You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Greatest Hero Call Ever? $269K pot won with Jack High

Comments

• Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 529
    I think he had to do that. The body language video is the best analysis I've seen. It's rare for me to go full circle, but I highly doubt there's cheating going on and Garrett hasn't come out of this well. Recs make nonsensical plays all day long and we should be happy about it, even when they win the hand. I get why Garrett was annoyed with his expert knowledge of how a hand should be played, plus he felt emasculated, but the way Robbi was treated was just not on. Yes, you can ask for an investigation, but I actually felt sorry for her seeing the interview after the hand.
  • Options
    DozzaDozza Member Posts: 286
    The cynics are saying that is still Robbi's money and he is donating it to get tax relief for himself. It will be interesting to see whether he gives any additional money back to Robbi if the investigation finds she didn't cheat.
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    She's admitted that she was staked by someone who was on the same table, so it wasnt even her money to lose. But is it an admission of guilt to give back the money so quickly?
  • Options
    Kinda6677 said:

She's admitted that she was staked by someone who was on the same table, so it wasnt even her money to lose. But is it an admission of guilt to give back the money so quickly?

On face value, maybe. But then cheats tend to deny until their blue in the face. I found the body language guys' analysis on her interview nteresting here. Basically, she comes across as somebody that wants to be socially accepted and not upset anybody. That's def the profile of somebody that would give the money back. Forget that it's over $100k, it's all relative to the person.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    An update from High Stakes Poker Production. It's very suspicious how Robbi chose not to press charges against an employee of the production team who took 15k from her stack. Could they have found a possible accomplice?

• Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
  • Options
    TheWaddyTheWaddy Member Posts: 1,592
    The mystery deepens! I had an open mind after intially seeing the hand footage...

The body language in depth analogy and the Robbi interview, suggested to me that she misread her hand and was not able to admit it at the table... She was being gobby and keeping up appearances/persona at the table... and once she didnt admit misreading her hand from the off, the explanations dug her deeper and deeper into BS territory. The BS and inexplicable actions, the first thought from people is shes cheating, whereas i think she was just trying to keep up appearances in an embarrassing situation for her.

She felt afterall, that men didnt give her credit and now she has won a huge pot... but just through an error on her part... hardly the way to gain respect!

She had caught the bluff (all be it a semi bluff), something she had been looking to do to Garrett... but had unfortunately done it whilst making a rookie mistake. Once you have told someone via a bit of needle that you are going to catch them out, or outplay them if they continue to bully... and then you do it, but realise you dont have a pair of 3's and just Jack high... is there much more of a more embarrassing situation when you are claiming to be a better player and are on tv?

I thought that was that as far as i was concerned, but now the $15k take and no action? All again looks dodgy... but would an employee really take his cut in this manner!?? Surely that would be done in a brown envelope at a much later date.....
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,274
    edited October 2022
    Here's a thread by Galen Hall, who might be the most intelligent poker player I've ever met. Click the Tweet to see the "thread".

• Options
    edited October 2022
    TheWaddy said:

The mystery deepens! I had an open mind after intially seeing the hand footage...
    I thought that was that as far as i was concerned, but now the $15k take and no action? All again looks dodgy... but would an employee really take his cut in this manner!?? Surely that would be done in a brown envelope at a much later date.....

Robbi returned the money to Garrett so the employee was probably concerned about not getting his 10% cut. That would explain taking the 15k directly from the stack.

• Options
  • Options
    "Thank you for sparing me" is a key sentence in this message. Robbi had no idea about this guys alleged backstory when she didn't press charges against someone who 'stole' 15k from her. I am leaning heavily towards cheats now.
  • Options
    Someone steals 15k from you and the 1st thing you ask them is can they go on a podcast :D

Nothing about what happened to the money and whether it can be returned :s
  • Options
    goldnballzgoldnballz Member Posts: 2,791
    Most staged 'text' I have ever read :D

100% cheat

well ... 99.9%
  • Options
    rabdenirorabdeniro Member Posts: 4,231
    This is better than a Agatha Christie who dunnit.
  • Options

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Game set & match?
  • Options
    Helissio2Helissio2 Member Posts: 61
    So can this Bryan guy see what the river card would be?

Because just seeing the whole cards isnt much help. J4 vs 89(suited clubs)
    on 10 9 9 3 board with two clubs.

If i was holding J4 i wouldnt call an all in over $100 000 even if i knew that my opponent had 89.

• Options
    Dozza said:
    Not a lot of facts in this report, albeit there's some doubt about this being a clean game.