yet another auto win.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    It takes a special kind of stupid to pay money to enter a game which you know is programmed for you to lose
  • Options
    Lol, i dont know until i see who the opponent is, how they are playing and then see a mountain of long odds river saves.... only then can i see that clearly there is only going to be one result, whatever they need.....
  • Options
    Just had another versus Catalan.... just simply was not allowed to giveaway... You then see the set ups too, were it will give you a straight or trips on river... but you know they have slow played an already flopped flush.... skillfully dodged all them, but the endless min bet flops by him with abs nothing, that turned into something won the day.

Why wouldnt you bet every hand if the previous 34 runnered something beautiful!??

Hooray!
  • Options
    Were it will? Do you speak English?
  • Options
    And another! This time a player who totally ignored the low and only played the hi... i barely won a hand.....

Dwindling player numbers bonus day, see them a mile off.... blocked any giveaway....
  • Options
    I'll get my violin out shall I?
  • Options
    Just got stuck in the 2-45pm hi lo tournament, where every day one player is picked to win every hand they play, whatever they hold.

Its these situations that would be an absolute dream to be able to bet on the outcomes.... 100% after 100% guaranteed returns.....

Really dont know what you players insisting all is normal are seeing.......