You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Options

Football Thread.

Comments

• Options
    lucy4lucy4 Member Posts: 7,108
    Essexphil said:

lucy4 said:

Ange Postecoglou has assured Tottenham fans that he'll deliver on his promise of Champions League football at White Hart Lane and BT Sports hope to have it installed by September :D

Nigel Farage says Arsenal should have been in charge of Brexit.

Cos then we'd have been out of Europe before Christmas :)

Until I see it on the side of a bus I don't believe it...
  • Options
    Is it an omen for City tomorrow ?

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Tikay10Tikay10 Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 161,220

That's fabulous, God bless Tinkerman.

Dilly-dilly etc.
  • Options
    HAYSIEHAYSIE Member Posts: 32,530
  • Options
  • Options

Bournemouth's Gary O'Neill sacked.
  • Options

Chelsea’s hopes of raising funds and lightening their squad have been given a major boost by three of their outcasts – Édouard Mendy, Kalidou Koulibaly and Hakim Ziyech – closing in on lucrative moves to clubs in Saudi Arabia.

Todd Boehly and Clearlake Capital are under pressure to move players out of Chelsea and the ownership hopes to offload a number of expensive misfits to the big-spending Saudi Pro League.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Who said that all goalkeepers are crazy...

Arsenal legend Jens Lehmann charged after 'taking chainsaw to neighbour's garage'.

Former Arsenal goalkeeper Jens Lehmann has been charged with property damage after allegedly taking a chainsaw to a neighbour's property, according to reports in Germany.

Lehmann is now living back in Germany. The 53-year-old, who retired in 2011 owns a property near Lake Starnberg in Bavaria.

According to Suddeutsche Zeitung, the former Germany international allegedly attempted to gain an unobstructed view of the lake and took a chainsaw to the neighbour's garage. It is being reported that the Munich II public prosecutor has brought a number of charges against the ex-pro. Lehmann has denied the allegations against him.

Suddeutsche Zeitung's report makes reference to an incident alleged to have taken place in July of last year. Police claim a cable was torn from a surveillance camera before Lehmann is alleged to have sawn apart a roof beam of the under-construction garage with a chainsaw.

It has been claimed that the camera in question continued to film, using battery camera, with Lehmann allegedly visible in footage.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I'm not too sure about this Arsenal signing.

Arsenal are close to reaching an agreement with Chelsea over the signing of Kai Havertz.

It is understood the Gunners will pay Chelsea £65m for the 23-year-old Germany international.

Personal terms are believed to already be in place with Havertz, with just the finer details needed to be completed before the deal is concluded.

Chelsea are understood to be satisfied with the deal as Havertz had made it clear he wanted to leave Stamford Bridge.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/12906857/kai-havertz-arsenal-close-to-agreeing-65m-deal-for-chelsea-forward
  • Options
    lucy4 said:

Arsenal are close to reaching an agreement with Chelsea over the signing of Kai Havertz.

It is understood the Gunners will pay Chelsea £65m for the 23-year-old Germany international.

Personal terms are believed to already be in place with Havertz, with just the finer details needed to be completed before the deal is concluded.

Chelsea are understood to be satisfied with the deal as Havertz had made it clear he wanted to leave Stamford Bridge.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/12906857/kai-havertz-arsenal-close-to-agreeing-65m-deal-for-chelsea-forward

@lucy4

I take your point, he's hardly been prolific at Chelsea, but Stamford Bridge has been such a dysfunctional place of late.
  • Options
    TheEdge949TheEdge949 Member Posts: 5,272
    Next through the door at Arsenal. The prolific Dutchman Hertz van Rental. Followed by the Korean duo of How Lon Sinse and Wi Won Somtin.
  • Options
    Tikay10 said:

lucy4 said:

@lucy4

I take your point, he's hardly been prolific at Chelsea, but Stamford Bridge has been such a dysfunctional place of late.
    I'm just hoping that it was a confidence issue at Chelsea and a new start with a different environment will sort him out but he did miss an awful lot of chances for Chelsea.
  • Options

Next through the door at Arsenal. The prolific Dutchman Hertz van Rental. Followed by the Korean duo of How Lon Sinse and Wi Won Somtin.

Apparently we're linked with 2 or 3 major signings so just to satisfy my OCD leanings here's How Lon Sinse Wi Won Somtin...

https://lastwonatrophy.co.uk/arsenal/
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,110
    Trouble is, no-one cares about the FA Cup any more.

Last won the League-2004.
    Last won a European trophy-1994.

Kai Havertz? £65 million? Madness.
  • Options
    Essexphil said:

Trouble is, no-one cares about the FA Cup any more.

Last won the League-2004.
    Last won a European trophy-1994.

Kai Havertz? £65 million? Madness.

@Essexphil I raise you the following...

Last won the League - 1961.

Last won a European trophy - 1984.

Richarlison ? £60 million ? Madness.
  • Options
    EssexphilEssexphil Member Posts: 8,110
    Richarlison looked like a good signing. Like lots of players at both clubs, it hasn't turned out that way. Ndombele and Pepe both looked good-and were not. Same for Sanchez and Partey.

Whereas Havertz just looks ill-suited to English football.
  • Options
    FORDAKIDZFORDAKIDZ Member Posts: 177
    I have to say it looks like the gooners mean business, once they steal our Declan i think that they will be able to supply Harvertz with what he needs, who would not dream of being supplied by the likes of Saka and Declan, he gonna get his chance to shape up or ship out.