You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Football Thread.

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,109
  • Options
  • Options
    DoublemeDoubleme Member Posts: 1,704
    its absolutely terrifying 0-0 17 mins in man city against southampton so scared southampton pull of a shock here really got to hope man city can do it.
  • Options
    phew that was a proper sweat but man city did it they held on 8 more games to go its going to be tense but just maybe just maybe this will be the year. note somehow I have got a badge of top fan for the southampton page on facebook and a warn of a ban from the group at the same time this makes no sense.
  • Options

James Corden played role in Todd Boehly choosing Chelsea manager after 'giving opinion'

Chelsea owner Todd Boehly listened to advice from TV host and personality James Corden before appointing Frank Lampard as interim boss at Stamford Bridge last week

TV host James Corden helped persuade Chelsea owner Todd Boehly to appoint Frank Lampard as interim coach at Stamford Bridge.

After dispensing with the services of Graham Potter earlier in the week, the Blues surprisingly turned to former boss Lampard – just months after his dismissal at Everton and two years since he was dismissed by Boehly’s predecessor Roman Abramovich in west London.
  • Options
    Bean81Bean81 Member Posts: 529
    The leadership team at Chelsea are clueless.

Cracking game at Anfield yesterday. Xhaka turned the game around for Liverpool with that pointless altercation with TAA. Van Dijk has been awful this season and doesn't look interested. TAA continues to be awful defensively, but great going forward.
  • Options
    VespaPXVespaPX Member Posts: 12,036
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,268
    edited April 2023

Paul Ince sacked by Reading.

I honestly think he was the one of, if not the, worst Managers in all of Senior football, & why Reading appointed him in the first place is quite a mystery. He'll struggle to get another job at a decent Club, though I suppose perennial strugglers like Stoke might consider him. Maybe he'll try for the 'Spurs gig.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65239073
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,111
    Tikay10 said:

I honestly think he was the one of, if not the, worst Managers in all of Senior football, & why Reading appointed him in the first place is quite a mystery. He'll struggle to get another job at a decent Club, though I suppose perennial strugglers like Stoke might consider him. Maybe he'll try for the 'Spurs gig.

Arsenal job rumoured to be available soon :)
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Tikay10 said:

Arsenal job rumoured to be available soon :)

@Essexphil

Yes, the rumour is Man City, Barcelona & Real Madrid are all trying to poach Arteta.
  • Options
    Kinda6677Kinda6677 Member Posts: 279
    Conte to Arsenal?
  • Options
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

I recognise the name dont know much about his performance as manager but if what you say is true I hope he takes over at southampton. I mean I still see relegation as unlikely despite the situation and what the bookies say I have booed southampton for decades they have been here enough times before they usually always manage a great escape. Often against Arsenal as well. I know Arsenal are top, but even so.

But just imagine if they got back to back relegation, I mean OMG I would just go wild. If they do go down need to work out how to post pics to the forums.
  • Options
    stokefcstokefc Member Posts: 7,655
    Doubleme said:

Tikay10 said:

I recognise the name dont know much about his performance as manager but if what you say is true I hope he takes over at southampton. I mean I still see relegation as unlikely despite the situation and what the bookies say I have booed southampton for decades they have been here enough times before they usually always manage a great escape. Often against Arsenal as well. I know Arsenal are top, but even so.

But just imagine if they got back to back relegation, I mean OMG I would just go wild. If they do go down need to work out how to post pics to the forums.
    When you post a comment you see that bar of references above the box you post in there's one which looks like a mountain inside a little box , if you highlight it with your mouse it says " ATTACH IMAGE" find your pic , right click on the pic , copy image , click on the attach image at the top , there is a box that says image url , click the box , copy image and Bobs your uncle , you will see it loading only takes a second or two , when you post comment your pic will miraculously appear , like this

• Options
  • Options
    What a waste of talent he could've been a major player.

Dele Alli surrounded by canisters with balloon in mouth after flopping out on loan
    Former England international Dele Alli is currently on loan from Everton at Turkish Super Lig side Besiktas, but returned to the UK last week to have a hip injury assessed.

A photo has emerged online of Dele Alli with a balloon in his mouth surrounded by what appear to be nitrous oxide canisters.

The Everton flop, who is currently on loan at Turkish club Besiktas, was pictured sitting with friends in a flat in Salford, Manchester around a table laden with soft drinks, a £215 bottle of tequila, and giant bottles of what seems to be nitrous oxide - otherwise known as 'hippie crack'.

Whether Alli inhaled the gas using the balloon isn't clear, but doing so gives an individual a short-lived euphoric high. It is currently a criminal offence to supply nitrous oxide as a means of getting high, but not to possess it.

Alli returned to the UK last week for an assessment on a hip injury that has left him out of action since February.

The 26-year-old has made just 15 appearances in all competition for the Super Lig giants, and was slammed by the team's head coach, Senol Gunes, who insisted he "did not deserve to play" for the team mere weeks after his arrival.

In March, Gunes claimed Alli had failed to report for training and couldn't be contacted, prompting the midfielder to deny that he had gone AWOL via social media.

Alli's career has been spiralling out of control in the past few years. After losing his place in Tottenham's team, he was dropped from the England squad before eventually being sold to relegation-battling Everton in January 2022.

He made just a handful of appearances for the Merseyside club, all but one of which were from the bench, before falling out of the first-team picture entirely at the end of the season.

In August he secured a loan move to Besiktas, but has thus far failed to reignite his career, or reproduce any of the form that made him one of football's most highly-rated youngsters not that long ago.
  • Options

@lucy4

I can't comment on the photo & alleged behaviour, but yes, what an awful waste of talent.

One day he'll come to his senses & realise what a mess he's made of things, but I fear it will be too late then.
  • Options
    Jose Mourinho called it right a few years ago.

• Options
    Watch: Goalkeeper makes HORROR gaffe after mistaking penalty spot for ball.

Goalkeeper Oliver Dovin had a day to forget when he produced an astonishing blunder just four minutes into his side’s clash with Hammarby in the Swedish top flight, mistaking the penalty spot for the ball.

The shot-stopper was lining up for Hammarby in what was just the second game of the Swedish top flight season as they faced BK Hacken, with both sides having won their opening game.

On paper, it was a tough clash, with the two sides having finished 1st and 3rd in the 2022 iteration of the tournament, but reigning Champions Hacken were handed a massive helping hand just minutes in.

Receiving a backpass, Dovin controlled the ball before looking up to try and find a teammate with a pass.

What he hadn’t noticed, however, was the ball rolling under his foot. Seemingly, he had seen the white penalty spot in the corner of his eye, and had assumed that it was the white ball which he had just brought under his spell.

As he continued to look for a pass with his foot on what he thought was the ball, striker Benie Traore nipped in for the hosts.

Only realising his mistake too late, Dovin could only turn around and watch on with the crowd as Traore tapped into an open net from mere yards out.

Hacken eventually ran out 3-1 winners thanks to a hat-trick from Traore, whose other two goals required slightly more skill. It leaves them top of the early running in Sweden, with only they and Malmo having won their opening two games, and Hacken out in front on goal difference.

For Dovin, it is not one that he will be keen to see again any time soon.