You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Greatest Hero Call Ever? $269K pot won with Jack High

DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
edited September 2022 in Poker Chat

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Garrett did some major complaining off camera and pressured her into giving him the money back. Seems a bit wrong to me as he certainly would have kept all of the money if he had won the hand. Accusations of foul play, but why would you cheat when it's a flip on the river and agree to run it twice?
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268

How is she supposed to have cheated? Was given info from the booth perhaps?

All very odd.
  • Options
  • Options

Loving your work @Dozza

Thank you.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    All looks very suss to me. When she said she only has a bluff catcher, well she only has a bluff catcher when the bluff doesn't contain a card higher than a J. Near the end she actually said she thought he had A high, which had her crushed and she called? Very strange, I can understand why he was annoyed and the fact that she appears to have given the money back speaks volumes.
  • Options
    Apparently she had J3 the previous hand, which might be why she asks whether a pair of 3s are good before calling the all-in. So could be a case of misreading her hand, then being too embarrassed to admit that so she tries to come up with other reasons for the call instead.
  • Options
    EnutEnut Member Posts: 3,288
    Dozza said:

Apparently she had J3 the previous hand, which might be why she asks whether a pair of 3s are good before calling the all-in. So could be a case of misreading her hand, then being too embarrassed to admit that so she tries to come up with other reasons for the call instead.

So just admit that and keep the $264K? I could put up with a bit of embarrassment for $264K.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,283
    Enut said:

Dozza said:

So just admit that and keep the $264K? I could put up with a bit of embarrassment for $264K.
    Hey I'd put up with it for $26.40
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    'I thought you were on Ace high'...

so I called you with my Jack high

:D:D:D:D:D

VERY dodgy
  • Options
    MattBatesMattBates Member Posts: 4,118
    Tikay10 said:

Definitely feels suss.

I won't be sitting in their $100/200/400 game until this matter is resolved.

Once this is resolved, I am sure you would be welcome any time and they would probably even pay for your flights over there.

@Sky__James will you be allocating any of the marketing/promo budget to get @Tikay10 in the game?
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    MattBates said:

Tikay10 said:

Definitely feels suss.

I won't be sitting in their $100/200/400 game until this matter is resolved.

Once this is resolved, I am sure you would be welcome any time and they would probably even pay for your flights over there.

@Sky__James will you be allocating any of the marketing/promo budget to get @Tikay10 in the game?
    You've already won it so doubtful :p
  • Options

Ooh, very good @stokefc very good.
  • Options
    LARSON7LARSON7 Member Posts: 4,491
    One of the strangest poker hands ever!

I’ve been going back and forth on this all day initially more on the side of just bad play to laterally thinking there is cheating going on.

It was the vibrating coat that swung it for me.

• Options
    What a terrible spot to choose for the person in charge of allegedly sending vibrations to this coat. To risk being exposed as cheaters to the world just to have a coin flip on the river.
  • Options
  • Options
    kawamattyzkawamattyz Member Posts: 2
    In a completely unrelated matter - I just lost AQs to Q9s in the £22 rebuy main event allin preflop to some donk. I definitely got cheated by him somehow: give me my money back
  • Options

In a completely unrelated matter - I just lost AQs to Q9s in the £22 rebuy main event allin preflop to some donk. I definitely got cheated by him somehow: give me my money back

wow ,it happens, just forget it, it's not 260k like here and being cheated at that
  • Options
    edited September 2022

I find it quite bizarre that you feel you've been cheated , have we had a drink mate