You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Anything World Cup Related

Comments

• Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,572
    called it there was absolutely no way France ever stood a chance if this was a fair competition and the whole world cup was not bent sure France would have won this one. But Qatar was never going to tolerate a European pro Gay rights country winning.

Messi was always going to dive and he was always going to get penalties. and once it went to penalties no one can beat the argies there they are super experienced at taking penalties from all the dives they do.

this world cup was corrupt and rigged from the start. Fifa is a joke.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 7,999
    lucy4 said:

Great quote from Ally Mccoist describing Kylian Mbappé's third goal, the first player to score a hat trick in a world cup final where all 3 goals have been over the line :D

Great.
    And followed on from another great bit of commentary...

McCoist: "Has anyone ever scored a hat-trick in a World Cup Final before?"
    Matterface:"Of course. Would you like me to remind you who?"
    McCoist:"No."
  • Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,028
    Doubleme said:

called it there was absolutely no way France ever stood a chance if this was a fair competition and the whole world cup was not bent sure France would have won this one. But Qatar was never going to tolerate a European pro Gay rights country winning.

Messi was always going to dive and he was always going to get penalties. and once it went to penalties no one can beat the argies there they are super experienced at taking penalties from all the dives they do.

The only piece of your post that I agree with is the last part "Fifa is a joke"
  • Options
    After watching all the World Cup games on both BBC & ITV in my opinion the best commentator award goes to Ally McCoist and the worst to Danny Murphy closely followed by the screamy/shouty woman.
  • Options
    MISTY4MEMISTY4ME Member Posts: 6,163
    edited December 2022
    I don't know if this has been mentioned before 'coz I haven't looked at the whole thread ..... but was it @TimmyRaRa 's MUCH taller brother playing in goal for Argentina ? :)
  • Options
    tomgooduntomgoodun Member Posts: 3,726
    Doubleme said:

Did France get awarded 2 penalties in the final just to make it look less bent? 😉

Best final ever, great match from 80min onwards.
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 275
    Messi dived for the penalty did he doubleme?
  • Options
    So that's it all over for another four years, apart from the final, this world cup hasn't in my opinion been one of the greatest as the media like to suggest. Far too much negative football resulting in a record number of 0-0 games. I like to see quick attacking football Morocco/Senegal etc but for me the so called 'big teams' failed to show up. I personally loved the Russia world cup as every game was exciting and only one 0-0 in the entire tournament. As I'm typing this I've just heard that England have won the Fair Play Award for the least cards and that sums it all up for me.
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    The Tipsters did tip the Argie's to win the best two teams were in the final.
  • Options
    He'll be in trouble tonight.

• Options
    HENDRIK62HENDRIK62 Member Posts: 3,146
    Doubleme said:

you honestly need help
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,036
  • Options
    goldongoldon Member Posts: 8,489
    Does it say " Made in China "
  • Options
    gregkdy82gregkdy82 Member Posts: 528
    Doubleme said:

Never stood a chance? They had a very good chance to win the match in the last minute of extra time but hit the ball straight at the goalkeeper.

When did Messi dive?

The second penalty France got came after one of ther own players committed a handball.

Incredible that people can say it was rigged for Argentina to win.
  • Options
  • Options