You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Strikes.

Comments

• HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 35,047
  • DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,975
    I actually am not on the side of the rail strikes. I know its small sample size but what I have seen at Bournemouth station quite frankly scum does not even begin to sum it up.

So on Tuesday I was at the station and I asked about the strikes the guy said yeah they are striking all next week. I said "I guess I will get the buses next week then."
    they then said that "their union controls some of the buses so you might not be able to guess you will have to stay home next week"
    I pointed out I am not on the train platform at 7.30 am for the fun of it I have got to get to work.
    with absolute delight he said with a massive smile on his face sorry for the inconvenience

Here is the thing they do not control the buses in my area they control the buses in London I have looked into this. In London they control the tubes the buses and the trains So yeah if you live in London you are kind of screwed.

Here is the thing though the guy had genuinely hoped I would just believe him stay home not go into work get fired be homeless and die starving in the cold.

This is pretty far from the reality I would face because,
    1. My job allows you to work from home once you have passed training half the week. if a strike did stopped the buses they would organise car pools and if that did not work they would just let everyone work from home.
    2. we talk at work so I would have been informed had I not looked it up on my way into work.
    3. If somehow for whatever reason I did lose my job I could easily walk right back into other jobs I have had They always wanted more work out of me and they are always trying to get other workers.
    4. even if I could not walk right back into my other jobs and somehow lost my current job I have savings that would last me for several months
    5. I am profitable at poker so I could do that for a while whilst looking for work to
    6. if I got fired from my job did not get taken back by any other jobs could not get work when applying had my savings disappear over night was unable to play online poker for whatever reason and was broke with no income my family would help me out.

I actually have more chance of winning sunday million by getting in for one stake of $3 then I do of becoming homeless over this.

and note I am not saying the odds of me pulling that off are likely they are very unlikely that is kind of my point there.

more the guy did not know this about me he genuinely hoped I would die of the cold been homeless due to his lies because that might help him get more support for his cause in his mind to get a raise on their already over priced salaries.

this is not just the one guy though his attitude is very representative off the union as a whole and they are over paid already the average worker there gets over £35000 a year from what I have been reading.

they are scum I am sorry if that is controversial I dont often get political here but I genuinely hate that guy now, and to me he is a symbol of their whole union.
  • lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,728
    I'm awaiting a response like a kid on Christmas Eve...
    Doubleme said:

I actually am not on the side of the rail strikes. I know its small sample size but what I have seen at Bournemouth station quite frankly scum does not even begin to sum it up.

So on Tuesday I was at the station and I asked about the strikes the guy said yeah they are striking all next week. I said "I guess I will get the buses next week then."
    they then said that "their union controls some of the buses so you might not be able to guess you will have to stay home next week"
    I pointed out I am not on the train platform at 7.30 am for the fun of it I have got to get to work.
    with absolute delight he said with a massive smile on his face sorry for the inconvenience

Here is the thing they do not control the buses in my area they control the buses in London I have looked into this. In London they control the tubes the buses and the trains So yeah if you live in London you are kind of screwed.

Here is the thing though the guy had genuinely hoped I would just believe him stay home not go into work get fired be homeless and die starving in the cold.

1. My job allows you to work from home once you have passed training half the week. if a strike did stopped the buses they would organise car pools and if that did not work they would just let everyone work from home.
    2. we talk at work so I would have been informed had I not looked it up on my way into work.
    3. If somehow for whatever reason I did lose my job I could easily walk right back into other jobs I have had They always wanted more work out of me and they are always trying to get other workers.
    4. even if I could not walk right back into my other jobs and somehow lost my current job I have savings that would last me for several months
    5. I am profitable at poker so I could do that for a while whilst looking for work to
    6. if I got fired from my job did not get taken back by any other jobs could not get work when applying had my savings disappear over night was unable to play online poker for whatever reason and was broke with no income my family would help me out.

I actually have more chance of winning sunday million by getting in for one stake of $3 then I do of becoming homeless over this.

and note I am not saying the odds of me pulling that off are likely they are very unlikely that is kind of my point there.

more the guy did not know this about me he genuinely hoped I would die of the cold been homeless due to his lies because that might help him get more support for his cause in his mind to get a raise on their already over priced salaries.

this is not just the one guy though his attitude is very representative off the union as a whole and they are over paid already the average worker there gets over £35000 a year from what I have been reading.

they are scum I am sorry if that is controversial I dont often get political here but I genuinely hate that guy now, and to me he is a symbol of their whole union.

This whole post is based on your assumption that the strikers want you to die.
    You havent made it clear whether you think they want all their passengers to die, or that they are just picking on you.
    A psychiatrist would probably have something to say, if out of the many millions of passengers, they just want you to die.
    Maybe some sort of complex.
    The alternative is that they want all their passengers to die, although you would have to question the viability of this as a plan.
    No passengers would mean no trains, buses, or tubes, and therefore no jobs, and a complete waste of time going on strike.
    HAYSIE said:

Doubleme said:

This whole post is based on your assumption that the strikers want you to die.
    You havent made it clear whether you think they want all their passengers to die, or that they are just picking on you.
    A psychiatrist would probably have something to say, if out of the many millions of passengers, they just want you to die.
    Maybe some sort of complex.
    The alternative is that they want all their passengers to die, although you would have to question the viability of this as a plan.
    No passengers would mean no trains, buses, or tubes, and therefore no jobs, and a complete waste of time going on strike.
    I dont think its anything personal to me. The guy met me for around a minute or two short of picking his son up and throwing them in front of an oncoming train I find it hard to imagine what I could do in that time to invoke such a personal dislike.
    (I am not sure if the guy has a son just an example)

Nor do I think they want all their customers to die.

I think its just they want some people to lose their livelyhoods and suffer and some to die in the cold because they think it will help them get more money in their demands.

Eg say they 30,000 people die in the cold due to losing their jobs or business then that could potentially put more pressure for them to get their demands met.

I do not think its anything personal in a weird way that is kind of my point I think this guy was so narcistic that it cannot be personal because he does not see me as a human being or living entity at all. merely a story or means to an end to better his life.

I would expect him to have the same desire and attitude to nearly every customer on the platform.
  • VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,272
    There is a certain irony that military personnel are expected to cancel their (already disrupted) Christmas plans to cover Trade Union strikes... while being paid LESS than those they are standing in for.
    VespaPX said:

There is a certain irony that military personnel are expected to cancel their (already disrupted) Christmas plans to cover Trade Union strikes... while being paid LESS than those they are standing in for.

bet they would love if this somehow caused some soldiers to die they would think that might help them get even more money on their already over paid salaries.

I respect the military, i dont respect the rail union. Maybe this means we might get served by decent people at the train stations for a change.
  • Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 167,273